+ Reply to Thread
Page 26 of 33 FirstFirst ... 161718192021222324252627282930313233 LastLast

Thread: 4/7/05 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

FORT Newbie
    Oh man Steph winning it all would really suck, we can't have that happening. :nono

And your bird can sing! Strangelove's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Shady64
    We're not talking a 500 piece puzzle, or even a 50 piece puzzle. It was 16 piece, each about 9 inches or so big. Nothing complicated about the shapes. Bj is not the brightest bulb as we could tell from the water puzzle challenge. That was a heck of alot harder than this one. Finding the words would be more of a challenge than getting the pieces together. At one point BJ looked like he was trying to bang them into place, even though they didn't fit. It looked like he kept putting the same piece back in the same spot on far right side 2 or 3 times. Easy puzzle, dumb tribal team.
    I don't think we know enough about these people to pronounce their stupidity. Stephenie seems as sharp as they come, and Bobby Jon seems smart, just not very knowledgeble. BJ is probably much smarter than what his communication skills have let on anyway.

It's really easy to criticize people like this, but maybe it wouldn't hurt to be a bit more empathetic. I'd rather not bust out any of my cheesy math camp stories, but it is really hard to solve a puzzle in poor conditions. There's just a lot more in solving a puzzle than people think, because we're all used to doing it in the comfort of our own home, without a great deal of pressure. I just don't think it's fair to expect Ulong to win in a mental challenge considering how mentally beaten they are. In fact, I'd say BJ and Steph would be just as any Kororian if they lived in freaking Shangri-La.

Also... What's with all this balut egg hate going around? I'd totally be salivating at the thought of digging my fangs into one of those half-formed chicks if I were starving. Am I the only person in North America that pays money to eat these things?

PS: Sorry if I'm a bit confusing. It's late, and I have a litre of coffee in my system.

EDIT: Watching the useless Kororians (half the team) coast through the game peeves the hell out of me. "And did we tell you the name of the game, boy? We call it Riding the Gravy Train."
    Last edited by Strangelove; 04-08-2005 at 02:23 AM.

I guess I don't think Survivor is about fair and it's sure not about male v. male and female v. female. You play the tribe you are dealt. Heck, in S9 the all female tribe had a huge advantage which disappeared when they factionalized. Plus, it's not like the women get a handicap in the individual immunity challenges. As a woman, I'd be offended if they did. Kelly managed to win a whole string of immunity challenges on her own in S1 without help. Where Ulong lost the reward challenge was when Bobby Jon made a strategic mistake and tried to stuff all five beluts in his mouth at once. Stephenie acutally gave them an advantage in the fetching the puzzle piece part of the immunity challenge. An exhausted Bobby Jon lost the advantage to a determined Coby and then Steph and Bobby Jon choked on the puzzle piece part of the challenge.

FORT Fogey
    Yeah, I see your point, Mariner. I was just so frustrated at Ulong losing again and watching the Koror women laze around, while Stephanie was working hard in those challenges.

Quote Originally Posted by mountaingirl70
    Yeah, I see your point, Mariner. I was just so frustrated at Ulong losing again and watching the Koror women laze around, while Stephanie was working hard in those challenges.
    I certainly understand your frustration. Get ready to be even more frustrated. I wouldn't be at all surprised if the alpha males get so busy concentrating on each other that the Koror women sip coconut juice to the end while laughing. Notice we saw practically nothing of Caryn and Janu tonight.

FORT Fogey
    Urgggghh! I sincerely hope you are wrong, Mariner! Although we haven't seen a lot of Koror's machinations....especially with the women...I hope some good people prevail. Of course, as is tradition now, I am often hugely disappointed with the ultimate survivor. My personal favorites are always voted out near the end.

I wouldn't have said this before tonight, but I wouldn't be surprised if Coby is the next Kororian to go. His story arc has heated up the last two weeks. Assuming that Steph joins Koror so we are on to individual immunity, things should get really interesting. I'd be most happy with Tom, Ian, or Steph winning. That probably means Katie will pull out the the victory.

Art
    Quote Originally Posted by doctorpep
    Random thoughts:

Is Steph now Team Ulonely?
    LOL. Aww. This is just so sad. I've been rooting for Ulong the whole time and week after week they just keep losing and losing. Its really insane to believe. I would really love for Steph to cruise along and take the whole thing and win. I think she's probably my favorite Survivor EVER. She's just the most kick ass girl to ever be on Survivor. She's just amazing. And stronger than most guys actually. I'd love to see her win. Poor Ulong.

This has probably been one of the most, or even the most enjoyable first half of a season I've enjoyed. And now that Ulong is desimated and Bobby Jon and possibly Steph are gone, I'm losing hope for the rest of the season. But Palau has been one of the best seasons ever for me thus far.

Quote Originally Posted by mountaingirl70
    Urgggghh! I sincerely hope you are wrong, Mariner! Although we haven't seen a lot of Koror's machinations....especially with the women...I hope some good people prevail. Of course, as is tradition now, I am often hugely disappointed with the ultimate survivor. My personal favorites are always voted out near the end.
    This is so true! People I liked always get voted off near the end. Even if they are not the good people. Sad to see BJ gone. I really liked him. Well, beside the fact that I think he is cute, he is just plain Tarzan. How hardworking can he be?! It is just a waste that he is in Ulong. Please bring him back for All-Stars or something. But it is also good that Steph is in. She is incredibly strong for a girl and deserves to stay longer.

Well, somebody asked whether BJ graduated from college. He did. I think the stress just got to him, that's why he couldn't function well. And Coby is just amazing at puzzles. The jigsaw thing last week was very inspiring. Survivor is only gonna be shown tonight here so I am not sure how he did this week though.

Well, hope that Ian and Coby can survive through, along with Steph. Tom is just too strong and eye-catching, he has a big red target on his back.
    ~~ Failure is all but a detour to success~~

I couldn't help snickering when BJ made the comment that "I can kick ass along with anybody". Um, no, you can't hon, you got beat at every single challenge on this show, not the least of which was when you finally got sent home after getting beat by a girl! (which wouldn't be such a big deal if BJ hadn't been so surprised that Steph "can do anything a man can do" )
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

+ Reply to Thread