+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678

Thread: CBS Stacked the Deck.

Organizing my sock drawer RBmumsie's Avatar
    Gotta say that Lynn Spillman's answer sounds like hogwash to me. The same sort of people always apply for Survivor, so they have to go outside and recruit to find "characters"? Then the "characters" behave in whatever way they feel will gain them the most screen time? (i.e. Johnny Fairplay). I can see where it makes for good TV, just don't try to tell me it's REALITY!

Maybe Wanda is sour grapes, but I sure as heck wish WANDA had been chosen instead of that twit Kim.
    Well-Behaved Women Seldom Make History...Laurel Thatcher Ulrich

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp
    MB has said before (even thought he denied it at first) is that he's looking for certain "types" of people- the soccer mom, the kind old guy, the obnoxious jerk, etc. So I can see what she's sort of saying there. Maybe people like that aren't fitting their mold of what they want, or they think it's all an act. The one thing about recruiting contestants (JMO, anyway) is that their probably getting the real deal in the interviews and in the audition tapes than from someone who was never approached, was a die hard fan, and would act anyway they wanted just to get on.

But I agree with Qboots, Wanda's just a sore loser and is trying to stir up the pot because she didn't get what she wanted out of the experience. These people act like it's the first time a show's ever recruited before.

Organizing my sock drawer RBmumsie's Avatar
    I know they look for certain "types", but why can't they mix it up some? Or, are they maybe scared to meddle with the "successful mix" that has worked for so many seasons?
    Well-Behaved Women Seldom Make History...Laurel Thatcher Ulrich

Embracing the Inner Geek museumguy's Avatar
    I am not buying the CBS line....if they recruit people and you don't think people in the first two rounds were attractive enough .......you might....I suspect did....but out an open call for models....not one agency but all the usual ones when you want smiling beautiful people.....so they did recruit them ...then made them do casting tapes....its a lawyers answer.....but doesn't hide the fact that MB wants alot of young good looking people wearing very little on the show.....

+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678