+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Brooke

Quote Originally Posted by Hood River News
    Hood River’s Struck cast in new ‘Survivor’ series

News staff writer
    August 20, 2005

Yes, it’s true — a young woman from Hood River will be appearing on the next CBS Survivor series, “Survivor Guatemala, The Mayan Empire,” to begin airing Sept. 15.

Brooke Struck, a fifth-generation Hood River native, went to Guatemala to film the series right after her graduation from Pepperdine University in May.

“She’s very positive, very intelligent, and very good at problem solving,” said Sue Gay, Brooke’s mother. “She’s physically strong — a runner — and mentally strong; not a real emotional, fall-apart kind of girl. And she’s got pioneer blood, so maybe these things will help her do well on the show.”

Though the series has finished filming, Gay has no idea how her daughter fared. Every time she has asked Brooke anything at all, the response has been “Watch the show.”

Brooke, 26, the daughter of Dr. Tony and Sue Gay, graduated in 1997 from Hood River Valley High School and went on to Oregon State University, where she earned International and Political Science degrees, minoring in Spanish. After graduation she spent a year with the Americorps program, then entered the law school in Pepperdine.

“But even though she’s been away from Hood River for awhile, she still thinks of it as ‘home’,” Gay said.
    Link: http://www.hoodrivernews.com/News%20...eature%201.htm

Seems like more evidence supporting the general consensus for her; watch out, she's a competitor.
    Last edited by cable101; 08-21-2005 at 08:55 AM.

Caged Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion Maveno's Avatar
    ANY computer card games!?!? She's my favorite simply because of that. Wonder if I've ever played against her in any games... Or, should I say..kicked her ass at any games!
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

Another of my favorites along with Cindy, Bobby Jon and Stephanie. As with Cindy, I also dont see her making far into this game but I certainly hope for the best for her. She looks physically fit unlike some of the men and I think would be physically and mentally strong enough to endure through 40 days.
    Well, I was thinking when he said, "king of the jungle," I was, like, "Well, during the first challenge you would still be lost in the jungle if Jim and I hadn't, like, led you out. - Brooke Struck on Judd

Love is like the wind...You can't see it, but you can feel it

LOL...Am I the only person rooting for Brooke here I thought she did a great job in the reward challenge and a fairly good job in the immunity challenge...So far so good for Nakum although I seriously dread the shuffling of tribes next week
    Well, I was thinking when he said, "king of the jungle," I was, like, "Well, during the first challenge you would still be lost in the jungle if Jim and I hadn't, like, led you out. - Brooke Struck on Judd

I like Brooke a lot. I think she has a good head on her shoulders & I predict a long life. Hopefully...

I like her a lot. She's also been pretty invisible other than during the last reward challenge. I think she probably at least makes the jury.

Every time I see her name I have to sit and actually look at pictures to figure out who in the heck she is. She definitely has not been memorable from the show.
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

Quote Originally Posted by Broadway
    Every time I see her name I have to sit and actually look at pictures to figure out who in the heck she is. She definitely has not been memorable from the show.
    That's very true. I think we are missing a lot about where she stands in her tribe because she said without hesitation that she was going to be doing the calling in the Reward Challenge.

Quote Originally Posted by razorbacker
    I like Brooke a lot. I think she has a good head on her shoulders & I predict a long life. Hopefully...

Normally I wouldn't quote myself, but my goodness I was proven wrong immediately. I must have jinxed her.

Okay now I can't stand the heck out of Stephenie and Judd....Really sad that one of the stronger female and my favorite had to be voted off this early in this game and I can't help but support Brooke with the saying that Steph is indeed one of the weakest link in the tribe...After all, she did justify herself....Now I'm just hoping that there is a twist ala Pearl Islands or else this season is so screwed....Damn you Survivor for shuffling the tribes

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast