+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Ways To Shake Up Future Seasons

Leo
    Premium Member
    OPFOR = opposing force in military terminology. I think what Siryn means is allowing the booted contestants to participate in challenges. If one of the booted ones win, then the reward/immunity goes to no one.

Thanks Leo. I was completely baffled by that. Is this a common internet acronym? Or do you just need a military bkgd. to know it?

FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by phat32
    As I was listening to Probst grill the players, though, he made an interesting remark: "I've never played the game, but..."

So throw Probst in there. He always seems to have interesting questions and interesting takes on the game, but he can never seem to hold back his comments about play style.

I'd love to see how he fares as a tribe member. Just get TAR-Phil on hosting duties while Probst is off chopping coconuts.

ETA: I shared the idea with my fiance last night after we finished watching the Reunion. She thinks it could never work, that there's nothing special about Probst as a player. I think it has potential.
    I think it would be great to see a Survivor of nothing but tv show hosts. You could have Jeff, Phil, Regis, Seacrest, Trebek, etc. Just the thought of those guys competing in challenges is funny.

FORT Upperclassman
    There seems to be current trend in Reality TV of casting ex-contestants of other shows, former Survivor contestants included. If Survivor feels compelled to do this, I recommend not bringing in other winners. As much as I would love to see Chip from TAR 5 again, these individuals would have such huge targets on their backs, it wouldn’t make it any fun, even less Survivor All Stars.

My premise is to bring back contestants of other shows that were gypped in their show. They can compete as a tribe against contestants without prior experience. With that, I present my tribe of former contestants I proudly call the Moekle tribe:

Amy, Apprentice 1 – So what she isn’t a good interviewee. She dominated the tasks like Koror, which were more real life than any CEO interview, and was always picked to join the tribe she decimated.

Bradford, Apprentice 2 – He was a quality contestant that made one big mistake. We can be certain he won’t give up the Immunity Necklace.

Brita, America’s Next Top Model 4 – How can the second prettiest girl be eliminated in the first round? I don’t know. But seeing her anytime, anywhere, anyway is a good thing.

Will, Big Brother 5 – He was the only victim of the twin alliance. And, he is fulfilling the new requirement of having a gay contestant. I understand there is a huge fine involved.

Lena or Kristy, TAR 6 – Either sister will suffice. They were both so nice and Lena worked so hard unraveling bay of hales in a chance contest. Either one should get a second opportunity.

Michael Skupin, Survivor: Outback – Yeah, I know he was a Survivor contestant, but not included in All-Stars. With all the disgust towards quitters, we need to see someone who has to be carried away from the game in an ambulance gurney.

Amanda, Big Brother 4 – She was the first victim on the wrong side of the X Factor. However, if she is on the chopping block, Survivor fans will forget about Jenna and Heidi.

Troy, Apprentice 1 – He was not so much a victim rather than just somebody I’d like to see again. No matter where Survivor is held, he will adapt.

Stacie J., Apprentice 2 – Just as Jolanda was a victim of Survivor contestants playing the Apprentice, Stacie J was a victim of Apprentice contestants playing Survivor. Even Donald Trump was uncharacteristically apologetic at the Reunion show.

There you have it in all its glory, the Moekle tribe. Just remember, this is all tongue-in-cheek.

I agree I'd like to see more shake-ups among the tribes, it keeps alliances from becoming too solid.

What would really be fun is if each tribe had the opportunity to "kidnap" members from the other tribe, say for 24 hours.

For example, on the day before a challenge, tribe A could kidnap a person from tribe B and therefore prevent that person from competing in the challenge against them. After the challenge, the "victim" would be returned to his tribe. The trade off could be that, if it were an immunity challenge, the returned "victim" could not be voted out that night. You'd really have to think about who to kidnap because you'd want to take away the other team's strongest people, but at the same time you'd actually be ensuring they stayed in the game longer.

You could also use the opportunity to try to get information from, or form an alliance with the victim, like a double-agent. On the other hand, if you were outside the main alliance on your own tribe, you could try to get yourself kidnapped by the other tribe for a chance to secretly ally with them before the merge.

I can see a whole lot of possibilities for some really interesting scenarios!!!

--Poppy

~FO SCHIZZLE ALL THE WAY~ SwiffyPortillo's Avatar
    I haven't read through this whole thread, so I'm not sure if it's been mentioned, but I've always thought that every three days the tribes should be mixed up so that it'll be harder to keep alliances.
    "Greg talks into a coconut and thinks it's a phone,"- Colleen Haskell, 'SURVIVOR: BORNEO'.

In my own little world where all things are Idol......
    Quote Originally Posted by SwiffyPortillo
    I haven't read through this whole thread, so I'm not sure if it's been mentioned, but I've always thought that every three days the tribes should be mixed up so that it'll be harder to keep alliances.
    I like this one! Where's Mark Burnett to tell him?
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

PWS
    FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by Scaryice
    I think it would be great to see a Survivor of nothing but tv show hosts. You could have Jeff, Phil, Regis, Seacrest, Trebek, etc. Just the thought of those guys competing in challenges is funny.
    And let's not forget the ladies...Ellen*, Oprah, Kathy Lee AND Regis' current co-host,....

* satisfies above mentioned non-straight contestant rule

Ooooohhh.... NEW IDEA!!!

I started this thread - but I have another idea. Survivor could capitolize on the latest trend in TV......... Texas Hold'Em Immunity Challenges!!!

That's right - they would have a "Texas hold'Em" tourney for immunity every time.

Quote Originally Posted by kc_chris
    Ooooohhh.... NEW IDEA!!!

I started this thread - but I have another idea. Survivor could capitolize on the latest trend in TV......... Texas Hold'Em Immunity Challenges!!!

That's right - they would have a "Texas hold'Em" tourney for immunity every time.
    It's a bit different from the very physical challenges that were presented in Palau, but it just might work!

Quote Originally Posted by Scaryice
    Seacrest would be an instant target. Who wouldn't want to vote off Ryan Seacrest? I'd love to see his torch snuffed on the first episode, with his final words being "Seacrest, out."
    It seems to me that Probst would be another likely target, but he may end up being one of the more physically-able contestants in the beginning.
    Anderson Cooper deserves to make it as well. So does Joe Rogan. Actually, this makes me want to make up a quick list:

Survivor: Hosts (working title)

Guys - Jeff Probst, Phil Keoghan, Ryan Seacrest, Anderson Cooper, Joe Rogan, Regis Philbin, Alex Trebec, and Donald Trump.
    Girls - Ellen DeGeneres, Oprah Winfrey, Kathy Lee, Kelly Ripa, Meredith Vieira, Dayna Devon, Katie Couric, and Julie Chen.

It will never happen, but that could actually end up being good TV.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast