+ Reply to Thread
Page 29 of 31 FirstFirst ... 19202122232425262728293031 LastLast

Thread: ***5/12 Show Discussion Thread - SPOILERS***

Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeGal
    Katie has to be the fattest Survivor ever.
    Me-owww! Girls are so mean to each other. Did you see "Big Tom" and Rupert on All-Star Survivor?

Katie's in a pretty good position. She's the perfect F2 candidate. I'm sure Tom, Ian & Jenn would all love to face her in the end. All could beat her, I'd think.

I don't know what kind of friendship Ian & Katie have, but that's got to be one of the most intense platanoic friendships cultivated in a month that I've ever seen.

It's good to see Katie scheme. At least she's doing something besides losing all the challenges.

Caryn's meltdown was spectacular. I realize she was trying to fight for Katie's vote, but she sure did blow it.

I'm with Jeff. I can't wait to see how this goes down.
    If you go through a lot of hammers each month, I don't think it necessarily means you're a hard worker.
    It may just mean that you have a lot to learn about proper hammer maintenance.

What it weird, wild, and wacky to me is that Sandra, who won on the last Survivor (I don't mean All Stars) can get away with getting up in people's faces, telling it like it is, and calling them m*****f*****s and end up winning the cool mill; but Caryn who played the similar role as Sandra ("you need my vote, I'll give it to you") did minus the profanity, gets booted!

And, let's face it, women's alliances (WA) DON'T WORK! They sway too much and the men end up winning everything they try to set up a WA. Those foolish femmes could've gotten rid of Ian!!!!
    "My life gets less like chess and more like whack-a-mole every day."
    <-- "I'm Hexy and I know it!"

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata
    What the heck happened tonight. Does Caryn have a stupid gene or what. This woman is a complete and total failure as a lawyer and as a game player.
    Lawyers are supposed to be smart, have strategies and be game players.
    She's a civil rights attorney. That doesn't count.

Quote Originally Posted by yocedeith
    I don't know why Tom wouldn't want Jenn out before Caryn, if he was intent on bringing the Katie and Ian alliance as far as he could go with them, he was clearly blind to the fact that Ian's strongest alliance is with Katie. At least Caryn seemed to have some sort of allegiance to him, so it could have been 2-2 if he continued to cultivate a relationship with her, which is better than 2-1-1. Jenn's just a wild card. I think Jenn is gonna side w/ Katie and Ian if one of the three of them (Ian) wins immunity to take Tom out. He didn't cover his butt nearly enough in the case that he doesn't win Final 3 immunity.

Obviously, Caryn seemed to want to dig her own grave, but I'd bet that she knew she was going in order to justify that little tirade. I think if she thought she had any chance to stay in the game, she would have kept her mouth shut.
    Ian made several stupid moves, but Tom made a huge mistake in not trying to keep his alliance with Caryn and build one with Jenn. Even if he didn't want to boot Ian, he should have worked to vote out Katie or Jenn. Ian would have been upset if Katie left but he would have gotten over it because he wouldn't have had anything to do with it. Now Tom is the odd man out and he needs to be working on Jenn big time to align with him (and he has to do better than the threats he used on Katie). Tom has got to win every immunity challenge or he's gone. Ian seems to somehow have won himself a free pass to the final three.

Quote Originally Posted by Kocky_Kamikaze
    And, let's face it, women's alliances (WA) DON'T WORK! They sway too much and the men end up winning everything they try to set up a WA. Those foolish femmes could've gotten rid of Ian!!!!
    There have been so many times in Survivor when the women could have taken control of the game, and they never take advantage of it. That's twice in this season where there was a golden opportunity (this week and when Steph arrived) for the women to take charge and they didn't capitalize on it. I don't get it. But I guess I don't understand women that well, anyway.

just above the horizon, but below the ozone
    wow, that was a good tribal council....lets just blab the whole thing out, but for a lawyer Caryn can't argue a point to save her butt and she got kicked off. then again she was an idiot to hang and join the five to begin with.why can't the woman not stick together? the meek shall inherit the earth? not if its women because they will fall apart everytime it seems. STUPID!!! and what is with Katie and Ian? there sure seemed to be alot more behind that discussion on the beach than what was said, though I have to admit Katie sure looks nice with her hair down, like a grouch with her hair up though, not so pretty.

FORT Fogey
    The only drawback Tom would have had with a Caryn/Jen alliance is that after they voted out Ian, the women may have gone to Katie and said let's get rid of Tom and make it a final three where any of us could win. Now that would be assuming Tom didn't win immunity against the women, but stranger things have happened....

I think Ian will blow his chance to make it to the F2 with Tom, if he hasn't already. He and Katie spilling the beans about their alliance of two was really stupid, if you ask me. Had Ian kept his mouth shut, he would have had both Tom and Katie believing he was in a F2 alliance with each of them and he would have increased his chances of making it to the F2. The way it stands now, Ian's only chance is to hope Tom and Jen don't team up against him and Katie (and pull that same strategy of pulling Katie into the alliance with them by reminding her of the purple rock thing) and then win the final immunity challenge so he picks who goes to the F2 with him. In all probablility, Tom and Ian are the only ones left who can win an immunity challenge. That means Tom will probably not take Ian into the F2, if he should win that immunity, b/c Ian is too open about his F2 alliance with Katie.

Kao
    I think that even if the women were planning to vote for Ian every last one probably changed their minds after Caryn's diatribe last night. She completely told on EVERYONE! How on earth can you trust any alliance with this woman? Sure made for good TV though.

Did anyone see Caryn this morning? She looks about ten years younger with makeup. I thought that she looked very pretty today. I was also glad that she was on this show since I so wanted her off of Survivor.

Quote Originally Posted by Kocky_Kamikaze
    What it weird, wild, and wacky to me is that Sandra, who won on the last Survivor (I don't mean All Stars) can get away with getting up in people's faces, telling it like it is, and calling them m*****f*****s and end up winning the cool mill; but Caryn who played the similar role as Sandra ("you need my vote, I'll give it to you") did minus the profanity, gets booted!

Sandra was a terrific player. She went off on Jonny Fairplay, remember? She wasn't the only one. Rupert probably would have killed him if the cameras weren't rolling. Even Jeff Proebst couldn't stand JFP. Unlike Caryn, Sandra restricted her tirade.

A quick Sandra highlight reel:
    - Hiding behind Rupert's big skirt through most of the game. She was in no danger at all until he was gone.
    - Sneaking around and eavsdropping on other players' strategy meetings. She even brought another player along on one of her reconnaissance missions to demonstrate a point.
    - Throwing out some fish and letting Christie take the heat.
    - The "Everybody loves Lil" speech at a TC sealed the deal. Lil thought Sandra respected her, but would lose to her in a jury vote. So at the end, Lil took Sandra to F2.

I dont' think Caryn can carry Sandra's coconuts as a game player.

And about women's alliances...funny you should mention Sandra. When Burton took JFP on reward after winning the car challenge, three women were left behind, just like last night. Sandra, Darrah and Lil came together to take out Burton. Those three women were not previously allied, either.

Reading through my previous post, I just thought of something. Last night we saw Ian and Katie very obviously "go for a walk" in front of other players.

Earlier this season we saw Coby do the same with Steph. We know what happened then.

Through the entire history of Survivor, players have made a huge effort to avoid a perception that they are strategizing.

Ian and Katie were totally out-front about it. Nobody called them on it. Amazing.

+ Reply to Thread