Thread: Show discussion 3/31

Quote Originally Posted by Sunnyone
    Quick question and off topic-
    how do you draw a line through words?
    What ever do you mean?

You use the 'S' tags.
    At the end of the text you want the strikeout through put [/S]
    At the beginning of the text you want the strikeout through put [S]

Or is it the fact that Ulong voted out their leader on the first night, leaving them with no one willing to step up and rally the troops? I keep thinking about this. Even though some of Koror is starting to want to turn against Tom and Ian, I think the tribe has benefited by having strong, likable leaders to get them off on the right foot, at least in the beginning. I wonder how things would have been different if Jolanda had stayed for at least a few weeks.
    i really think ulong was the stronger physically of the two tribes, the problem is lack of leadership, brains, and respect

when someone tries to step up as a leader, they complain, they complained about jolanda and james.....they have lost challenges due to NOT thinking, and they just dont seem to respect each other at all...i cant really think of anyone who was liked by all, maybe bobby jon...they cant make decisions at all

Embracing the Inner Geek museumguy's Avatar
    Jeff could keep a straight face through a tickle fight....

Thanks for teaching me how to criss cross through words

Snoozin' on the beach
    I'm in the minority I guess, I don't feel bad for Ulong constantly losing. They came into the game with the attitude "younger and stronger" thinking Koror was no match for them, arrogance and underestimation that continued through the game. They voted off their leader right off the bat. They don't work together as a team and they never learn from their mistakes. Deep thinkers they are not. How stupid are they not to figure out what needs to be changed when even the weakest people on Koror beats them? Bobby John seems to be the only one to acknowledge he was part of the reason they lost. All the others pointed fingers every single time they lost and refused to admit they each played a part in losing by not being a team. They lost collectively, not because of one individual (for most challenges).

I'm neutral about Bobby John. He'll be the first to go come Individual immunity. Steph? Can't stand her, going back to episode 1. How many times do we have to hear "I hate to lose" from her mouth with that "cat that ate a sour mouse" look on her face? She'll do ok once its Individual immunity as long as itís an all-physical challenge and requires no brains, but I don't see her making it past F5 or even F7.

I'm impressed with how well Koror has done as a team, better than any survivor team ever They've dominated since the get go. Itís not just Tom either, though he has a big part in it. The weaker ones have come through in challenges also. It says alot about how they work together. For challenges they seem to pick people that compliment each otherís weaknesses.

Quote Originally Posted by Covaleskie
    schadenfreude?

Okay, Mr. William, you got me curious enough to break out the old German-English dictionary.

schade + freude = pity + joy

I assume from the meanings of the root words, and the context that schadenfreude means something like taking joy out of feeling pity/shame for someone. Let me know if a win a special decoding prize!
    Like the unavoidable urge to watch as you pass a traffic accident.
    Late to the Posting Party, but here all along.

Quote Originally Posted by Neo-Gilgamesh
    ...That's sort of pathetic, but I'm still finding Ulong's losing streak to be amazingly entertaining.

I'll admit I feel a little guilty about it, but I'm finding it interesting to see just how badly one team can lose. I'm enjoying the sheer novelty of one team getting down to 2 people without a mixup, merge or other salvation.

There have been times in the past when one team dominated, got along, had the nice camp, etc...and the other team self destructed by doing the opposite. And JUST before the bad team would wipe itself out by continuing to make bad choices... TPTB would do a mix up and stave off the decline. For once (and I've been watching since Season 1 Episode 1), it's nice to see them actually SEE who can Outwit, Outplay and Outlast.

The blowout even creates new threads on FORT. We've never had the chance to discuss how a team can avoid people sitting out challenges back to back when they're FOUR times the size of the other tribe.... or how whichever Ulong member that makes it to the jury will be able to judge people they hardly met (maybe that's why this year they used the same beach for a few days).... or how TC will go if there are only two people.

I DO feel bad for Solong (oops, I mean Ulong). Truly. I think Stephanie (who yes, is too paranoid for her own good) and Bobby Jon are great players and of all the Ulong people, they most deserve to be there. I just hope Tom and Ian pull Steph and BJ into their fold (because of their "work" and "perform" ethics)...and that they're not Pagong'ed out of existence.

Like it or hate it... no merge and a dominating team sure has given us new things to think about.

Quote Originally Posted by Kocky_Kamikaze
    Well, they did think and someone was in charge at first... JOLANDA!! I think the decision to vote her off was their undoing. At least with her, they would've been directed in the right path.
    Yeah, but Jolanda sort of TOOK the leader post, whereas Tom was sort of GIVEN it. A big difference I think.

Quote Originally Posted by Shady64
    I'm in the minority I guess, I don't feel bad for Ulong constantly losing. They came into the game with the attitude "younger and stronger" thinking Koror was no match for them, arrogance and underestimation that continued through the game. They voted off their leader right off the bat. They don't work together as a team and they never learn from their mistakes. Deep thinkers they are not. How stupid are they not to figure out what needs to be changed when even the weakest people on Koror beats them? Bobby John seems to be the only one to acknowledge he was part of the reason they lost. All the others pointed fingers every single time they lost and refused to admit they each played a part in losing by not being a team. They lost collectively, not because of one individual (for most challenges).

I'm neutral about Bobby John. He'll be the first to go come Individual immunity. Steph? Can't stand her, going back to episode 1. How many times do we have to hear "I hate to lose" from her mouth with that "cat that ate a sour mouse" look on her face? She'll do ok once its Individual immunity as long as itís an all-physical challenge and requires no brains, but I don't see her making it past F5 or even F7.

I'm impressed with how well Koror has done as a team, better than any survivor team ever They've dominated since the get go. Itís not just Tom either, though he has a big part in it. The weaker ones have come through in challenges also. It says alot about how they work together. For challenges they seem to pick people that compliment each otherís weaknesses.

I was talking to my brother and he thinks they "have" to have a merge because they "always" merge by the 10th week, but I say the show has changed the rules before, so who knows what they're going to do? They might just let that tribe die off and not have a merge. What do you all think?

Quote Originally Posted by Harvest

I was talking to my brother and he thinks they "have" to have a merge because they "always" merge by the 10th week, but I say the show has changed the rules before, so who knows what they're going to do? They might just let that tribe die off and not have a merge. What do you all think?
    I think that's exactly why it's interesting to have one team be so dominant... for the first time we're asking ourselves questions like this one. After as many seasons as we've had, it's nice to have new quandries to debate.

I for one think that they may DO a merge, even though [from the previews] it seems at least one more RC will be fought as two teams. If they don't merge at all, how will they handle an TC with only two people? How will whoever's left on Ulong (who will be in the jury) have any basis on which to judge when it's down to F2? If they don't merge, how will ONE person compete against EIGHT (or one of eight)? What kind of funky challenge would THAT be?

If they don't merge, it'd be great to see how they deal with the numerical issues... but I have a feeling TPTB would have to work too hard to come up with ways around ALL of those issues...so a merge keeps them from having to worry about it. I hope there ISN'T a merge...just to see how long two people can hold on... but I'm feeling like there will be one - for logistical reasons more than anything else. My positive opinion of BJ and Steph aside, I hope I'm wrong and we get to see what it looks like to see a team completely totally implode.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast