+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How To Get To The Final 2

FORT Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by kerry
    I couldn't agree more! I think the women would be idiots to not vote out whichever male player does not get immunity, or Tom if a woman wins it. But, alas, I'd lay odds that this won't happen.

If it did, however, the next step would be to eliminate the other male (if possible) or Jenn. If it comes down to three women in the final three, I hope Caryn and Katie get to the final 2 and that Caryn wins it. She's the least annoying of the women, but not by much. (I really don't care for Katie; she's a prime example of the peter principle.) If one of the guys makes it to the final 2, I don't know if he'd take it. The jury's pretty bitter this season and just might give it to anybody BUT Tom or Ian just out of spite.

Actually I would think (or hope) the opposite would be true (about the jury being bitter) and that they would vote for the person that did the most for the tribe.

My feeling is that the person I most want to be against in the final two would be Katie. I think Gregg would vote against her for backstabbing him; Jenn would vote against Katie for backstabbing her. Tom would vote against her for thinking about getting him voted off. That's three already.

So my choice for final two would be Katie and anyone else lol

What I've noticed since Season I, is that a lot of contestants wanted to have their cake and eat it too. By that I mean that they wanted not only to get to the final two, but they wanted to pick who they wanted to be with. Something they missed is that being selective about this will result in lessening your chances of getting to the final two. You must concentrate on the goal (final two) and do your best once there to argue better and appeal to the jury once there.

That's why when Katie was wary of seeing Ian want to be in the final two with her, I thought it was a bad attitude to have. Take whatever you can. Be in the final two with good people, and make the jury think they're weak, or be in the final two with bad people and make the jury think they're scum. All that matters is: be in the final two!
    "The bureaucracy is expanding to meet the needs of an expanding bureaucracy."
    -- Unknown

Snoozin' on the beach
    I can't see any of them voting for katie in the F2, no matter who she is running against. Sure Coby was not happy with Tom as we saw eventually but he really didn't want to see Katie get far since the begining. What was his quote? If Katie gets far I will puke, puke, puke! Janu had that big fight with Katie and Caryn had been fighting with her since the first episode. That's 3 right there. I think Steph would vote Tom also regardless of a broken alliance. The dislike of Katie along with her lack of work is much stronger than anyone else. At worst it would be considered a vote AGAINST Katie rather than a vote for Ian or Tom. More like a vote of default but the results would be the same... no Katie win. Of the 3 women left, Katie has no chance, Jenn has no chance ( but at least she would get Gregg's vote). Caryn would have the best chance to win it (against Ian or Tom) of the women but I give her odds of slim to none. Maybe a few votes, Coby and Janu but that would be about it.

FORT Fogey
    I have to say, if I'm on the jury and Tom and Ian are still in the game, win the final immunity and select any of these women to go to the F2 with them, then I would vote against that man. That would be like picking the weaker player cuz your not man enough to go head to head against the biggest challenger you've had there. That would just suck! That would be like taking the decision away from the jury, and if I were on the jury, that would make me mad enough for me to take the million dollars away from you. Nobody likes a cocky snot who thinks he has it in the bag...

FORT Fogey
    Now getting to F2 is easy. String along an idiot and kick her to the curb when she loses immunity after 5 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaius
    What I've noticed since Season I, is that a lot of contestants wanted to have their cake and eat it too. By that I mean that they wanted not only to get to the final two, but they wanted to pick who they wanted to be with. Something they missed is that being selective about this will result in lessening your chances of getting to the final two. You must concentrate on the goal (final two) and do your best once there to argue better and appeal to the jury once there.

That's why when Katie was wary of seeing Ian want to be in the final two with her, I thought it was a bad attitude to have. Take whatever you can. Be in the final two with good people, and make the jury think they're weak, or be in the final two with bad people and make the jury think they're scum. All that matters is: be in the final two!
    Well said Zaius.

I think that if you get the chance to choose your final two partner, then that is just icing on the cake, but to focus to hard on one single person can only result in disappoint in most, but not all cases.
    "George Oscar Bluth II, aka GOB, featured magician in the best selling videotape, "Girls With Low Self Esteem" invites you to enter his world.
    -- Arrested Development, Season III

Technically, you have the "have your cake and eat it too" situation once you gain immunity during the final immunity challange. THAT'S where it comes down to "would I have a better chance against him or her"? If you can win the challanges, THAT'S when you get to pick and choose.

This is definitely different dynamic. Everyone seems to be playing the "I gave my word and I won't go back on it" game. I think the only person left that did not give her word to anyone (including Gregg) is Jenn. She's not my favorite, but she let Gregg be her spokesperson throughout most of the game and everyone assumed she was on-board with the "pact" they made, but I don't recall her ever actually saying this to anyone.

Then again, I'm old and my memory goes in and out from time to time so I could be mistaken.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12