+ Reply to Thread

Thread: On The Next Survivor - Episode 7

On The Next Survivor - Episode 7

From the official CBS site:
    Two Survivors battle to provide for their tribe. One brings home a clam; one brings home a shark.

Sitting out a Challenge, one Survivor finds it hard to watch from the sidelines and doubts the tribe's ability to win.

A tribe member is suspicious of a potential alliance forming between two very friendly tribemates that could spoil a game plan.

During a crucial Immunity challenge, one Survivor takes over for a struggling tribemate. Will it be enough to win?

Two Survivors battle to provide for their tribe. One brings home a clam; one brings home a shark.
    We know that the shark is Tom. I think the clam was Bobby Jon, but I thought that Bobby Jon caught a fish? We'll have to see...

Sitting out a Challenge, one Survivor finds it hard to watch from the sidelines and doubts the tribe's ability to win.
    Obviously, this is someone on Koror, and I highly doubt that they'll sit out Ian, Gregg, or Tom, because the Reward challenge is more of a "men's" challenge when you think about it. I.E. More men have shot guns that women, like in the past challenge. So it's either Coby, Caryn, Katie, Jenn, or Janu. Coby in the last episode waas doubting his teammates, so it could be him. If Jenn was sitting out and Gregg in, then she wouldn't say that, and Katie, Caryn, and Janu, I have no clue about them.

A tribe member is suspicious of a potential alliance forming between two very friendly tribemates that could spoil a game plan.
    I'm thinking that it's Gregg seeing it on Tom and Ian. They're the only ones I could think of right now.

During a crucial Immunity challenge, one Survivor takes over for a struggling tribemate. Will it be enough to win?
    Possibly Steph or Bobby Jon covering for Ib, or anybody on Koror. Too many people in Koror to think about it.

I just have one question. Let's say Tom, Ian, Gregg, and Caryn sat out in the last challenge, which they did. So for the next challenge, which would be RC, can they sit out again, or is that considered "back-to-back" challenges too? I've never knew this answer because it's never happened in my Survivor history.

I just have one question. Let's say Tom, Ian, Gregg, and Caryn sat out in the last challenge, which they did. So for the next challenge, which would be RC, can they sit out again, or is that considered "back-to-back" challenges too?
    On the last episode, Jeff asked who was sitting out the reward challenge without listing anyone as ineligible. At the immunity challenge, he said "A, B, C, D, you sat out the last challenge . . ." so it seems that "back-to-back" refers only to the RC-IC cycle.
    "The road that is built in hope is more pleasant to the traveler than the road built in despair, even though they both lead to the same destination."
    --Marion Zimmer Bradley

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp
    I've always wondered that myself. But could it be that Jeff doesn't bother to say it on camera, but will say "you sat this person out for the IC, so you can't sit them out for the RC?" But then why would he mention who they sat out for the reward when it comes time for immunity. Maybe he just means back to back challenges in an episode.

I immediately thought Bobby Jon and Tom. We know it's Tom with the shark, but maybe someone from Koror gets a clam and then Tom brings in the shark.

I was thinking Coby. But maybe they sit out one of their stronger member's (Tom, Ian, or Gregg) as a strategy move, but that they regret it after they see their tribe struggling. And is this for the RC or IC?

I thought Gregg and Jenn, since Tom talked about it in the preview.

Again, though of Bobby Jon taking over for Ibe, but the fact that they say "will it be enough to win" makes me think maybe it's someone from Koror. Someone taking over for Janu?

Quote Originally Posted by Newfherder
    so it seems that "back-to-back" refers only to the RC-IC cycle.
    Deena from Season Six: (The Amazon) recently confirmed this at another site. It's quite unlikely that it's been changed since her season.

I reckon... Gregg and Tom.
    Gregg is supposed to be playing Tom at the moment, but it might turn out that they are becoming too genuinely friendly for Coby's liking.

And the stuggling Tribemate will of course be Janu.... saved by Gregg.

Quote Originally Posted by CBS
    I immediately thought Tom and Bobby John when I read this, much like the rest of you. The only problem is that the CBS site says "for their tribe," not "for their tribes." This suggests that it will be two people from the same tribe, meaning Tom and another member of Koror. I don't think Ian would compete with him for food, but I can see Gregg or Coby doing so to prove that they don't really need Tom. Even if I'm wrong (which happens more than I'd care to admit), I don't see it making a big impact on the episode anyway.

it's the only way
    Well, at some point they're going to have to merge. The tribe is way too few people, so I'd take that as a sign that the merge will happen. Then the bigger tribe will vote off the remnants..as usual..blah blah blah. I get so tired of that, season after season. Isn't there something they can do about it?

Quote Originally Posted by drunkonreality
    Well, at some point they're going to have to merge. The tribe is way too few people, so I'd take that as a sign that the merge will happen. Then the bigger tribe will vote off the remnants..as usual..blah blah blah. I get so tired of that, season after season. Isn't there something they can do about it?
    That's why Seasons like Amazon and Marquesas are so good...there are players around that are willing to shake things up. Unfortunately, the smarter players usually take the safer way out by getting rid of opposing alliance one-by-one. The less intelligent players don't realize they're at the bottom of the alliance and so go along with the plan. Leads to boring periods of time after the merge, I'll give you that.

Fortunately, it looks like this season will only have 2 obvious, boring, boots. The next 2 episodes will be Bobby Jon and Stephenie's boots, as Koror knocks them off.

+ Reply to Thread