+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: CBS Stacked the Deck.

Embracing the Inner Geek museumguy's Avatar
    I am not sure if Wanda realized what she said when she said this on Tv guide.....but.....when I first read this thread....I thought it was a rant on Boob Jobs.....none of my next door neighbors have boob jobs.....but Tv has a different vision of the people next door since 3's company......

A few of the guys could be models and maybe one or two of the ladies....but most of them couldn't even do a shoot for J C Penny's the are so not models....

Man does Wanda look like Ruth Buzzi or what?

I am so wrong about the model posting...considering the source was nutty as a fruit cake didnt help....but I went to Sir Links alot and the home town papers of the following cast members listed them as actual or aspiring models....enough so that the story actually might be true.....Bobby Jon Drinkard, Ashlee Ashby (aspiring in front of the title....meaning the portfolio is a tad short...), Kimberly Mullen, and Ibreham Rahman. Two others may be listed with agencies....given the incompleteness of there bios at sir links..and over all looks....Jennifer Lyon and Jeff Wilson....and if the show girl has an agent....we get the seven people she suggested.....Possible after all.....

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp
    The ones you listed are the obvious ones (especially Bobby Jon, since it says it in his bio) but does that mean they were automatically recruited, regardless of what she says? I'll say no until they come out and say they didn't apply the "normal way". And even so, I don't care. If a bunch of models didn't outlast her, a bunch of other twenty somethings would have.

It doesn't guarantee it....just add some support to the story Wanda told.......turns out there may have been seven people who were listed with modeling agencies which Burnett could have used to change the look of a cast....

FORT Fogey
    I would like to see some proof that these people are models. At least the models on TAR have model pics of them on the net to prove that they're models.

I think most of them say they're models to get on the show. What constitutes "model"? Glamour Shots? I could say I'm a model too, you should see my high school Senior pics and the professional poses I did. Also, it could be true that maybe they ARE models but who says they couldn't be fans of the show and sent in tapes or maybe they went to a casting call, which is what Shawna of Amazon did to get on, so she never had to do a video either.

What does Jeff model? Underwear? Seriously, he has no special look to him or anything, he just has a nice bod. He's a model in the way Rebecca of TAR6 is a model, one of those "fitness models". That is, if he models at all. BTW, if Hayden of TAR6 can be a model, I guess anyone can, so perhaps some of them did some modeling to help pay for college, which is so expensive. Is Kim a model or just considered one the way Nicole of TAR5 was, because she's a pageant girl?

I'm guessing they did cast more pretty people because of the people in Vanuatu who made it far, which made them upset. At least these pretty people all have college degrees and are reasonably smart unlike some of those people on Vanuatu who when watching them made my IQ drop a couple of points every episode. It's bad when I'm correcting a 33 year old's grammar. And irritating. That is yet another reason why I hated the Fat 5.

Last thing, John K, model who's going back to school? Had one of the best attitudes and was the best sport I think I'd ever seen from a booted contestant, ever. Compare that to non-model Sarge's sour grapes TC attitude. I don't think models are bad. All they have is a more "fun" job than the rest of us do.
    Last edited by Lil_Cutie; 02-27-2005 at 02:53 AM.

revenG 4eva
    Not to get too off topic, but I think that neither Wanda nor Jonathan could be labled as "good or bad Survivor players" because neither of them were voted off. They were picked off in a schoolyard pick'em, and whose to say that they couldn't have done a ton of strategizing on Day 3? They may not be good people peoplee, but I don't think that they can be labled as a certain type of "Survivor player."

While the standards are getting lower for accuarcy in local journalism .....three of the above were listed as such by their local papers....which means that they had some credits that the paper could confirm....another one....Ashlee Ashby is listed as an Aspiring by the papers...which means she hasn't had much work as one...just wants to be....I think thats the difference you are talking about...Lil Cutie

Just because you have an agent doesn't make you a working model...

The thing is with models and other such jobs is that they can leave work for 2 months without saying why. Most people with regular office jobs and such can't really say "Hey boss, I'll be back in two months, but don't ask me why, it's a secret" and expect to still have a job when they return. This is why we rarely see those types of people...
    Wrigleys Doublemint Gum....double your pleasure, double your fun!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast