+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 17 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Jeff cashes in his markers tonight

FORT Regular

Jeff cashes in his markers tonight

Probst tonight seemed to cash in his markers. Each season seems to show Jeff making himself more and more involved in calling out people, setting aside happy PC facades the players present, and just getting more hard corps.

Tonight was different however. Probst didn't just comment on the game, he jumped right into the middle of it and changed the direction of things. Had he not done precisely what he did, Janu would have had a few more days of whining and puking while Stephanie would be on the jury.

He manipulated Janu into quitting. He might as well have used a water pistol and aimed it at her torch. He played to her ego to shake things up, in the only way she ever could, gave her a dignity to quitting. When Olsten quit, he rightfully slammed him, but tonight treated Janu as being noble in allowing Stephanie to remain.

You could tell by his questions that he simply didn't think it was fair to kick someone off the show that had competed so hard and allow someone utterly worthless to stay.

Now, this doesn't mean I think it's wrong. Frankly, it's a game and Probst has simply become more of another active factor in that outcome.

I don't want to see a Ref tackle a lineman, but on a Reality TV show, whose rules are subject to change, what the heck, it's interesting.

I Agree!

Granted, Im a huge Steph fan, in fact from all seasons, Ive never rooted for another woman in this way..Janu is utterly nuts and just DOESNT deserve to be it the game, I was shocked yet happy with ole Jeff tonight, he knows he has played a big part in Survivor's fan base and obviously used that strength tonight! GO JEFF GO STEFF!

I don't know. It could have easily gone the other way with Janu all of the sudden saying "I'm no quiter, I'm staying". Personally I'm glad it happened, I like Steph and I am hoping she goes all the way.
    I could go east, I could go west, it was all up to me to decide. Just then I saw a young hawk flyin' and my soul began to rise. ~Bob Seger

JP is partly to blame for Janu's "quitting", plain & simple. Janu (IMO) had no intentions of quitting when she went into that tribal council. But when the question was put to Tom about who he wanted to keep, Janu realised it wasn't her that was going. Jeff, i think was disgusted that Stephanie may be going so he went after Janu.

IMO Janu made one of the smartest moves of the game. She disliked her tribemates, didnt want to be there. Leaving the game gave Janu what she wanted. To leave, and to give Steph another chance of breaking Koror. SMART! (& part of "the game")

For those people who think that Janu shouldnt be on the Jury....What if she had won immunity & then given it to Steph at Tribal council? This is what I equate Janu's "quitting" to.

PWS
    FORT Fogey
    Also without her they'd have an uneven number of jurors and a possible tie at the final vote. Unless they brought BJ back.

I thought it was genius of him. Janu was nothing more than a breathing skeleton on a beach full of millionaire-hopefuls. I didn't think he was being noble in letting Janu allow Stephenie to stay. I would say he was more in disbelief. Steph laid it on the line. I'm glad there was some intervention.
    You got to cry without weeping. Talk without speaking. Scream without raising your voice.- U2

qtd. by bluesboi "For those people who think that Janu shouldnt be on the Jury....What if she had won immunity & then given it to Steph at Tribal council? This is what I equate Janu's "quitting" to."

I would agree with that statement if she actually won. Giving immunity away is a privilege to earn and Janu didn't earn that right. I'm still on the bench about how I feel about Probst's involvement with the vote. He defiantly lead Janu to the conclusion to quit. Ultimately it Janu who decided.
    Shhhh... :nono We're painting the roses red...

I am ,too, in the opinion that this time Jeff went a little too far in his manipulations. If he would have dropped the case, Steph would be out, and Janu would be still there one more week, maybe even more (as a disposable pawn when all else fails). I definately think Stephanie has Jeff to thank for her staying in the game. The point where Jeff crossed the line was when he said something like 'what makes you just quitting any different from you asking everyone to vote for you' to Janu. That gave Janu the idea to flat out quit instead of letting others decide. And hey, if Jeff hates quitters so much, as he has said in the past, why suggest something like that to a player? Just so that he could lay Janu's torch down as a punishment because Janu didn't appear to like (or care for) the holy game of Survivor anymore? Should he not have been rather encouraging Janu, and maybe said something positive about the fact that she seemed to be doing fine on the exile island?
    ps. This is just my opinion in the matter.

Too cold to run away! Burntcrow's Avatar
    I have to say that Jeff should not have done that. I always have felt that he steps over the line with his stupid questions, but the players stupidly answer them and give away all the strategy. Jeff should talk less, he is only the host.

Quote Originally Posted by Tirlittan
    I am ,too, in the opinion that this time Jeff went a little too far in his manipulations. If he would have dropped the case, Steph would be out, and Janu would be still there one more week, maybe even more (as a disposable pawn when all else fails). I definately think Stephanie has Jeff to thank for her staying in the game. The point where Jeff crossed the line was when he said something like 'what makes you just quitting any different from you asking everyone to vote for you' to Janu. That gave Janu the idea to flat out quit instead of letting others decide. And hey, if Jeff hates quitters so much, as he has said in the past, why suggest something like that to a player? Just so that he could lay Janu's torch down as a punishment because Janu didn't appear to like (or care for) the holy game of Survivor anymore? Should he not have been rather encouraging Janu, and maybe said something positive about the fact that she seemed to be doing fine on the exile island?
    I agree that Jeff went too far in his manipulations...... but I'm actually glad that he did.

I think he decided to push on after Stephanie's comment that it sucked that she was fighting for her life and yet she was getting voted off in favor of someone that was dying to leave.

Jeff has respect for people that work their butts off, and no respect for people that don't want to even try. I think, after Osten and then Jeff earlier this season, he was just so annoyed and amazed that people want to actually quit this opportunity... that he just wanted to ensure that it was done.

And I was happy to see the previews for next week. I just think Stephanie needs to focus her anger at Gregg, not Tom.
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 17 1234567891011 ... LastLast