+ Reply to Thread
Page 23 of 24 FirstFirst ... 131415161718192021222324 LastLast

Thread: 3/3 Show Discussion **SPOILERS**

FORT Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by Qboots
    Just noticed your post tmcrae. Here are Jeff's parting words:

"There is a huge part of me that wishes that I had not injured myself to the point of being unable to help my team advance in the game. It was my choice and by making that choice my team is going to be able to advance further in the game. Ulong - it's time to take Koror to the cleaners."

As for the votes, 4 people voted for Jeff: Stephenie, Ibrehem, Kim & Angie. Kim got 2 votes, from James & Bobby Jon. Jeff voted for James.
    Thanks Qboots! Much appreciated!

I think on the previews each team was supposed to pick a person from their team for an unspecified reason. They don't know what to do. Pick someone that is disposable or the best you have? Kim/Willard or Bobby Jon/Tom?

Quote Originally Posted by dberk
    I think on the previews each team was supposed to pick a person from their team for an unspecified reason. They don't know what to do. Pick someone that is disposable or the best you have? Kim/Willard or Bobby Jon/Tom?
    Didn't they have that in Allstars? All they did was go over and choose stuff they would take if their team won the next challenge. At this point though- they don't really have anything to take
    But, just switching one person per team won't make a huge difference in the game though, will it?

FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by Leftcoaster
    Some of the most "southern" sounding people I've met have never been away from their birthplace, California's San Joaquin Valley. James likely sounds like his family, regardless of where they originally hailed from.
    People hearing me speak never believe that I'm from California, and I've been away from 18+ years; they insist that I must be from the south, but then again they think Okies are from Oklahoma.

I wonder how long the speech patterns carry over, redcat?

The south travelled to California with my mothers side of the family, and had I spent the majority of my time growing up with them, I, like my cousins who were born in California would probably have a speech pattern that would fit in back in Arkansas or Missouri.

When the families start dispersing a bit is when you lose the original sound, I'm thinking. Or at least that is how it seems viewing my family.

FORT Newbie
    I think you're correct, the speech patterns will persist as long as there is a concentrated group like the Okies & Arkies in the San Joaquin Valley, who BTW are slowly fading away to be replaced by the next immigrants..

FORT Fan
    the southern guy (forget his name) I don't like him and hated the comment he made regarding women. As soon as he said that I thought see ya. It was something like, "a woman only has sexuality as a strength". Can't remember exactly but, it was so male chavanistic.
    Jamilee, I think he was referring to Kim specifically.

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by Sunnyone
    Didn't they have that in Allstars? All they did was go over and choose stuff they would take if their team won the next challenge. At this point though- they don't really have anything to take
    But, just switching one person per team won't make a huge difference in the game though, will it?
    Yeah, it could make a big difference. What if Tom goes over to Ulong and they lose the IC and vote him off? And you figure had he stayed on Koror, he'd have made it really far so absolutely, your senario could really change everything.

Personally, I'd send the deadweight over to the other tribe because if they do have to stay, then oh well, you were gonna vote them off anyway.

Of course the deadweight might not be so keen to go.
    If I was Willard and they told me to go, I'd be "Hell no. I aint budging"
    I'd be drumming up support with the other deadweight to defend myself too.

PWS
    FORT Fogey
    One really cynical suggestion for why Jeff wanted to leave...he's sure Kim will be next and the 2 of them can have a really long vacation at Loser Lodge together....

+ Reply to Thread