+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Boot Picks ***SPOILERS*** 4/07

From the corner of my eye Jewelsy's Avatar
    Dayum. I really liked Bobby John.
    "Among the blind, the squinter rules." ~ Gerard Didier Erasmus

I sincerely hope that this spoiler is true: as sad as it is that one tribe is completely wiped out, it also makes this season of Survivor memorable. Other than Koror dominating there has not been anything outstanding/outrageous happening (this season has a few nice characters, but none as memorable as Rupert, Amazon Rob, or the likes).
    ps. This is just my opinion in the matter.

SNN confirms Bobby Jon
    "George Oscar Bluth II, aka GOB, featured magician in the best selling videotape, "Girls With Low Self Esteem" invites you to enter his world.
    -- Arrested Development, Season III

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp
    Quote Originally Posted by Tirlittan
    I sincerely hope that this spoiler is true: as sad as it is that one tribe is completely wiped out, it also makes this season of Survivor memorable. Other than Koror dominating there has not been anything outstanding/outrageous happening (this season has a few nice characters, but none as memorable as Rupert, Amazon Rob, or the likes).
    I was talking to a friend of mine about this season, and she said that the one thing people will remember is what happened to Ulong; not who won, or who was in second, who gave the Sue Hawk speech at the final TC, but the tribe who's going down in history as never winning an IC. I'll be curious what MB will do in future editions of the show to prevent this from happening. When Jeff said pre-show that the tribes would find out real quick that ousting their strongest member's would cause them to come to TC, I guess he was foreshadowing what happened to Ulong. And I'll never understand why Ulong couldn't win one stinking IC. They were stronger, and while I don't think they got along as well as Koror, their tribal dynamics weren't as bad as those in the past. I think it'll be interesting once it gets down to Koror and they have to strategize (unless Tom's alliance dominates for the whole game).

About Bobby Jon's boot- . He doesn't deserve to go (it should be Steph). Poor guy.
    Last edited by karalott; 04-07-2005 at 04:05 PM.

I love the Ulong tribe and at least they'll be remembered for one thing in Survivor history.

I would love it more if they didn't have a merge and Stephenie had to compete on her own for Immunity or get sent home by default.

I doubt that will happen, but it would be something if she could win a couple of immunities and send Koror to TC all by her lonesome

Snoozin' on the beach
    The winner or RC and IC every week could be copy/pasted from the first episode lol Is it really any surprise to anyone that Koror wins both? jeez, Ulong has long since past the humiliated and mortified point. Whatever is about 2 steps lower than that, that is where they are. Just hit the rewind button from Ep. 1-8 so we can here Steph once again saying how she hates to lose and is completely embarrassed. Honey, you past that point long ago and you brought it on yourself

I'm loving how Koror doesn't even have to put in much effort to beat them anymore

Quote Originally Posted by Mariner
    Uneffing believable. Ulong goes down completely. The poor things.

In case anyone wants more details about what supposedly happens:

Click to see Spoiler:
    The Reward Challenge is gross eating. Some speculation is that it's fruit bats which are a Palauian delicacy. I've also seen some speculation that Ulong actually wins this, but the boot picks make me doubt it. Because it is just Bobby Jon and Stephenie, there is no tribal council. Instead, the two of them face off in a fire starting challenge and Steph wins. She then gets to spend a night by herself in the cave before joining up with Koror.

Click to see Spoiler:
    I just saw a trailer for the show and the reward challenge was gross eating, with the winners getting a basket of toiletries, toothpaste etc. They were esting those eggs with partially formed ducklings in them **shudder**
    That's all they showed, so I'm not sure if that's all they'll be eating or if they have different things to eat in different rounds.
    Tom is one of the people taking part for Koror. He squared off against Stephenie in the first round by the looks of it.
    The fire building challenge would at least be preferrable to purple rocking it imo.

Awwwwwwwwww! I liked BJ..

PAAAAAAAAAAAAGONG!
    They serenaded the newest champs in this city of champs, and taunted Kobe Bryant and his Lakers, who drowned in a green-and-white wave for 48 minutes.

a jumble of useless facts gracie's Avatar
    I agree with you Fluff, although I had heard early talk this week about Ulong winning the rc and losing ic. If this is the way things really shape up, I feel sorry for Koror when they have to get really serious about the game. Most of that tribe has been rolling along and reaping the benefits of Ulong's self-destruction.
    There is no reason for any individual to have a computer in his home. -Ken Olsen

Quote Originally Posted by fluff
    Click to see Spoiler:
    I just saw a trailer for the show and the reward challenge was gross eating, with the winners getting a basket of toiletries, toothpaste etc. They were esting those eggs with partially formed ducklings in them **shudder**
    That's all they showed, so I'm not sure if that's all they'll be eating or if they have different things to eat in different rounds.
    Tom is one of the people taking part for Koror. He squared off against Stephenie in the first round by the looks of it.
    The fire building challenge would at least be preferrable to purple rocking it imo.
    Click to see Spoiler:
    I agree fluff. I hate the purple rock. I'd prefer anything to that. I liked the quiz they did in Africa between Carl and Lindsay much better than the rock. I think it is Tom and Ian in the reward challenge and Gregg and Coby do the immunity challenge.
    Last edited by Mariner; 04-07-2005 at 06:35 PM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast