+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Jeff cashes in his markers tonight

Quote Originally Posted by Quinito
    Has anybody mentioned the fact that Janu is sick??? She's been sick since Day 6 or so...which will explain her lying in the hammock all the time...for someone who's sick she did her best in some of the Immunity challenges she took part in.

Janu quit because she had a good reason to quit. Try being sick in the game of survivor and living with someone like Katie or even the feeling that your tribe is rejecting you. I'm sure some people will say its mind over matter...but not everybody has the same tolerance for pain or whatever. She was pretty much good as gone so why not save her tribemates the energy of walking to the booth and writing her name down?
    Janu was no more sick than anyone else. The fact that she weighs less than everyone and therefore less calories to live off of is meaningless. They all were tired and weak. It's not like she didn't have about 50 challenges against Ulong to opt out of.

She's a whiner and chose to be separate from the rest. She chose to use being 'sick' as an excuse. Plenty of people have puked from reward challenges in that past, so I really don't understand why they made a big deal out of it.
    And why did Jeff P had to lay her torch on the ground? When Jeff got voted off he didnt do that to his torch. Jeff asked his tribemates to vote him off...doesnt that sound like quitting? When Sue and Jenna quit he didnt do the same thing. No matter the reason quitting is quitting...there is no inbetween.
    No vote. She decided to quit. Jeff asked them to vote him out, but left it in their hands. There is a difference, albeit subtle.
    Everybody doesnt have the same "Breaking Point" and not everybody can be like Stephenie and be super competitive. And i dont get why people keep saying that shes just a waste of space...if she got pick for the game in the first place then she deserves to be there. What are you gonna do about it? Write to CBS and ask them to ask the contestant during the interview process if they are gonna quit towards the middle of the game?
    I agree. No one knows how they are going to react. I get the feeling that Janu wasn't happy with her situation and didn't do a damn thing to change it.

Personally, I think Jeff shouldn't have manipulated the tribal council like that, but I'm damn glad he did.
    If you go through a lot of hammers each month, I don't think it necessarily means you're a hard worker.
    It may just mean that you have a lot to learn about proper hammer maintenance.

Quote Originally Posted by TellTaleOrange
    I thought it was a question first. Not a statement. "What is the difference between asking your tribemates to vote you out and laying your torch down?" Is a question. and A fair question for Jeff to ask. Especially if another tribe member asks the very same question first.
    I think that's a good point right there. What Ian said was a statement, that if you want to leave, you can do that, we don't have to. Jeff, on the other hand, asked Janu the difference between quitting and being voted out, a legitamate question. The same could be said for previous seasons when Jeff asks players about people quitting, or asking the quitter what the difference is.

Fact is though, we have seen TC manipulated many times by Jeff. We've always thought "Oh, so and so is going to be voted out", but Jeff asks a certain question at TC, and brings out a flaw or weak point, and that person is gone that night. He called out Janu on her being on the Exile Island, and her worth around camp. Hell, when Jeff asked her "If you were this tribe voting, who would you vote for?", and she said herself, I mean, that's just ASKING for the "difference between quitting and voted out" question.

Even if Janu didn't quit, chances are we wouldn't get such a long TC, and wouldn't get as much drama, as expected. Janu did shoot herself in the foot several times during this TC, and probably would have gotten quite a few votes from some of the looks I saw. Steph was probably going to vote for Janu anyways, but I think Karen's opinion changed during TC, and I'm sure others probably changed after figuring out she's not really in this game anymore anyways.

The real thing this brought out is that Steph is very vunerable right now, and she knows she has a target on her back now, and probably made it a little bigger during TC saying that he's really in this to win. Who knows, though. No less, I have this feeling Janu would have been voted out had it gone to a vote.

FORT Regular
    In the last few seasons, JP has increasingly outed people's game strategies via his TC interrogations. I felt that last night he basically invited Janu to quit the game and she took him up on it. I've always felt that if someone quits the show on their own, that TC should still occur and two people should be going home.

I love Stephanie and I think she is probably one of the top 5 alltime players; however, she should be gone. For those who think that she deserves to win, I've said it before and I'll say it again, no one deserves a million dollars for playing a game, even one as grueling as Survivor!!

I thought it was a question first. Not a statement. "What is the difference between asking your tribemates to vote you out and laying your torch down?" Is a question. and A fair question for Jeff to ask. Especially if another tribe member asks the very same question first.

Whether Janu believes that being voted of and quiting is the same thing or not, is up for Janu to decide. Janu told Jeff that getting voted of and quitting were the same thing. This came from Janu's lips, not Jeffs. Janu could have answered that question any way she wanted but she chose to say they are the same thing.

And you cannot assume that Janu believed 100% that getting voted off and quitting was the same thing. MAYBE she figured out during this discussion that it wasn't the same thing. And at the risk of Stephanie getting voted off instead of her, took herself out of the game instead of leaving it up to her tribe to keep her there against her will another 3 days. Seriously how much can she trust her tribe this far in the game to do what she wants them to do?
    You are missing the point.

In terms of the game, what Janu thinks of that question (and the tone definately intended for her to answer "no difference" and then quit) has absolutely nothing to do with the tribal council.

Janu quitting changed the game from a sure Stephanie vote out. What Janu thought of quiting versus being voted out was not important. She wasn't being voted out.

Now if she had quit on her own, then fine, just part of the game. The host out and out encouraged her to quit though, and he did so knowing full well that Steph was dead otherwise.

I am happy for Steph, who really tries hard, but it was poor form to say the least. I am kind of surprised so many folks are willing to give it a pass.
    "George Oscar Bluth II, aka GOB, featured magician in the best selling videotape, "Girls With Low Self Esteem" invites you to enter his world.
    -- Arrested Development, Season III

Kao
    If anything, Ian is the master manipulator. Both Ian and Tom agreed that Steph had to go, but it was easy to tell that their hearts weren't in it, plus they didn't want to risk antagonizing Gregg so early. Ian saw a solution (telling Janu that she could just lay down her torch) that could keep Steph in the game further (while not unduly upsetting Gregg, which would have put an even bigger target on their backs) and voiced it. It was know to pretty much everyone that Janu did not want to be there any longer, and after throwing up at the dinner it was obvious to all that she was also sick. Jeff isn't a stupid man, he saw what Ian was trying to do and he ran with it. Nothing wrong with that.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill
    I am kind of surprised so many folks are willing to give it a pass.
    Probably because if Steph got voted off, most of us would've stopped watching.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill
    You are missing the point.

In terms of the game, what Janu thinks of that question (and the tone definately intended for her to answer "no difference" and then quit) has absolutely nothing to do with the tribal council.

Janu quitting changed the game from a sure Stephanie vote out. What Janu thought of quiting versus being voted out was not important. She wasn't being voted out.
    This is your opinion though. Whether the tribe intended to vote Janu out of the game or not is not as important in my opinion. She was at the tribal council the entire time. Janu was there to hear all of the other tribe mates express their feelings on how they would vote that evening. Do you really think that she believed the tribe was talking about her when they said they intended to vote out the biggest threat to them in the game? Stephanie even bluntly told Jeff that she knew she was going that night and how hard it was to leave that night knowing that there was someone in the tribe that did not want to play. You don't think that had any play in Janu's decision to quit? She was there to hear that as well. All this and Ian bringing up the fact that Janu could leave the game at any time instead of waiting to be voted off. So no matter how Jeff asked the question after everything Janu heard in the tribal council that night and after Coby getting voted off instead of her the previous tribal council. None of those factors had anything to do with Janu quitting instead of trusting her tribe enough to vote her out?

Nope. It's all Jeff's fault because he asked a question about the difference between quitting and being voted off in a way that implied it was one and the same.

I just don't believe that Jeff played as big of a roll to Janu quitting as you are implying.

Quote Originally Posted by Kao
    If anything, Ian is the master manipulator. Both Ian and Tom agreed that Steph had to go, but it was easy to tell that their hearts weren't in it, plus they didn't want to risk antagonizing Gregg so early. Ian saw a solution (telling Janu that she could just lay down her torch) that could keep Steph in the game further (while not unduly upsetting Gregg, which would have put an even bigger target on their backs) and voiced it. It was know to pretty much everyone that Janu did not want to be there any longer, and after throwing up at the dinner it was obvious to all that she was also sick. Jeff isn't a stupid man, he saw what Ian was trying to do and he ran with it. Nothing wrong with that.
    If this is true and Ian found a way to keep Steph around longer without damaging the alliance with Gregg. WOW! I have a new favorite. Because that was some manipulation.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp
    My whole problem is I do feel Jeff intervened and changed the outcome. I say big deal if Steph wanted to stay and play the game. So did Bobby Jon. So did Angie. So did Kim, as useless as she may have been to her tribe. So have just about every other Survivor player out there that's been voted off. But it doesn't give him the right to ask Janu why doesn't she just quit? It's like he made up her mind for her, but thankfully I don't think it will change the entire outcome of the game as it may have in other seasons.

JR.
    I just don't believe that Jeff played as big of a roll to Janu quitting as you are implying.
    Then why did she wait until after he asked that question? She had plenty of time to quit, but didn't. She thought, or expected, or hoped she was going last time, when Coby went. She had about 3 days to make a decision, and waited until the last minute? I don't think so.

+ Reply to Thread