+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Palau Perspective (Episode 3) - Getting Ulong in the Tooth

What are they going to do? Sew a few merit badges for laying around the beach to their new sarongs and ponchos?
    I agree...I would have been thinking, "we busted our butts for this crap?"
    While it's possible, I see that as unlikely since I think even Willard and Janu recognize how valuable and necessary Tom is to their tribe.
    Who are this Willard and Janu you speak of? We see so little of them, I forget they're even there.

Quote Originally Posted by phat32
    His perseverance during the search for the missing flint and now his endurance during the rope-a-dope immunity challenge have shown him to have the heart of a lion, even if that heart resides in the body of a newborn cub.

I think no one steps up at Ulong because of what I think of as Apprentice "Project Manager" syndrome: If the tribe/corporation wins--hooray.

Besides, when Ian finally goes through puberty in a week or two, nobody but Tom would be willing to teach Ian how to shave and also explain the birds and the bees.
    Ahh, Phat, you are remarkable! Perfect analysis mixed with your fabulous humor...I bow to you.
    Love The Bachelor? Catch the recap for this season's sacrificial lamb lucky guy here in Episode 1, Episode 2, Episode 3, Episode 4, Episode 5, Episode 6 and Episode 7.

Great read, Phat!
    Stephenie may be the one who objects most to a break along male/female lines, even as Angie would feel uneasy but would be most realistic about it. Frankly, who cares what Kim thinks.
    If you go through a lot of hammers each month, I don't think it necessarily means you're a hard worker.
    It may just mean that you have a lot to learn about proper hammer maintenance.

Quote Originally Posted by phat32
    Having said that, Caryn seems to have forgotten one of the most important rules about conducting a dialogue with anyone: The one who loses her cool first loses the listener and loses her argument. Even if the shouter's points are valid, any listener, any opponent in a verbal contest, will shut out a speaker shouting at her.
    Truer words were never spoken. How many seasons of Survivor must I watch before I will see people starting to grasp this concept?

Your insights make wonderful reading, phat!
    "I'm telling you - it's a madhouse out there. I feel like Charlton Heston waking up in the field and seeing the chimp on top of the pony." ~ Dennis Miller

Thanks, Phat!

The reward WAS kinda lame. Although, they could find more uses for all of that than just making clothes.
    "You don't own a TV?!? What's all your furniture pointed at?" Joey Tribianni

It's not who you are underneath, but what you do that defines you.

Another fantastic read, phat!
    Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.
    - Albert Einstein

Rarely do you see someone like Tom in reality programming: the indispensable leader. This means, of course, that sooner or later, one or two of the weaker members of the tribe will start grumbling, will start to think about a jury, a jury that they have a snowball's chance in hell of facing, but one that is prominent in their minds, nevertheless.
    You nailed it there Phat.

Great analysis!
    "George Oscar Bluth II, aka GOB, featured magician in the best selling videotape, "Girls With Low Self Esteem" invites you to enter his world.
    -- Arrested Development, Season III

I tip my hat to Ian. His perseverance during the search for the missing flint and now his endurance during the rope-a-dope immunity challenge have shown him to have the heart of a lion, even if that heart resides in the body of a newborn cub.
    Had to quote the above because a) I couldn't agree more re Ian. b) It's just such a great line

The one who loses her cool first loses the listener and loses her argument. Even if the shouter's points are valid, any listener, any opponent in a verbal contest, will shut out a speaker shouting at her.
    Once again I agree.
    Caryn ended up looking like a mad old bat.
    The only good thing she did was to make sure the exchange took place somewhat away from the rest of the tribe so she didn't have such a large audience for her idiocy.

With Tom's leadership and barring any major changes in tribal memberships, Koror can continue to lose reward challenges with shoddy rewards but still win the more important immunity challenges, ensuring Koror domination at this stage in the game.
    I think Tom goofed in the reward challenge last week.
    He went for a risky tactic, but at least he bothered to think enough to come up with a tactiv in the first place.

He clearly leading Koror, but seems to be managing to do it in a way that even Coby, who appears so desperate to break out and let the bitchiness begin, isn't even planning a coup against him.
    I guess we'll see when Koror loses an IC, which I don't see them doing for a while.

Wonderful analysis again this week, phat.
    This article was a pleasure to read.
    Very interesting to get your take on how the game and the gamers are panning out.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12