+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Show discussion 3/31

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Show discussion 3/31

I'm out of the country, but I assume there WAS a show even if there was no FORT access to discuss it...so to encourage you all to fill me in thought I'd start a thread for last night. Hope that's ok with the mods. If not, please delete.
    Last edited by PWS; 04-01-2005 at 09:17 AM.

There was a show last night, but the date was 3/31, not 3/28. Just to clear up any confusion. Maybe one of the mods can change the thread title.
    Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.
    - Albert Einstein

would rather be cruising! marybethp's Avatar
    Reward challenge was to build an "SOS" so that a plane would see it and you would get a box of food and supplies dropped down from the plane. They said to be creative. Ulong chose to spell out "Ulong" in bamboo and lumber and burn it. It was very distinct from the air, but set back a ways and hard to see (as stated by the judge, some dropping from the sky expert). Koror could only use 3 members (Gregg, Caryn and Katie) and they spelled "Got Food?" in brush and bamboo and had 2 piles of brush at either end to be lit on fire. It was driving Tom nuts that he couldn't help. They never got a good fire going, but dropping-expert-judge-guy felt that Koror's was better, so they got a box of wine (3 bottles), MRE's (army "meals ready to eat") and some fishing line. Ulong was pissed.

At Koror, Ian caught a HUGE clam and they each were able to eat pound of meat. However, in true one-upmanship, Tom caught a shark and machete'd it in half. More meat - more protein. Ulong caught a tiny fish that they nibbled meat off of and one clam, They were happy about what they ate until they got to the immunity challenge and realized Koror's been an eating machine.

Immunity challenge was a puzzle where you move the little blocks all over to form a puzzle. Except this one was life size and there was one caller and 2 swimmers moving the pieces around in the water to form the puzzle. Ulong had Bobby Jon as the caller. Koror had Coby as the caller and Janu and Jenn (? I forget!) swimming to form. BJ was horrible, not being able to direct Steph and Ib too well. After 30 minutes, BJ and Steph switched and she called. She did better, but not good enough and Koror won.

Steph was afraid she was going to get voted off because Ib and BJ were from the same state and had a lot of similarities. In the end, Ib got voted off. Steph was a bit surprised, but not as surprised as Ib.

That's about all I can remember.

PWS
    FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by oneTVslave
    There was a show last night, but the date was 3/31, not 3/28. Just to clear up any confusion. Maybe one of the mods can change the thread title.
    Major OOPS! And I'd even gotten up and gone over to the calendar to check the date! Not realizing that my sig other had changed the calendar to April already! Luckily my 15 min. weren't up, so could still change it. Thanks!

And thanks also to Marybethp for the excellent summary--that should hold me until the official one! But anyone else who wants to add on, please do...

I am just amazed that Ulong could lose immunity again, with Janu as one of the 3 Koror workers, unless all that protein gave her her strength back?

How did they resolve the "no back to back" sit outs thing?
    Last edited by PWS; 04-01-2005 at 09:23 AM.

And to think we almost missed getting to post "Damn at the clams!". Seriously, that had to be the King of all clams that Ian hauled in. To me it was at least as impressive as Tom's baby shark, in its own special way of course.
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

would rather be cruising! marybethp's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by PWS
    I am just amazed that Ulong could lose immunity again, with Janu as one of the 3 Koror workers, unless all that protein gave her her strength back?
    Janu looked beat. Even Jeff made a comment to her that she looked like she was wiped out. It didn't look that hard to me, but the challenge did go on for over an hour. I find Janu very weak, almost useless. If she was on Ulong, she would have been voted out a long time ago.

Quote Originally Posted by PWS
    How did they resolve the "no back to back" sit outs thing?
    Since there were 3 players on Ulong, they had to play 3 players for reward (Greg/Katie/Caryn) and 3 players for Immunity (Coby/Janu/Jenn). Couldn't be the same 3 participating, but could sit out both. (correct me if I'm wrong?)

They didn't do anything about the back to back thing. Tom, of all people, sat out both challenges.

It was so hard to watch Ulong lose again, they were crushed. I've been thinking about the two tribes and their strengths and weaknesses and trying to figure out how it is possible that Ulong keeps losing, when for the most part, they have been playing their little hearts out. People like Steph, Angie, and Bobby Jon especially competed in every challenge as if their life depended on it. They have been so close many times and just lost by a hair. What gives Koror the edge every time? Is it more food? Is it that the team morale keeps being boosted by their wins while Ulong is beaten down?

Or is it the fact that Ulong voted out their leader on the first night, leaving them with no one willing to step up and rally the troops? I keep thinking about this. Even though some of Koror is starting to want to turn against Tom and Ian, I think the tribe has benefited by having strong, likable leaders to get them off on the right foot, at least in the beginning. I wonder how things would have been different if Jolanda had stayed for at least a few weeks.

And PWS, hang tight - this week's recap will be brought to you by the lovely and talented Shazzer.
    Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.
    - Albert Einstein

Has this sort of "whittling down" of one of the tribes ever been done before? You have to wonder who will be voted off the week AFTER next...

Jeff: Well, Bobby Jon, it's just you and me... who are you going to vote for...

BJ: Way-yull, I wuz gonna vote fer you, Jeff....

Jeff: Sorry, Bobby Jon, I'm the reason Survivor has lasted ten seasons. Well, my dimples are anyway... you can't vote for me or my dimples... SO! Looks like you're up, Bobby Jon... Hurry up and vote so I can tally it.... that's my favorite part...

PWS
    FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by oneTVslave

And PWS, hang tight - this week's recap will be brought to you by the lovely and talented Shazzer.
    I'm counting on it! But couldn't stand to wait even another day.

FORT Newbie
    Yes...as much as I like Koror ever since day 1, I was feeling quite sympathetic for the Ulong tribe because in every challenge it almost always seem like they put in their ultimate best. I guess the reason why they keep losing is from as far as the show's 1st few challenges. They have a pre-conceived notion that their tribe is better physically, and were overconfident. Thus, the blow in the confidence when they lost in the 1st few challenges has never left them and there is still some part in them that can't get over that shock. So from then on, they do not have the will to go on, and i realised that their challenge might start well at 1st but as soon as Koror starts leading, Ulong loses hope easily and feel like they cannot do much to gain back their lead. BJ was quite pathetic in the challenge today but I still like him alot. Hope he won't be the next to go, though. Would rather see him last longer than Stephanie, even though I got to admit that sometimes BJ does not seem to know how to 'play' the game. The fishing comparing part was also very saddening for Ulong. Ulong seems to be really satisfied at even the smallest things like a little fish that BJ caught, while Koror has ALOT more, with a shark and a huge clam.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast