+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: Ways To Shake Up Future Seasons

Ways To Shake Up Future Seasons

OK, now that this season is over - I'm curious what sort of ideas folks have to "shake up" future shows. Here was an idea I had in my head.

First - I guess this borrows a little from Big Brother last year.... but I didn't think about that until after I had the idea. What about a show of nothing but twins - and each tribe is made up of only one of the twins. That way - until the merge - the twins would be competing against each other. Aliances would form and such - and brothers and sisters would eventually have to turn on each other. It might make for VERY interesting TV.

In my own little world where all things are Idol......
    Wow...interesting idea........that might work!
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

That would work, anything that puts a different twist. The same old same old is starting to get a little old. I would like to see a no elimination episode. The best competitors getting voted off first is irritating while the lazy less competitive are rewarded. I enjoyed Tom's competitive nature and thought he deserved to win but so did several others that were voted off.

Dividing the tribes up and the stronger more competitive people fight to win immunity for the tribe only to get voted out after individual immunity starts is most irritating. These people pay the price for their strength. It's just getting old seeing this over and over. If a strong player does make it to the end because they won all the immunity challenges (like Tom did), they will take a lazy less deserving person with them knowing the jury won't vote for them. I don't think these lazy less competitive people deserve the second place money.

Competitions would be for individual prizes. If it is a food prize no one is allowed to participate except the one who won. A lot more mental competitions and fewer physical competitions giving everyone a shot. At the end everyone gets one vote for anyone other than themselves. People with the most votes stays in the running until someone wins. Anyway, anything to change the dynamics of the sameness of survivor. At least try something different before viewers completely lose interest.

Hmm.. Survivor: Gemini sounds interesting even though it sounds Fear Factorish.

FORT Fogey
    I think if they'd left the survivors on the island without tribes for a few more days, even with a few individual challenges before being separated into tribes might make it more interesting...or have them split into separate beaches but all play individually with each tribe having an immunity challenge and tribal each time? This could work with more contestants and three tribes too.

Good topic idea, KC Chris.

It occurred to me last night after the Reunion, around the time they introduced Survivor: Maya (or whatever) that I was yawning at the thought. Living in a stone temple? Ho hum. So what? Big deal.

As I was listening to Probst grill the players, though, he made an interesting remark: "I've never played the game, but..."

So throw Probst in there. He always seems to have interesting questions and interesting takes on the game, but he can never seem to hold back his comments about play style.

I'd love to see how he fares as a tribe member. Just get TAR-Phil on hosting duties while Probst is off chopping coconuts.

ETA: I shared the idea with my fiance last night after we finished watching the Reunion. She thinks it could never work, that there's nothing special about Probst as a player. I think it has potential.
    "...Every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things donít always soften the bad things, but...the bad things donít always spoil the good things." - The Doctor

Leo
    Premium Member
    One idea I've had for a while is having an individual IC for the tribe that loses the tribal IC. It would help keep stronger players around. (The only reason strong players like Tom, Ian, and Gregg got as far as they did this season is Ulong utterly and completely self-destructed. Otherwise, they would have had little chance of getting far.)

Quote Originally Posted by Leo
    One idea I've had for a while is having an individual IC for the tribe that loses the tribal IC. It would help keep stronger players around. (The only reason strong players like Tom, Ian, and Gregg got as far as they did this season is Ulong utterly and completely self-destructed. Otherwise, they would have had little chance of getting far.)
    I guess I don't follow this one. Gregg, Tom & Ian were a rather large part of why their tribe lasted & won as many times as they did. Yes Ulong self destructed, but they may not have done so without the help of the other tribe kicking their butts time after time. I think those three may have gotten that far regardless, they all seemed to have a good grasp on how to play the politics.

By the way I enjoyed this season more than any season for a long time. It had enough twists all by itself without manufacturing them.

I like the idea of waiting a few days to form tribes. That way people will get to know each other and build alliances, and then get split up. Maybe an even better way to go is to form tribes and then reshuffle them suddenly prior to the first immunity challenge/tribal council. That would really throw everyone off.

I like it that the challenges were more physical this year, but that puts the non-athletic people at a big disadvantage (which is fine with me as a viewer, but I wouldn't like it if I were a non-athletic player in the game). I'd like to see a show where everyone is like Tom or Steph, where you have nothing but very athletic, tough-minded people who always go all-out on the challenges. I do think, though, that if they are going with a mixed group of athletic and non-athletic people, there should be more mental/non-athletic challenges. Otherwise the only way people like Caryn and Katie will ever win is to back into it like Sandra did on Pearl Islands. The problem with mental challenges, though, is that they are boring to watch on TV. I've always said that the Survivor challenges should be more like those on "Most Extreme Elimination Challenge" and this season's were more like that. They should be difficult and slightly dangerous, ie, fun to watch.

I really think Tom and Steph saved Survivor. It had been headed downhill the past couple of seasons, and this season breathed new life into the show. To me, those two are the main reason for that. It's just nice to see people playing to win instead of playing not to lose. And so much of Survivor recently had been watching people just sitting around and doing nothing. Several of the people in this group - like Tom and Steph - were much more active and weren't the sitting-around-and-complaining-about-things type of people. One "change" I would make is to stop casting people like Janu and Ashlee. There was nothing about them that said they would do well in this game. Instead of griping about people quitting, Burnett and Co. need to do a better job of selecting contestants. Everyone doesn't need to be a stud athlete, but they do need to be ultra-competitive.

FORT Regular
    I have thought for a while now that it would be fun if instead of immunity challenge that is won by a single person they should have the last person to complete the immunity challenge is out and has to leave right then. But that would eliminate any need for a Tribal Council I guess, so maybe that wouldn't work. I am so tired of the lazy a** ones staying and staying and staying. There should be some immediate penalty for not giving it your all. This is the game of Survivor after all!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast