+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 24 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131415161718192021222324 LastLast

Thread: 3/3 Show Discussion **SPOILERS**

Quote Originally Posted by Seething13
    I did notice Angie made herself a toga-like thingie towards the end there. Just as I suspected, none of them can sew, all they are doing is making wraps and using pins and knots to hold it together.
    Actually, when you have limited cloth, they're better off keeping the pieces intact. You can wrap into a pareau (sarong), waist or chest height, or tied behind the neck, then use as a blanket at night, rain wrap, etc. The only thing I would have cut it for was to wrap Jeff's ankle and keep him on the team. I think I'd be braiding up the thread or any cord into some kind of fish line, if any hooks can be devised. The rest of the thread I would use for repairing their existing clothes. Yes, I DO sew!

Quote Originally Posted by Pomeraniac
    James should be voted out just for his annoying, southern inbred accent!
    Hey, now. We're not ALL inbred.

I think it was stupid to get rid of a person who contributes, whose ankle might heal, over someone who will always be lazy.
    But I think the great success story of this episode was Angie *finally* finding a top to wear.
    It's such a fine line between stupid, and clever. -- David St. Hubbins

Amen on the top, Lucy.

I swear, something is odd about James. I've heard Southern accents all my life and I've never heard one like his. Where is he from again? Alabama? It almost sounds put on to me.

I think they should have voted out Kim, too. I don't know why they didn't. If Jeff had both his legs broken, he'd still be more use than she is.
    "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."- Yoda

"I'll just see where Providence takes me and try to look like I got there confidently." - Craig Ferguson

James' bio says he's from Tennessee, Star. Which sounds more accurate with his accent.
    It's such a fine line between stupid, and clever. -- David St. Hubbins

Oh, and I forgot to drool for Tom. He is one sexy beast.

ETA: Thanks Lucy. Man, it still sounds weird to me.
    "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."- Yoda

"I'll just see where Providence takes me and try to look like I got there confidently." - Craig Ferguson

Quote Originally Posted by Lucy van Pelt
    Actually, when you have limited cloth, they're better off keeping the pieces intact. You can wrap into a pareau (sarong), waist or chest height, or tied behind the neck, then use as a blanket at night, rain wrap, etc. The only thing I would have cut it for was to wrap Jeff's ankle and keep him on the team. I think I'd be braiding up the thread or any cord into some kind of fish line, if any hooks can be devised. The rest of the thread I would use for repairing their existing clothes. Yes, I DO sew!
    Ahh, yeah, I guess you do have a point there!

I think though, that if Angie took a small section of cloth, she could sew it to the tops of her bra cups, and then up the inside edge of the straps, and make it more into a sports-bra-like thingie. I think it would be better just to pull the buff up over the bra like a tube top and use a bit of thread to tack it up to the straps, so it wouldn't side down when swimming. But maybe they are not allowed to sew on their buffs?

Tom is my hero.

Stephenie is pretty kickass too.

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucy
    Hey, now. We're not ALL inbred.

Whoah, I'm so sorry! No offense to my wonderful southern FORT friends!

Quote Originally Posted by Lucy
    James' bio says he's from Tennessee, Star. Which sounds more accurate with his accent.
    Being from Memphis TN. myself, and having since moved north a few years back, I can tell you that that accent is not too far off from the way they actually talk in Tennessee. When I call home (not often, mind you) and have to speak to my dad or his wife on the phone, it's all I can do to keep from laughing at them and how stupid they sound. Thank god I don't sound like that anymore!

Someone else mentioned inbreeding.... I think it's more common in small towns, regardless of geography. In Memphis (a BIG southern city) we didn't see it too much, but living in small town Vermont now, I see it quite often. I think it has a lot less to do with where you are from, and more with how desperate you are to live the American dream of wife and 3 kids. It's not always easy for everyone to find non-related mates when you have a very small and closed community.

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by Seething13
    Someone else mentioned inbreeding..... I think it has a lot less to do with where you are from, and more with how desperate you are to live the American dream of wife and 3 kids.
    Maybe for them the American dream is to have a wife and 3 kids who also are your wife!

+ Reply to Thread