+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: What would you do to prepare?

Quote Originally Posted by Dirk
    Strangely, no one has mentioned writing a lot of songs so you can sing them to the other team members...

I'd learn how to make alcohol from coconuts. Who's going to vote out the guy makin' booze!!!!

Between the Apprentice and Survivor, it seems that the singers are annoying and doom themselves to be cast out early in the game.

Show of hands: Who (besides me) has practical experience with a machete? Might be a skill worth learning! In my salad days, I could go through a three-inch cottonwood with one stroke, but my first attempts were somewhat less efficient (a former co-worker loves to remind me about how it took me several minutes to chop through a 1/2" branch. In my own defense, I was incompetent )
    "The road that is built in hope is more pleasant to the traveler than the road built in despair, even though they both lead to the same destination."
    --Marion Zimmer Bradley

Quote Originally Posted by TellTaleOrange
    1) Basic Survival techniques. Fire building, Fishing, etc.

2) Lots of Mensa Mental Memory and Problems Solving Games. A lot of the games on Survivor are based on some game I saw in the Games Magazine a few years back. I would probably do a lot of these while fatigued from sleep or during an intense workout.

3) Read up on Psychology and Sociology techniques.

4) Strength train and work out for endurance. (Balance and Aerobic)

5) Lots of Piliates and Yoga.

6) Eat eat eat and sleep sleep sleep. =)

7) Oh and Practice on Sims. lol

Edited to Add #7
    I think you have covered it all! No. 4 is crucial and so is balancing yourself psychologically. And . . definitely learn to swim well, get along well with others, and don't let others see your weaknesses.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123