+ Reply to Thread
Page 18 of 24 FirstFirst ... 89101112131415161718192021222324 LastLast

Thread: 3/3 Show Discussion **SPOILERS**

I found the reward challenge to be way too brutal. In the end Koror may have thrown in the towel as a personal favor to me so that Angie would cover up the unsightly sight. Thanks, guys.

I think it would be easier to grab a shark as it swim between your legs and throw it up on shore than to spear it with those sticks. Didn't anyone study net making and basket weaving out of native materials? Preparation, People! If Ian was able to swim down to get the flint, he should be able to get some big clams.

The IC was clever and interesting to watch. I didn't expect the delicate flower, Coby, to last as long as he did. Angie's street fighter skills that served her so well in the RC were no help here. I wonder how the men that dropped out felt about Stephanie holding tough. It's a shame they can't sit Willard out every time.

I had Jeff pegged as a quitter and a jerk early on. Did anyone actually look at his ankle? I'm glad he didn't disappoint me and is gone. At diatribal council Kim admitted that she did the least in the tribe but didn't reveal that "the least" was actually- nothing. Pack your bags, Kim, your bus leaves in 3 days. Bobby Jon (aka Tarzan) admires and respects Tom, but will he be an ally or a threat at the merge? hmmm

Its on like Donkey Kong! DarKensoul7's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dberk
    I found the reward challenge to be way too brutal. In the end Koror may have thrown in the towel as a personal favor to me so that Angie would cover up the unsightly sight. Thanks, guys.

It's a shame they can't sit Willard out every time.

Bobby Jon (aka Tarzan) admires and respects Tom, but will he be an ally or a threat at the merge? hmmm
    Yes, It isn't fair for men vs girls. If the Gregg got harsh on Angie, probably stuff would've been thrown at him -_-. I too feel Willard is pointless. He is the only one I don't really care for in Koror. Bobby Jon might want to align with him but Tom seems honest and decent and wouldn't backstab him own members. I see an Ian/Tom/Gregg alliance...
    "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

-Albert Einstein

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp
    Quote Originally Posted by dberk

I think it would be easier to grab a shark as it swim between your legs and throw it up on shore than to spear it with those sticks. Didn't anyone study net making and basket weaving out of native materials? Preparation, People! If Ian was able to swim down to get the flint, he should be able to get some big clams.

The IC was clever and interesting to watch. I didn't expect the delicate flower, Coby, to last as long as he did. Angie's street fighter skills that served her so well in the RC were no help here. I wonder how the men that dropped out felt about Stephanie holding tough. It's a shame they can't sit Willard out every time.

I had Jeff pegged as a quitter and a jerk early on. Did anyone actually look at his ankle? I'm glad he didn't disappoint me and is gone. At diatribal council Kim admitted that she did the least in the tribe but didn't reveal that "the least" was actually- nothing. Pack your bags, Kim, your bus leaves in 3 days. Bobby Jon (aka Tarzan) admires and respects Tom, but will he be an ally or a threat at the merge? hmmm
    Probst had said that Jeff was immature in one of the pre-show vids. I don't know if Probst made those comments before or after the show was done airing, but he might have seen another Osten in Jeff when he started saying he wanted out. If Ulong doesn't win the next IC, Kim is probably gone (and I'm in the minority, but I'll still miss her, regardless if she isn't as useful around camp). I can believe what Kim says- she may be a strong person but Survivor may not be her cup of tea. And the fact she was allied with Jeff might hurt her. Back to Jeff, the whole ankle thing seemed weird to me. I have no doubt he hurt himself and was in pain, but something about it didn't feel right.

I'm watching it right now and I just had to say EGADS at the SHARK! Are they nuts?
    You've gotta hustle if you want to earn a dollar. - Boston Rob

Quote Originally Posted by hepcat
    I'm watching it right now and I just had to say EGADS at the SHARK! Are they nuts?
    "Shark" would not be nuts. It's not all that difficult to kill a single SMALL shark. The problem here is "Sharks"--plural. One shark can be cornered and netted (not that these dimwits thought of that with their stupid pointy sticks). Multiple sharks can surround you.

Using blood as a lure in dumb enough already. The other reason to not spear a shark is MORE BLOOD. Sharks eat their own--blood of any type will draw a pack of them. Even if they are small, those idgits would be shark chow.

Conclusion: Tom and his buddies may be strong, but they are morons. So much for what was supposed to be "the smart team" at one point.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

Snoozin' on the beach
    Quote Originally Posted by DarKensoul7
    Yes, It isn't fair for men vs girls. If the Gregg got harsh on Angie, probably stuff would've been thrown at him -_-. I too feel Willard is pointless. He is the only one I don't really care for in Koror. Bobby Jon might want to align with him but Tom seems honest and decent and wouldn't backstab him own members. I see an Ian/Tom/Gregg alliance...
    I can see Ian and Tom joining forces but not adding Gregg to it. He'd just be more competition come merge time. I think they'd pull in Janu as a 3rd to complete the alliance even though she didn't do that great in the RC. Yeah Willard is a waste and to think Caryn picked him over Johnathon. If the Caryn/Katie thing doesn't come to a head by the time Koror has TC, Willard would be voted off. He is even weaker than Scout was! What does he add to the tribe?

FORT Fogey
    I already had loads of love for Tom, but now I can honestly say I absolutely lurve Bobby Jon. He is so my Survivor bf! He is strong, a hard worker, liked by the rest of his tribe, and smart(likes Tom and knows that he is the reason they lose the challenges, cuz Tom can woop their butts, if they had Tom on their tribe, they'd be winning everything). Bobby Jon has voted the way it should've gone every episode, although I'm liking Angie, but she's not as strong as Jolanda is, or as hard of a worker.

Boo hiss on the lazy bums of Ulong. There was a hint at cbs.com that someone would get upset at the other members being lazy and I KNEW it'd be Bobby cuz he's a hard worker. I'd have helped him out and would've used it as a point to bond with him...and flirt heh. Well, then I'd be safe from going at TCs and stuff.

I love Stephenie as well. Girl is kick ass! Ibrehem is wussy! He had what, 2 bags? And he made Bobby carry like 6. And Bobby did it with no complaints.

I don't care if that coconut caused me to break my leg, you'd have had to drag me out there kicking and screaming. Suck it up, Jeff. I can put pain aside for a competition and once it's over I feel it, but during the competition I'm ok. Seriously Jeff, get a clue! I would've told them I would push through the pain and I don't want to go and I'm tough and will deal with it. Jeff disappointed me. Bah humbug. Ulong sucks.

Ooooooooooooo why couldn't Bobby Jon and Stephenie(and Angie too, I guess) have ended up on Koror? Get rid of Willard, Caryn, and Coby and send them to Ulong. And I would've been happy.

Pagonging at the merge would suck cuz I want to see Bobby and Steph get to the end but it won't happen. Maybe Tom will appreciate Bobby's work ethic and will be bugged by Caryn or someone like say, Willard or Coby and will take him along. I wish!

Overall good episode, interesting challenges. I KNEW when Bobby was in his boxers and ran out to do the RC that he was gonna lose them, sure enough, the nudity blob showed up(curses!! it just HAD to :phhht) but good thing he found them

I like this season but wish Ulong could win an IC just cuz it's sooo boring to watch them go to TC all the time and there are 3 people on Koror I want gone(Willard, Caryn, and Coby).
    Last edited by Lil_Cutie; 03-04-2005 at 12:04 AM.

i like bobby jon, he knew they should have kept jolanda way back at the beginning

unfortunately though, he doesnt seem to be on the same page as the rest of his tribe

like when bobby jon said one of the reasons they lost was because of tom, ibrehem is there shaking his head no, saying that they would have won if jeff had been there, i dont know about that....ibrehem let bobby jon carry all the weight, perhaps if he would taken an extra bag they would not have lost, they might not have needed jeff at all

for a minute there i thought coby was gonna cost koror the loss by dragging behind them like that

i still dont like angie, i'm not sure why lol

i wish koror would pagong ulong, but i have a feeling they are gonna switch the tribes up

I've been a bad, bad girl Siryn's Avatar
    "Tom is a man among men."

Tru freakin' dat!

But the thing is that Koror has more will when it counts, and they work better as a team. Tom is both smart and dumb (the sharks?! with sticks?!) - it must be the heat-addled brain.

And note that this is the end of day 8 - remember they have 18 players, but still 39 days - so we can probably expect another back-to-back challenge sometime soon.

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by snickers
    unfortunately though, he doesnt seem to be on the same page as the rest of his tribe

like when bobby jon said one of the reasons they lost was because of tom, ibrehem is there shaking his head no, saying that they would have won if jeff had been there, i dont know about that....ibrehem let bobby jon carry all the weight, perhaps if he would taken an extra bag they would not have lost, they might not have needed jeff at all
    Ibrehem is just dumb, I think. Did he graduate college? I just remember his bio somewhere that he persued several degrees...but it doesn't mention anything about him succeeding at them. I had his pegged as boring, which he is, and now he's all show. And apparently is somewhat lazy because no one mentions him helping out with the work.

Anyway, Bobby WAS right and Tom IS the reason Koror keeps winning the challenges and it IS because of him that Ulong loses them. Too bad no one else sees it.

Siryn, who said that quote: Tom is a man among men? Bobby right? I can't think of who else would...someone on Koror, but Bobby makes sense from Ulong. Shame on me for not remembering, but if he did say that, then he really is just that more awesome. The smart but dumb comment is an interesting comment; I agree and also agree that it's the sun/lack of food/lack of sleep that's causing him to make some bad judgement calls. He is still many amounts of awesome. I would love the F2 to be Tom & Bobby Jon. It'd be the Best. F2. Ever.

+ Reply to Thread