+ Reply to Thread
Page 26 of 31 FirstFirst ... 16171819202122232425262728293031 LastLast

Thread: ***5/12 Show Discussion Thread - SPOILERS***

Has anyone thought, that maybe the reason that Ian didn't take Katie on the reward challenge, was because there is something going on between them and he didn't want everyone else to know???

My husband only watches every once and and while and that was the conclusion he came up with. I agree, I think more is going on and they are just doing a really good job of hiding it. You don't hug a friend, the way Ian hugged Katie.

Just my 2 cents worth.

Dani Filth is My Hero undertakeress's Avatar
    I still say something came out that made Caryn pretty sure she was going and that's why she blurted out everything..

I honestly can't believe someone is that stupid :S
    I <3 Cradle of Filth

From the corner of my eye Jewelsy's Avatar
    What a great show.

Okay, Ian is officially stripped of his man card. What the HELL was he thinking?

Could Caryn be any MORE of an idiot?

I was loving all the spewin' that went down during TC. They're going to start eating their young soon.
    "Among the blind, the squinter rules." ~ Gerard Didier Erasmus

Quote Originally Posted by kbb71
    Has anyone thought, that maybe the reason that Ian didn't take Katie on the reward challenge, was because there is something going on between them and he didn't want everyone else to know???

My husband only watches every once and and while and that was the conclusion he came up with. I agree, I think more is going on and they are just doing a really good job of hiding it. You don't hug a friend, the way Ian hugged Katie.

Just my 2 cents worth.
    I have actually been wondering this same thing myself. I also wonder if Ian decided to take Tom over Katie on the reward, so the girls would think he's more alligned with Tom, when in all actuality his alliance is really with Katie.

I've been a bad, bad girl Siryn's Avatar
    I like this season and that has to be the best pre-final TC ever. Caryn -- dumb as rocks for showing how untrustworthy you were at TC, but thanks for the entertainment!! She should have played Tom for an alliance a little longer and gotten rid of Jenn or Ian. But good show overall.

Caryn must've known she was on her way out, and that's why she blurted everything to the jury. She would not have been able to do that at Loser Lodge so this was the perfect time to air all the dirty deals going on. It was kind of funny watching Ian/Tom squirm.

There has to be something between Ian and Katie, or at least on his part. He was practically begging her. Either that or he's one heck of an actor.

FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by kbb71
    I think it was at that point that Tom had recommened taking Caryn and that Ian wanted to take Katie because Tom wanted Caryn as his F2 partner and Ian wanted Katie as his F2 partner.

So if he took Caryn it was playing into Tom's hands. Plus Caryn is annoying. If he takes Katie then Tom realizes that Ian is going to turn on him. So he took Tom.

Neither Tom or Ian seem to want to take the other into F2. Tom wanted to get to F3 with Ian and Caryn and then take Caryn into the F2 and win. Ian probably was thinking take Tom into F4 and then get rid of him as soon as possible.

I believe it just became obvious to everyone involved that Caryn was a lose cannon that couldn't be trusted with logic. She proved that even more during the TC. What spelled her doom was Tom knew she wasn't going to vote with them after Ian's stupidity. So he knows she's no longer a viable F2 member. She is also the one woman who you know is going to go for the women vs men split after the Ian incident. It shouldn't take much to convince either Jenn or Katie that she is easily manipulated and could be a wild card. I'd rather face a F4 composed of people who I know where they stand even if that means they stand against me than go in with someone who could change their vote randomly and seems to have no motivation or insight past the next five minutes.

Let's say F4 is Ian, Tom, Katie and Caryn. Tom can't rely on Caryn not to just randomly go up to Katie and say "Tom is voting you out but I'm going with the women alliance now!" and Katie can't trust her not to then go back to Tom and say "We're done now you manipulative bastard. I'm voting with Katie to knock you or Ian out!" at which point Ian goes "Katie what's going on!" etc. With Jenn in the mix you have someone who is making logical moves which can be anticipated and interacted with in a logical manner. Caryn was making moves based on the direction of the wind. It was obvious she was faltering from her loyalty with Tom as she has faltered all game long. She wasn't a partner that anyone would want.

Going so far as to say Katie and Jenn couldn't really rely on her for the women vs. men alliance as they saw what happened when they tried that when Stephanie was around. If they go through with it does Caryn immediatly run to Tom and Ian and tell them Katie is turning against them? All of this was just reinforced at TC although I think they had their minds made up well before she went crazy.

Caryn should have been gone right after Williard but Ulong was such an awful tribe they allowed her to stay around until the end. Most of the time the dead weights like Williard, Janu and Caryn get dumped during premerge. This time Ulong was so dominating that never happened. If the double TC episode hadn't happened it's possible Willard would have made it to the jury.

PS Caryn looks like on of the Kids in the Hall cast members in drag.

Ian seems to do what I do sometimes - not listen to what people are saying or thinking too far ahead while you're talking so you get way off track. He's lucky he's had Tom around so far to save his ass or someone would have really torn into him after one of his verbal slip-ups.

For once at the TC, after someone has spilled the beans in a last-ditch effort to stay in the game or influence the jury, those who were accused of some wrongdoing defended themselves vehemently and perhaps pretty successfully as well. Those on the jury loved hearing what Caryn was saying but I think Tom and Ian struck back in a way that will benefit one of them later.

Katie seemed to be going way over the top as a drama queen tonight but she reeled Ian in. Tom was right - Ian needs to watch out for her.

Even if Ian and Tom continue to win the IC's, I'm hoping the final still lives up to expectations. Someone in the Ian-Tom-Katie trio will have to take one of the others out at some point. What is amazing is the the Final 4 players only have 2 votes combined against them - Ian and Katie each have one.
    Log off. That cookie sh*t makes me nervous. --Tony Soprano

So I said to him, "Look, buddy, your car was upside down when we got here. And as for your Grandma, she shouldn't have mouthed off like that!" --Homer Simpson

there were a lot of things that really really really bugged me about some of the people tonight..

1. Ian was always at the top of my list, but he was really being two faced tonight and katie was playing him like a fiddle "boohoo, i dont know who i can trust because you lied to me" It was a stupid barbeque and bed big deal, it wasnt like he said he wouldnt vote her out and then did. Anyways, they all got to go the last time and Ian and Tom missed out so it was their turn IMO. He would have totally been safe if he stayed to the plan...ian, tom and caryn, they could have taken out the girls and then tom and ian would have had no problem taking out caryn...it was flawless. This episode made Ian look like such a wuss...he couldnt even stand up to a freakin girl.

2. Caryn would have been set if she would have kept her mouth shut possibly, she just went off on everyone and ticked everyone off. She wouldnt have won, but she could have played the game better and stayed around...she just lost it.

Im sure Tom voted for Caryn even though they got in that tiff cause he thought Ian was going to end up staying with the plan, didnt anyone notice him wince when she was voted off? Gosh, I hate it when thinks dont work out as I want lol. Ian has lost a tad bit of respect from me and we'll see if he gains it back.
    Clay Aiken "when everyones working on it change isnt impossible, its inevetible"

My daughter called last night just as they got to tribal council...just what was it Caryn said?

+ Reply to Thread