+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Brian

I'm really sad to see Brian go, I think he is really cool to watch and really smart as well. For one minute, while watching the episode, I thought that Rafe would give immunity to him, which meant that Bobby Jon would have been the one to go.... but it's a shame that he didn't... Gary didn't need it!...

Bummer. I was hoping he'd stay but clearly he outwitted himself. The entire tribe commented on how knowledgeable he was about the game. Maybe he should have kept his superior survivor skills under his hat a bit more so he'd be underestimated in the brains department and he would have seemed like much less of a threat. I'm sure that's what Bobby Jon's doing.
    "There is much pleasure to be gained from useless knowledge." – B. Russell

Caged Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion Maveno's Avatar
    Yea..I was bummed to see him go too. I thought he was funny, and definately the most devious on the tribe.
    I think the reason they dumped him was for strategic reasons only, strength on challenges.
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

FORT Newbie
    Yea..I was bummed to see him go too. I thought he was funny, and definately the most devious on the tribe. I think the reason they dumped him was for strategic reasons only, strength on challenges.
    I don't know. I think anytime you're getting the axe ahead of the girl with a bust up ankle, there has to be more than pure physicality at play. I'm not sure that we got the whole story in the edit, but what Bobby Jon implied about Brian's mental game must have played a part. You're absolutely right that it was strategic.

Anyone else get the impression that Danni, Bobby Jon, Gary, and Amy have formed a major alliance that's being played down (for now) in the edit? We've seen two moves over two weeks that would at least suggest that those four trust each other implicitly.

Caged Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion Maveno's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Cjay
    I don't know. I think anytime you're getting the axe ahead of the girl with a bust up ankle, there has to be more than pure physicality at play. I'm not sure that we got the whole story in the edit, but what Bobby Jon implied about Brian's mental game must have played a part. You're absolutely right that it was strategic..
    That's a totally valid point.

But I dunno.. Amy's basketball ankle would be a hindrance if she was laying around, pissing and moaning about the pain and not doing challenges. But, she's such a force to be reckoned with, that she's NOT coddling it, she's participating in challenges (& winning!!) and doesn't want any sympathy. I think the tribe is seeing her dedication and sees her as someone who'll go the extra mile.. even on a busted up ankle.
    If Brian had a gimpy ankle, I really don't see him as being a strong, un-needy person in camp. Amy, being injured (IMO) shows more strength for the team than Brian.

Who knows though, all I am is an arm chair Survivor.
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

"Woooo.. shut up!" dustparticle05's Avatar
    Some of the insider clips said they got rid of Brian instead of Amy because Yaxha would be down to one female (Danni, obviously) and that could backfire in male/female challenges (like the courtball and the giant ball challenges) because Danni would have to go every time.

everything under the sun lopevian's Avatar
    I for one won't miss the guy, nothing personal or specific...I guess he's "just not my style".
    "...Mr. Bluebird on my shoulder..."

i just watched the survivor live archive from last friday. and brian, since you specifically mentioned some of the posts from this web site, i know your lurking here somewhere. so let me just say, i am sure going to miss you. i wanted you take this one all the way. and i thought you were as smart as you bragged you were.

FORT Newbie
    [QUOTE=julitta]i just watched the survivor live archive from last friday. and brian, since you specifically mentioned some of the posts from this web siteQUOTE]

What did he say?

Quote Originally Posted by SandJamPanda
    What did he say?
    I don't remember his commenting on this site. I know he referenced reading the "internet community," but I'm afraid no special mention was made of the FORT. There's a chance I could have missed it, I suppose.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast