+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Ways To Shake Up Future Seasons

FORT Newbie
    One of my friends had the idea that the first person voted out goes to the other tribe instead of leaving the game.

I've been a bad, bad girl Siryn's Avatar
    I think making the bootees OPFOR would be fun. Not to return to the game to compete for the prize, but they can get a free shot a messing up whoever they want in challenges - vengeance is best served cold.

I also like delaying the selection of tribes for a few days. Use some ad hoc teams picked randomly the first 6 days for reward/ICs, then make tribes on day 7.

Have them live on one beach the entire time... tribe rewards take place elsewhere.

Random individual immunity for a second player on the losing tribe - picked by the other tribe.

Ways to forfeit immunity at Tribal Council - so that it's possible that NO ONE would have immunity at TC, like Pearl Islands F4 when useless Darrah got the boot.

I know! MORE contestants! Go for 22 next time!

Kidding.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

So would the person who won the IC be able to give it up and still be safe, and still not be able to vote?
    The immunity and loss of vote goes with the necklace. That brings up an interesting possibility--the winner of the IC gives the necklace to someone in an opposing alliance, thus reducing the power of the other alliance . . . (for example, you and I are in opposing 4-member alliances. You win the IC, but if you keep immunity, your alliance has only three votes. If you instead give the immunity necklace to me, I am suddenly on the out-gunned alliance.) If you are on the outside of any alliance (like Caryn), or in a very small alliance, then keeping the immunity necklace may be more attractive.
    "The road that is built in hope is more pleasant to the traveler than the road built in despair, even though they both lead to the same destination."
    --Marion Zimmer Bradley

I have a good idea for next season: human sacrifice.

Too cold to run away! Burntcrow's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Krom
    I have a good idea for next season: human sacrifice.
    Great Idea!
    This would work in All Stars 2: Wanda and Friends.

Quote Originally Posted by karalott
    Just in case someone didn't know what I meant, I mean don't pick people like this, but pick those who want to play the game (or at least will try and not throw in the towel so quickly).
    I don't think 12 hours into the final immunity challenge is throwing in the towel quickly. The only difference between Ian jumping/falling off from fatigue after what was an extremely respectable amount of time was that he cut a deal. It was an unexpected sort of a deal, but for me, it is partly the unexpected decisions that the survivors make that make the game different and interesting. Again, I'm harping on the fact that 18 or so different people thrown together are always going to yield interesting results, whether the formula is tinkered with or not.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp
    Quote Originally Posted by kungfuhippie
    I don't think 12 hours into the final immunity challenge is throwing in the towel quickly. The only difference between Ian jumping/falling off from fatigue after what was an extremely respectable amount of time was that he cut a deal. It was an unexpected sort of a deal, but for me, it is partly the unexpected decisions that the survivors make that make the game different and interesting. Again, I'm harping on the fact that 18 or so different people thrown together are always going to yield interesting results, whether the formula is tinkered with or not.
    Well, I didn't really mean Ian, although I'll never begin to understand his desicion. But we had Colby who gave up $900,000 for friendship, and even though Kim J didn't have a prayer of winning no matter who she went up against, she took Ethan, the one no one would have won against, instead of taking someone more dislikeable and at least attempting to win.

Who I was referring to is Osten (since he almost made the merge, I'm not sure if it's considered throwing in the towel quickly or not, but close enough in my mind), and Ashlee (she reminds me of someone who should have been on Big Brother) and Jeff.

Here's an idea: run some "double immunity" challenges with the following formula (I'm talking about individual immunity--so it's best targeted to happen in the few weeks immediately after a merge):

Two challenges--one primarily mental, one primarily physical. The Survivors hand Jeff a secret ballot beforehand telling which challenge they want to try. Obviously, the more people who "try" a particular challenge, the worse the odds are.

There can even be some gamesmanship behind this, because people will be trying to guess who's doing what, where the better odds are, and who needs to be stopped at all costs and where THEY might play (theoretically if someone was the ONLY person in a challenge, they'd automatically win). Also, the IDEA of two immunities--even mid-season--will be a great way to shake up predictable alliances.

There may be some ways to mix up the team immunities too, but I'm still working on that idea. Plus, this double individual immunity idea obviously has to stop in the final weeks of the show.

Quote Originally Posted by Siryn
    I think making the bootees OPFOR would be fun.
    OPFOR? Huh?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast