Thread: Danni

Ya gotta love a 30-year-old with these favs:

Actors: John Wayne, Clint Eastwood, Sam Elliot
    Actresses: Vivian Leigh, Audrey Hepburn

Things that make you go hmmm:
    ....Danni v. Brianna
    ....John Wayne v. Johnny Knoxville
    ....Vivian Leigh v. Britney Spears

I think I might end of liking her but I don't know why.
    Favorite Dr Oliverisms

"We were about to have sex not move out of the state"

"Shh. Okay, stop. Just let me"

This girl is my preshow favourite. "Actresses: Vivian Leigh, Audrey Hepburn" The only tihng that turns me off is that she likes Country music hehe, never been a fan. None the less, she has gorgeous eyes, and I think she can use her looks to an advantage and actually play with the other guys' minds unlike that other Barbie doll on the show.
    "How do you feel about marriage and commitment?" - Britney Spears
    "I feel that...I feel that love is love...love has...I don't believe in marriage. I believe you can get married." - Kevin Federline

Huh? I think I just got stupider...
    Please do your part to help the victims of Hurricane Katrina: DONATE!

Quote Originally Posted by The Tonganoxie Mirror
    She's a ‘survivor'
    Tonganoxie woman competes on upcoming season of CBS program

By Shawn Linenberger, Reporter
    Wednesday, August 17, 2005

Tonganoxie native Danni Boatwright is best known for being the runner-up in the 1996 Miss USA pageant.

And now, nine years later, she's again participating in a televised competition. But this one is far from swimsuits and evening gowns.

Boatwright is a castaway on the CBS show "Survivor: Guatemala," which premieres Sept. 15 on Sunflower Broadband channels 5 and 13.

CBS prohibits contestants from talking about their experiences on the show until the final episode airs. So Boatwright said she couldn't discuss the show with The Mirror.

However, her mother, Vicki Cackler, said other reality show producers had approached Boatwright about being on their shows, but she refused.

"This was the only one that really interested her," Cackler said. "Because it's a contest, it pushes you. I think that's what intrigued her."

Getting ready

To prepare for the trip to Guatemala, Cackler said her daughter did research on the country. Boatwright's sister-in-law, Patti Cackler, who is a teacher in Tonganoxie, helped Boatwright with research and then quizzed her about Guatemala.

"She knew ahead of time where it was going to be ... She knew what she was getting into," Cackler said.

To physically prepare for Guatemala, Boatwright trained at Unlimited Fitness in Tonganoxie. Boatwright took nonu juice, a substance that helps build a person's immune system. She also used triotein, Cackler said, to help in her training. Triotein is a powder that is a protein supplement.

"They've just been phenomenal working with her," Cackler said.

Boatwright didn't limit her training to exercise. She also made a trip to Cabela's and asked employees about survival training. They taught her how to use a bow and arrow, among other things. Although she knew how to fish, stepfather Jim Cackler gave her additional pointers.

Of course, Cabela's workers had no idea she would be on "Survivor."

On the Web

Of the 16 castaways on this season's show, two are from Kansas -- Boatwright and Manhattan's Brandon Bellinger. Washington state is the only other state with multiple contestants.

At the network's Web site, www.CBS.com, bios of Boatwright and other castaways are featured.

Other Web sites, such as www.truedork.com and www.survivorphoenix.com, are independent sites that post more information, some that's false.

Cackler said one site states that Boatwright is married, but Cackler said she no longer is married.

The independent Web sites also have posts about who they think will be voted off, along with other comments and opinions.

"There are Survivor groupies like you would not believe," Cackler said. "They're hilarious.

"There are some that are nice and some that are not nice."

The show will end in December. Until then, Cackler can't comment on anything about the show because of contract agreements.

Whether Boatwright is the Survivor and $1 million richer is uncertain, but Cackler said it's clear that her daughter is proud of her hometown. Boatwright, who recently had lived in Kansas City, currently lives in Tonganoxie. Her mother said she never has opted to list her home as Kansas City on the CBS Web site.

"She's never said Kansas City or Shawnee or Johnson County," Cackler said. "She loves her home, which is Tonganoxie."
    Link: http://www.tonganoxiemirror.com/sect...cal/story/8142

Apparently she has some knowledge of internet Survivor speculators, which makes me think she knows more about this game than I thought.

She's the only girl in a house full of brothers..& parents end up naming her a "boy's name". What's up with that?
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

I like her I think... She likes real manly men, Katherine Hepburn (I love her!) seems proud of her family and small hometown... We will see if she has a model/pagent type attitude.
    Is probably over in the transcribing thread for Big Brother til death do us part.

"I don't trust that girl with a ten foot pole." - Annie
    Whhhhaaaaat? LMAO

This woman is going to have all the young guys on the show drooling. She's beautiful, she's older but still very hot - the perfect young male fantasy.

Personally, I like that although she is pretty, she is no dummy and a good athlete. We may see another Steph in the making. With her on the show, my husband may actually watch the show rather than concentrate on his laptop.

Quote Originally Posted by Maveno
    She's the only girl in a house full of brothers..& parents end up naming her a "boy's name". What's up with that?
    Her real name is Danielle. But I see your point.
    "I'm telling you - it's a madhouse out there. I feel like Charlton Heston waking up in the field and seeing the chimp on top of the pony." ~ Dennis Miller

Quote Originally Posted by Maveno
    haha, well, one of my best friends' name is Dannielle and I call her Danni all the time, sometimes even Dan. I really don't see "Danni" as a guy's name at all; I think it can work either way. Anyway, that was completely off topic haha.
    "How do you feel about marriage and commitment?" - Britney Spears
    "I feel that...I feel that love is love...love has...I don't believe in marriage. I believe you can get married." - Kevin Federline

Huh? I think I just got stupider...
    Please do your part to help the victims of Hurricane Katrina: DONATE!

Quote Originally Posted by Lil_Cutie
    I wonder if she'll know who Gary is, probably!

Yep, I think she will know him, but, hopefully won't "blow his cover"!!
    So far she's my pre-show favorite, we like the same scent, same color, Vivien Leigh, & the Chiefs!!!

GO CHIEFS FAN

+ Reply to Thread