+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Show discussion 3/31

where's my rose garden? Covaleskie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dberk
    Gregg- (jerk) He is playing too many people and it's doubtful that he's clever enough to handle it. I want to see him cut adrift without any allies.
    I couldn't agree more. Boston Rob may have been able to pull off the "dating" game amidst Survivor, but first of all, Gregg is no Boston Rob, and secondly, I doubt even Rob could pull it off again. Having a tight pair like a "dating" couple is a red flag. If Gregg wants to be the "player" then he needs to realize that. But he's not, and he didn't.

Coby- (conniving) If given the chance, this man will use Gregg to get rid of Tom and Ian and then take him out next.
    I just hope that Tom and Ian figure out this plan before Coby gets one of them off and then takes the driver's seat for the rest of the season. For some reason, Coby reminds me of that guy from Rupert's season with the grandma whose name I won't say 'cause he just doesn't deserve the publicity.

Bobby Jon- (dreamy fav) A man of integrity rarely does well in this game. His only hope is to latch onto Tom and Ian to thwart Gregg's master plan and avoid "not connecting" with Colby. A man torn.
    Interesting that you put "avoid 'not connecting' with Coby." (I assume you meant Coby and not Colby). Now that you mention it, I could see BJ falling into a trap, I mean alliance, with Coby easily. BJ seems pretty gullible. Let's hope his admiration for Tom puts him firmly in the Tom/Ian camp.

Stephenie- (paranoid) I'm surprised she sees a future after the merge. She will certainly be considered a physical threat and her inability to trust anyone will probably be her eventual undoing. A woman without a tribe.
    "Paranoid" fits Steph perfectly.
    There's always one in every bunch.

Quote Originally Posted by Covaleskie
    Interesting that you put "avoid 'not connecting' with Coby." (I assume you meant Coby and not Colby).
    Yes. I meant Coby. We know what happened when he didn't "connect" with Jonathan at the beginning of this season. I caught my mistake, but was in too much of a hurry to move onto my next diatribe to edit now that FORT is back. WooooHOOOO!

FORT Fan
    This is why Solong always looses they don't think.
    Even Bobby Jon said several times that Koror was "working harder, I mean smarter".

I will say that I'm impressed with how well Caryn & Katie worked together, along with Greg, on the IC. Considering how they seem to have little respect for each other, it could have been disastrous.

I've been a bad, bad girl Siryn's Avatar
    I'm amazed at how dumb Jenn is.

She's clearly been recruited to play the game by casting - Normal people who actually know something about this game can't be that dumb to think that the rest of the tribe doesn't notice you kissing and cuddling with another tribe member.

Of course he's being a little standoffish, and his head is in the game. Well, duh, yours should be too, Jenn. This isn't the Bachelor. Gregg is already undercutting his own position by trying to simultaneously play the game and build a relationship with you.

I hope he's gone first out of Koror, and you next, you idiot.

Leo
    Premium Member
    Ulong as a tribe continues to amaze me. Coby, Jenn, and Janu are not even Koror's B-Team. Yet they couldn't beat them. Unbelievable.

Quote Originally Posted by Leo
    Ulong as a tribe continues to amaze me. Coby, Jenn, and Janu are not even Koror's B-Team. Yet they couldn't beat them. Unbelievable.

I loved it when Jeff made a similar point at Tribal Council. Ulong isn't even being beaten by the same people over & over again, but by different little combinations of Koror.

I admit that the pleasure I am getting in watching Survivor this time around consists mostly of schadenfreude. Ulong's uninterrupted self destruction, when at the beginning they seemed to be the physically stronger tribe, is fascinating. I hope that producers don't spoil it by merging the tribes until this plays out (or until Ulong actually wins an immunity challenge). Surely they have someone at CBS who is creative enough to think of a way of determining who gets elminated if there are only 2 tribe members left.

Embracing the Inner Geek museumguy's Avatar
    Who had wine and K rations in the lame reward poll....?

all that was missing were nylons and choclate bars.....though Janu might have taken them before the cameras rolled......

Embracing the Inner Geek museumguy's Avatar
    It took both tribes over an hour to do the puzzles.....It can't be sunstroke.......

I so want the shark to win...

GOOOOOOOOOO brucie......

where's my rose garden? Covaleskie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by William13
    I admit that the pleasure I am getting in watching Survivor this time around consists mostly of schadenfreude.
    schadenfreude?

Okay, Mr. William, you got me curious enough to break out the old German-English dictionary.

schade + freude = pity + joy

I assume from the meanings of the root words, and the context that schadenfreude means something like taking joy out of feeling pity/shame for someone. Let me know if a win a special decoding prize!
    There's always one in every bunch.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast