+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Episode 4 recap: "It's My Potty And I'll Whine If I Want To"

Quote Originally Posted by Lucy
    and he stands with feet apart for balance, much as my cousins and I used to do in the back of my grandfather’s pick-up truck as we tried to see who could stand up without holding on the longest (yes, this would be while the truck was moving. My entire family is a Darwin award waiting to happen.)

Sadly, the Home Depot box does not contain a pair of pants, which – looking at James’ dingy white shorts – I would say he needs.

Quickly tossing a shovel into the forest, hiding the bong and forcing Angie to not exhale, Ulong presents a picture of “we weren’t doing anything” innocence.

Great job, Lucy. I have got to learn not to read one or your recaps when I have a cold. Laughing makes me cough and it hurts.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

Maybe we should chug on over to namby pamby land where we can find some self confidence for you, you jackwagon!

Great job:

First:
    much as my cousins and I used to do in the back of my grandfather’s pick-up truck as we tried to see who could stand up without holding on the longest (yes, this would be while the truck was moving. My entire family is a Darwin award waiting to happen.)
    I will follow your family's interesting, if short, future, with interest.

Some of my favourite lines:

“It’s obvious we’re the underdogs here,” Coby says. I would think that should be obvious to anyone who looked around at their team and found Willard on their side.
    At Ulong, the tribe is out fishing, also known as “sitting in the boat.”
    Surely – surely – Kim has some sort of redeeming skill that we just aren’t seeing. Because I really don’t understand how she got on this show otherwise. Either A)she expended all her energy on actually getting on the show, and has nothing left with which to play the game, or B)she is an ace hunter and the island is just sadly devoid of wildlife on which to prove herself, or C)she was recruited onto the show solely for her near-superhuman ability to sit perfectly still and gaze idly into the distance for days on end.
    Jeff takes the immunity idol back from Koror – why he bothers, I don’t know
    Thanks for the very entertaining read.

Willard calls Tom the motor that makes the train run, so I guess he likes Tom. (Maybe he should tell Coby).

James says Ulong must fight like wolverines, an odd choice of mascot, given that the wolverine is basically an overgrown weasel.
    Loved it!
    "George Oscar Bluth II, aka GOB, featured magician in the best selling videotape, "Girls With Low Self Esteem" invites you to enter his world.
    -- Arrested Development, Season III

Quote Originally Posted by Lucy
    Sadly, the Home Depot box does not contain a pair of pants, which – looking at James’ dingy white shorts – I would say he needs.

...you’d think she’d have picked up on the “Kim is a lazy-ass” vibe and done something to ingratiate herself.

I bet he’s cultivating bonsai trees at the campsite and doing scrimshaw on bits of conch shell.

Kim blows her tribe a kiss goodbye, then – limp with the exertion that took – ambles down the path.

...which could mean anything from merge to cannibalism (They better watch out for that bony Janu.)
    Lucy, I had to literally force myself to limit quotes to just these. This is without a doubt one of the funniest recaps I've ever read.

My personal #1 favorite:
    Hm, sounds like there’s an ass right in front of us.
    Love The Bachelor? Catch the recap for this season's sacrificial lamb lucky guy here in Episode 1, Episode 2, Episode 3, Episode 4, Episode 5, Episode 6 and Episode 7.

Woo Hoo! *clicks heels, does fandango* Great recap Lucy! Hee-lar-ee-ous<---in best James imitation.
    You got to cry without weeping. Talk without speaking. Scream without raising your voice.- U2

The broccoli must die! gazelem67's Avatar
    Excellent recap. Had me literally laughing out loud and reading quotes to others in the room. Bravisimo!

My sides are splitting! Great job, Lucy!
    You've gotta hustle if you want to earn a dollar. - Boston Rob

Leo
    Premium Member
    Bobby Jon wants the women to pull their weight; he says if Kim could use a slingshot to go kill a bear, he’d want her to. A bear? What, is this “Lost” all of a sudden?

Great recap.

JR.
    Funny stuff Lucy

wanna rassle?

Except for
    James says Ulong must fight like wolverines, an odd choice of mascot, given that the wolverine is basically an overgrown weasel.
    :nono

James was entirely right about wolverines being formidable, just entirely wrong about Ulong bearing any resemblance to them (except maybe Angie ).

From http://blindkat.tripod.com/zoo/wolverine.html: The wolverine is the largest land-dwelling member of the family Mustelidae (animals such as minks, weasels,otters, skunks). For its size, the Wolverine is probably one of the smallest and most powerful top-of-the-food-chain predator. It makes a Tasmanian Devil look like a sissy. The wolverine is powerfully built {snipped}
    If a wolverine was the size of a bear, it would be the strongest animal on Earth.

The wolverine is noted for its strength, cunning, fearlessness, and voracity. And, weasels are no push-over either. They are quite capable of attacking, killing, and carrying off prey that outweighs them by about four times, using nothing but their claws and teeth. Can any of us or any of the Survivors say the same? (end pedantic mode)

Thanks for the s

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast