+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121314151617 LastLast

Thread: Jeff cashes in his markers tonight

Quote Originally Posted by Novalia
    aside from that it isn't uncommon for him to date the occasional survivor contestant.. what better way to get some action than to be the hero.. steph's a pretty awsome catch if he landed her =)
    You mean he's not still going out with Julie from last season? Good, I didn't like her.

Someone said "Jeff hates quitters," but that is what made his actions this time surprising. He did not seem to be mad at Janu or show any scorn over the fact she quit, which is a first for him. The producers really must have had a lot invested in getting Steph to stay to change Jeff's basic response. (Btw, how do you suppose she spells her name, because on the opening credits it says Stephenie, but here I keep reading Stephanie.)

Quote Originally Posted by dawg
    Your tag line says " I hope the girls like me better as a bonde" ... no l
    Ack!

Quote Originally Posted by Harvest
    Someone said "Jeff hates quitters," but that is what made his actions this time surprising. He did not seem to be mad at Janu or show any scorn over the fact she quit, which is a first for him.
    I think the fact that she was dying probably softened his demeanor somewhat.

Quote Originally Posted by Harvest
    You mean he's not still going out with Julie from last season? Good, I didn't like her.

Someone said "Jeff hates quitters," but that is what made his actions this time surprising. He did not seem to be mad at Janu or show any scorn over the fact she quit, which is a first for him. The producers really must have had a lot invested in getting Steph to stay to change Jeff's basic response. (Btw, how do you suppose she spells her name, because on the opening credits it says Stephenie, but here I keep reading Stephanie.)
    It's spelled Stephenie!
    Get Fantasia's self titled CD, in stores now!!!

Snoozin' on the beach
    Quote Originally Posted by dawg
    I haven't watched Insider or Live yet, and someone posted an article earlier on this thread that suggested she wanted to be on the jury and wanted to quit. But this thread goes beyond Janu ... hell, (oooops, sorry, I mean heck ) I've been pushing for weeks for Janu to be out of the game ... this is about Jeffs role. In reading what some people say - and I agree with - he crossed the fine line of asking tough questions to the point where he was influencing the game to go in the direction that TPTB (thanks Leo) want it to go. The game can become more about JP than it does about the contestants when he starts controlling TC rather than directing TC.
    I've read the transcript of it (I think it was the entire transcript anyway). I still think she was sitting on the fence and could have fallen off either way but JP helped it along to the conclusion he wanted. It's funny to me that JP and MB, two people who hate contestants that quit...if anything, I'd expect JP to nudge her to decide to stick it out rather than quit. But of course Steph is a ratings gold mine and audience favorite, it would not be to their benefit to see her go. The thing that bothers me about the whole situation is if JP DIDN'T have anything to gain from it, I'd probably be ok with it. Because he owns a piece of the Survivor franchaise, it sure seems he tainted the whole thing with his conflict of interest

Quote Originally Posted by Danger Bunny
    Ack!
    Yer welcome.
    Everyone has a photographic memory. Some just don't have film.- Steven Wright

Quote Originally Posted by Shady64
    I've read the transcript of it (I think it was the entire transcript anyway). I still think she was sitting on the fence and could have fallen off either way but JP helped it along to the conclusion he wanted. It's funny to me that JP and MB, two people who hate contestants that quit...if anything, I'd expect JP to nudge her to decide to stick it out rather than quit. But of course Steph is a ratings gold mine and audience favorite, it would not be to their benefit to see her go. The thing that bothers me about the whole situation is if JP DIDN'T have anything to gain from it, I'd probably be ok with it. Because he owns a piece of the Survivor franchaise, it sure seems he tainted the whole thing with his conflict of interest
    I jokingly said on another thread that I hope we don't have another Poopert ... but it appears we do. I'll be like Janu after a Palauan feast ... ... if they have another "Americas Survivor", just so she can be a millionaire. :rolleyes
    Everyone has a photographic memory. Some just don't have film.- Steven Wright

Quote Originally Posted by Shady64
    But Shady.... when these things are being filmed they have absolutely no idea who is going to be a fan favorite and who is not. The viewing audience could just as easily have wanted to see a complete Pagonging of Ulong (or Ulonging, if you will) and therefore wanted Stephenie gone.
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

This might be old news...

On our radio station this morning, there was a report on last weeks Tribal Council.

Janu is saying that Tribal Council lasted for hours, and that she did not want to quit, because she thought it would forfeit her place on the Jury. JP stopped Tribal Council, and after hours of negotiations, it was decided that Janu could stay on the jury if she were to quit.

Makes sense seeing as JP did mention that she would be on the Jury when he snuffed her torch.

With all this talk about Jeff manipulating things at TC - seems to me we are overlooking IAN's role - didn't HE say (before Jeff started in) something to the effect that "I see no difference in what Janu is saying ((re: asking to be voted off))) and laying down your torch" I think that was the jumping off point, and Steph should be grateful to Ian for opening up that can of worms.
    Love many, trust a few, and always paddle your own canoe

+ Reply to Thread