+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Alternate Reality Survivor

Alternate Reality Survivor

I've been reading the discussion about where Ulong went wrong and I went back to the beginning and looked at the pick'em game and laid the initial mistake on Jeff's shoulders. When I was figuring that out I noticed the Tom/Ian/Stephanie/Katie alliance was visible in the initial Koror picks when Ian picked Katie and Katie picked Tom who would have picked Steph except she was already on Ulong. It got me thinking, what would have happened if Ian had picked Steph first. As I'm a big fan of the butterfly effect and since I have a bunch of time on my hands I decided to sit down and figure out what would have happened if that one little change was made

What if, Ian had picked Stephenie?

The Show That Wasn't.
    • (U) Jolanda picks Bobby Jon.
    • (K) Stephanie picks Tom.
    • (U) Bobby Jon picks Jennifer, with Stephenie already picked for Koror I don't see him picking Katie, Janu, Caryn, Angie or Wanda. His choice would be between Jennifer, Kim and Ashley. I don't really have a strong basis for this choice (I should have kept copies of the show -- damn my limited HD space) but I had to make a choice.
    • (K) Tom completes the Tom/Ian/Katie/Stephenie alliance by selecting Katie.
    • (U) Jennifer picked Coby in the real game but in this version her snuggle bunny is still on the loose so she picks him (Gregg).
    • (K) Katie picks Jeff from the remaining guys based on his looks and physical prowess for the challenges.
    • (U) Gregg picks Ashlee for her store bought talents.
    • (K) Jeff picks the same person he picked in reality, Kim.
    • (U) Ashley follows reality as well and picks Ibrehem.
    • (K) Kim also repeats reality and picks James
    • (U) Ibrehem picks Janu over Caryn, Angie and Wanda.
    • (K) James picks Caryn.
    • (U) Janu picks Jonathan, I just don't see her picking Coby or Willard.
    • (K) Caryn picks Coby leaving Willard the odd man out.
    • (U) Jonathan picks Angie sending Wanda home with Willard.

So the two tribes are:
    • Ulong: Jolanda, Bobby Jon, Jennifer, Gregg, Ashlee, Ibrehem, Janu, Jonathan and Angie

Week 1
    Reward/Immunity Challenge: Obstacle course
    The outcome of the obstacle course is unchanged, Jolanda's desire to get everything still slows Ulong down and the inclusion of Gregg and Jennifer doesn't improve their rowing enough to overcome Koror's lead.

Tribal Council
    At Tribal Council Ulong still votes out Jolanda for being pushy.

Week 2
    Reward Challenge: Balance beam and Swinging sand bags
    Without Willard, Koror sits out Katie and without Katie tying up the swing the challenge is much closer but Ulong still pulls out the win thanks to Angie's unexpected prowess.

Immunity Challenge: Underwater rope pull and Morse decoding
    Without Willard there to help Koror cheat, Ulong is able to leverage the strength of Bobby Jon, Gregg and Jonathan to pull ahead of Koror enough to complete decoding the message first.

Tribal Council
    Koror heads to tribal council and the TIKS alliance pulls in support from Jeff and Kim and votes out James.

Week 3
    Reward Challenge: Donut Dunking
    Angie drowns enough Kororites to win reward for Ulong.

Immunity Challenge: Sack Race
    Jeff's twisted ankle takes him out of the game early but even with Bobby Jon, Gregg and Jonathan Ulong can't outlast the Tom, Ian, Steph juggernaut.

Tribal Council
    Ulong heads to Tribal council and votes out a whimpering Janu.

Week 4
    Reward Challenge: Crapper Construction
    Without James' construction knowledge Ulong's Outhouse is even worse than in reality. Koror wins reward and the Club Med accommodations.

Immunity Challenge: Sumo Slam
    Koror sits out Katie and we get the following match ups (winner listed first).
    • Steph vs. Jennifer (K:2, U:0)
    • Ian vs. Ibrehem (K:3, U:0)
    • Ashlee vs. Kim (K:3, U:1)
    • Gregg vs. Jeff (K:3, U:2)
    • Angie vs. Caryn (K:3, U:3)
    • Jonathan vs. Coby (K:3, U:4)
    • Tom vs. Bobby Jon (K:4, U:4)
    • Steph vs. Jennifer (K:5, U:4)
    • Ibrehem vs. Ian (K:5, U:5)
    • Ashlee vs. Kim (K:5, U:6)
    Ulong Wins.

Tribal Council
    The TIKS alliance still holds and Jeff doesn't realize the mistake he made supporting it last time and casts his two votes with them to oust the injured Jeff.

Week 5
    Reward Challenge: Sake Diving
    Ibrehem fails to bring up a bottle on his first two dives and puts Ulong so far behind that they fail to catch up. Koror goes to tribal council first.

Tribal Council
    Koror votes out a very grateful Kim then chows down while Ulong airs their dirty laundry with Jeff P.
    Koror votes to give Ibrehem immunity. Ulong votes out Ashlee.

Week 6
    Reward Challenge: Target Practice
    Stephenie owns the target range and leads Koror to victory.

Immunity Challenge: Secure-a-box
    Without James' magic knot and sarong tying Ulong squeaks to a photo finish.

Tribal Council
    The TIKS alliance wavers as Coby tries to paint a target on Tom's back but his plan backfires and he is voted out.

Week 7
    Reward Challenge: S.O.S.
    Bobby Jon and crew build their S.O.S. too close to the tree line while Tom and Ian lead Koror to a win.

Immunity Challenge: Water Puzzle
    Ibrehem sits out while Angie leads Ulong to victory.

Tribal Council
    The TIKS alliance breaks down as the women get together and vote out their biggest threat, Tom.

Week 8
    Reward Challenge: Fear Factor Feast
    Katie and Caryn prove to be picky eaters and lead Koror to another loss.

Immunity Challenge: Word Scramble
    Ulong sits out Jonathan and Gregg which is almost their undoing until Angie saves the day with her come from behind puzzle solving.

Tribal Council
    Koror returns to tribal council again and the women eliminate the last man in their tribe, Ian.

My, my, my. What a difference one little change and an over-active imagination can bring.

Very interesting "alternate reality." Seems to me you are a big Angie fan; she would have totally kicked more ass had she stayed in the game.

I don't think Jeff would have sprained his ankle, considering he would be on the Koror beach. Just being picky...

Wow, DangerBunny, just Wow! And co-workers think I'm crazy about Survivor.
    Thanks for the interesting posts!

FORT Fogey
    I thought about what would've happened if Jenn would've gotten the necklace first, actually since Jolanda beat her by seconds. It would've altered the game dramatically.

I like your analysis, though. Looks like Ian did the right thing choosing Katie though according to it, otherwise he'd be gone

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp
    Quote Originally Posted by Lil_Cutie
    I thought about what would've happened if Jenn would've gotten the necklace first, actually since Jolanda beat her by seconds. It would've altered the game dramatically.

I like your analysis, though. Looks like Ian did the right thing choosing Katie though according to it, otherwise he'd be gone
    I'm still kind of surprised that Ian picked Katie. It would have been interesting if Jenn had beaten Jolanda and been one of the ones picking the tribes (and maybe Jolanda would still be here in the long run). I'll always be curious, too, as to what would have happened had Coby picked Angie over Caryn, whether she or Wanda would have ended up on Ulong, and if Jonathan had been picked over Ib would he have helped Ulong in anyway.

FORT Fan
    WOW!! Good job!! LOL!

Oh well, you can't cry over spilt mile right? Anyway I would rather Ian stay.

~FO SCHIZZLE ALL THE WAY~ SwiffyPortillo's Avatar
    I would have enjoyed this season even more if this was the way the season had originally started off. I still wonder why Ian picked Katie first though aside from the alliance. I'd have picked Stephenie.
    "Greg talks into a coconut and thinks it's a phone,"- Colleen Haskell, 'SURVIVOR: BORNEO'.

Quote Originally Posted by jimothy21
    Very interesting "alternate reality." Seems to me you are a big Angie fan; she would have totally kicked more ass had she stayed in the game.
    Angie's physical prowess was a big surprise to most people and I think her mental abilities would have been as well. I think she would have done really well in the puzzle challenges if she had made it that far. I also think Koror would have booted her the first chance they got if they had merged.

Quote Originally Posted by jimothy21
    I don't think Jeff would have sprained his ankle, considering he would be on the Koror beach. Just being picky...
    When I was doing this I tried to keep as much of what happened in the real game in the alternate reality version. True if Jeff had been on Koror he wouldn't have sprained his ankle, but he may have been bitten by the snake or a shark, who knows. He got hurt in the real show so he gets hurt in my make believe show, it's my make believe show, it's my rules.

I knew I should have slept on it and checked it over in the morning before posting it...

A couple of corrections. I got the name mixed up in the third immunity challenge, they would have voted Ashlee out (she was the first crybaby to want to go home). After that just replace further mentions of Ashlee with Janu including getting voted out in the fifth immunity challenge.

The rational for voting Jeff out in the fourth immunity challenge doesn't make sense. It was originally someone else but then I remembered Jeff's bum ankle but I didn't fix it right.

Tribal Council
    The TIKS alliance still holds and Jeff doesn't realize the mistake he made supporting it last time and casts his two votes with them to oust the injured Jeff.
    Should be something more like, "Jeff wusses out because of his ankle and asks to be voted off by his tribe mates, who grant him his wish".

wow, you have too much time on your hands. LOL...
    but it is fairly interesting

+ Reply to Thread