+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Show discussion 3/31

FORT Fogey
    LOL, Ulong is so cursed, even its lagoon is practically devoid of fish while Koror has 'em coming up to the beach. (BJ made a comment that there aren't any more fish out there.)

And bad news for ABC. Next week Tom slays and cooks the monster from 'Lost'. Another Survivor first!

It's almost painful to watch this show anymore. I feel so bad for the Ulong tribe. Can you call two people a tribe?

FORT Regular
    Why oh why did they pick Boby Jon to direct the puzzle? What were they thinking? Were they thinking?

I don't know why everyone keeps saying that Ulong was so much stronger than Koror at the start of the game. Yes, Ulong had Jeff, BJ and Ib. James did his part but you can't call him super strong. Steph is a strong girl, as was Yolanda, but that was about it. Koror had Tom, Gregg and Ian. Coby is certainly no pushover (as we all saw in the sumowrestling challenge - Hello James!!) We all knew Ian would be great at any water challenge, considering that he won the first immunity and his occupation. The girls on Koror was probably as a group weaker than Ulong, but not by that much. Jenn has proved herself and I don't think anyone of us ever thought the tiger was going to come out of Angie... Yes, Willard didn't bring much to the table, well he didn't actually bring anything at all do the table, but that's about it.
    We have seen in the past what happens when a tribe declares itself to be "the strongest" :nono

I've liked Koror since the beginning, but I agree that it's painful to watch Ulong and I do feel sorry for BJ especially. Steph is a tough chick and I believe if she'll only last to the merge, she will hook up with Tom and Ian.

K

Quote Originally Posted by MrsG0529
    It's almost painful to watch this show anymore. I feel so bad for the Ulong tribe. Can you call two people a tribe?
    You can, but it just seems kind of mean to say tribe when they're down to two. It's kind of like "your tribe, oops, I mean you two will be playing today for some pringles, diet coke and a bath".
    I enjoy the escapism of reality television. Beats the heck out of worrying about your REAL life!!

This is getting sadder and sadder Ulong losing every time. I kinda thought most of their loses were because of know it all James. Hope Steph last long enough to merge. She has been strong in every IC but she can't do it all. Frankly, I'm not sure why these guys lose over and over. Jeff has pointed out several reasons from time to time. None of the Ulong tribe have come across as mean or disagreeable people, James a little because he wasn't all that strong in any of the challenges and came across as a know it all and everyone listened to him. Can't see where this is going without a merge. A merge would eliminate Steph and BJ right off. :phhht

Quote Originally Posted by ICantLookAway
    Why oh why did they pick Boby Jon to direct the puzzle? What were they thinking? Were they thinking?

This is why Solong always looses they don't think. Even with a copy of the puzzle they screwed it up.

Yeah, Ib is gone, gone, gone. Did this guy even have a strategy? If he hadn't been on the loosing team would he have even gotten any screen time at all? Talk about Mister Bland Personality. Reminds me of that famous Judge Judy quote about pretty is nice but dumb is forever.

a jumble of useless facts gracie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata
    This is why Solong always looses they don't think.
    I couldn't agree with you more. Not only didn't they think, but nobody wanted to be in charge or make any decisions cause it would make them stand out and they would be voted out. Nice plan! They are all still going to be gone. If either Bobby John or Stephanie make the jury I would be surprised except for the fact that with the numbers left, one of them has to be on the jury. (ten survivors left, minus the final two, minus seven in the jury) At this point I don't think that either one of them deserves to even be on the jury.
    There is no reason for any individual to have a computer in his home. -Ken Olsen

Tom- (fav) He said that inviting the shark for dinner revealed that he was capable and not just the oldest guy in the tribe. I don't know what made him think that the others weren't fully aware that he was a huge threat. Bobby Jon said near the start of the season that Tom is the reason Koror is winning. Unfortunately Survivor is a show where people like Tom are told "Thanks, we never could have gotten this far without you" right before they kick him to the curb. A natural leader.

Ian- (fav) Great effort with the Giant Clam from the Depths. I hope the cut on his foot is minor and doesn't cause him trouble. The oneupmanship between him and Tom seems good natured. A positive light.

Gregg- (jerk) He is playing too many people and it's doubtful that he's clever enough to handle it. I want to see him cut adrift without any allies. His comment that "It's going to be hard to get Tom voted off" after the shark feast will hopefully be a premonition. A man to be watched; not trusted.

Jenn- (fool) She's miffed that Greg is running hot and cold with her, but tries to be understanding when she should just go to Tom about the master plan and show Greg that 2 can play his game. A woman played.

Janu- (weak) Being a show girl must take strength and endurance. I can't believe how Survivor has beaten her up. She hasn't even competed in the majority of the challenges and is on her has leg. A necessary mercy killing.

Coby- (conniving) If given the chance, this man will use Gregg to get rid of Tom and Ian and then take him out next. Panty boy is the most nervous at the IC's, because he knows he can't afford to lose any of his allies. I'm sure he is expecting the leftovers of Ulong to join his band of rejects, but BJ and Steph will prefer to join Tom and Ian's alliance, if given the opportunity. Even with the outstanding warrant from the fashion police to distract him, he remains the dark side of the Koror force. A wily scavenger.

Caryn- (intolerant) She needs to take a chill pill. A hard worker, but not very good in the challenges and doesn't play well with others. I'm not sure she will be able to vote strategy rather than personal dislikes. I hear your complaints, Caryn, here's a quarter...

Katie- (commodian) I don't find her to be the least bit funny. It would seem that she has adopted the Kim/Willard strategy of non-interference. In other words do nothing around camp, suck at challenges and let a grateful tribe carry you to F2. An anchor around the neck that won't shut up.

Bobby Jon- (dreamy fav) A man of integrity rarely does well in this game. His only hope is to latch onto Tom and Ian to thwart Gregg's master plan and avoid "not connecting" with Colby. A man torn.

Stephenie- (paranoid) I'm surprised she sees a future after the merge. She will certainly be considered a physical threat and her inability to trust anyone will probably be her eventual undoing. A woman without a tribe.

Quote Originally Posted by marybethp
    Janu looked beat. Even Jeff made a comment to her that she looked like she was wiped out. It didn't look that hard to me, but the challenge did go on for over an hour. I find Janu very weak, almost useless. If she was on Ulong, she would have been voted out a long time ago.
    I'm amazed she hasn't collapsed into a bony heap by now. I mean, how do you *survive* on Survivor when you're already a good 30 pounds underweight?

Seriously, I thought she looked ill. I think it would be a very good idea for her to go home voluntarily, either by asking to be voted out or just leaving. It's not very entertaining to see someone who looks like she's putting her health in real jeopardy.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast