+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 2/17 Premiere: Three for the Price of One

I would like to add my kudos for a job well done. I don't know how you managed to keep track of all the contestants.

There's too much that I liked to quote it all, but I would like to quote the following for its philosophical significance:

Am I the only fan who wants to see players stranded on a hellhole?
    Survivor Hellhole! I am so there.

Quote Originally Posted by phat32
    Is it a sign I've been watching too much reality television if this sends a shiver of excitement dancing down my spine?
    Sadly, you are not alone.

In my notes, I can only identify them as "Pink Top," "Glasses Guy" and "Big Boobs."

I suppose whoever asked Tom doesn't realize that "fireman" means he puts 'em out, not makes 'em. Isn't fire the antithesis of everything that Tom has represented in his professional career (e.g. "no fire")? It's like asking Superman to find Kryptonite.

Jolanda pets a grasshopper on her hand...and pops it in her mouth, citing its value as "protein." If this is that new Atkins diet all the kids are crowing about, I want no part.

Jeff apparently thinks that Survivor takes place in a junior high lunchroom.

Great job, Phat!
    Thanks for a great start to the survivor season.

Coby and Caryn discuss an alliance with Gregg, an idea he's lukewarm to. If they can convince Stephenie and Ashlee to join, they could form the alliance of "People Tired of Other People Who Misspell Their Names All the Time."
    Excellent recap phat! Keep up the good work!
    "I'm telling you - it's a madhouse out there. I feel like Charlton Heston waking up in the field and seeing the chimp on top of the pony." ~ Dennis Miller

Nice recap, I chuckeled over the Nekkid wimmins comment.

I listened to the Survivor live on Friday, it was interesting to hear why they wore what the did, and how they treated the contestants, why they made certain choices and that it took them 20 minutes longer to paddle the canoe on the course than the other team. Jo was very candid about what took place, it was very intersting. Find it on the CBS website.

Thanks for a great recap Phat!

I'm totally bummed to have to say that I missed the opener this season. Once I match the pictures up with the names from you're recap, I'll feel like I was right there with you. Loved the details and the visuals...

(Note: "Fore" is a nautical term meaning "situated toward the bow" [or "the front"], for all you landlubbers. Never let it be said you can't learn anything from watching Star Trek.)
    ...and the informative notes.
    Iím haunted a little this evening by feelings that have no vocabulary and events that should be explained in dimensions of lint rather than words.
    -Richard Brautigan

a jumble of useless facts gracie's Avatar

What would Survivor be without Master of Ceremonies Jeff Probst? Probst stands proudly at the helm of a speedboat, buzzing a chain of tiny Pacific islands smaller than your first apartment.

Wanda the English teacher stands up and belts out a sea shanty, to the bemusement of her fellow crew. Unless this is the first time you've ever seen Survivor, it's obvious that Wanda is sealing her fate.

This is not musical theater. By spontaneously bursting into song and dance during an ordeal of hardship, Wanda will not win the heart of the pirate kinparty.
    Well Phat, I hate to say it, but the islands were bigger than my first apartment since it wasn't big enough to even be a one car garage.

I loved your description of Wanda. First thing mr. gracie said when he saw her was, "She's gone." and that from a man who very seldom watches any reality tv as you well know.

All in all, I loved your recap and I'm really looking forward to reading the rest of the season in your inimitable style. Hats Off!!
    There is no reason for any individual to have a computer in his home. -Ken Olsen

Quote Originally Posted by Newfherder
    That "battleship" was more likely a 2000-ton freighter.
    I stand corrected...

Quote Originally Posted by homeontherange
    No one likes being called a "son of a bitch" on a first meeting, I can tell you that much. This was a hard-won lesson for me after my first meeting with my future father-in-law.
    Actually, of course, he never did call me an SOB, and I'm sorry for saying he did. (Especially since we're shopping for an HDTV together this week. )
    "...Every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things donít always soften the bad things, but...the bad things donít always spoil the good things." - The Doctor

Hmm, I wonder who in the Koror brain trust is going to get the blame for the really dumb move of going to another island. What did they think was going to be there? A ready made hut??? Better to chose the hell you know....

I have always wondered why nobody ever bothered to learn how to make a fire in all these episodes. I'll give you a hint, bright sun, someones eyeglasses, kindling. Guess thats way too hard. Maybe the producers consider that cheating but it would be my first thought.

Anyway, great recap phat!!!!!!!!

It's difficult to make out what 19 different voices are saying when they're all talking at once, so it sounds like "[mumble mumble] paddle." This means, I suppose, "Hey, Greg Louganis--sit your ass down and grab an oar."

What an introduction! No one likes being called a "son of a bitch" on a first meeting, I can tell you that much. This was a hard-won lesson for me after my first meeting with my future father-in-law.

As an example, I am trying to tell you about some of the braver souls on board who surrendered their oars and headed fore of the boat. In my notes, I can only identify them as "Pink Top," "Glasses Guy" and "Big Boobs."

This is not musical theater. By spontaneously bursting into song and dance during an ordeal of hardship, Wanda will not win the heart of the pirate king or make the flying car come back to life.

After a few strokes, Stephenie seems to realize she's made a mistake. She asks if she can return to the boat. The others laugh. So I guess that's a passive-aggressive no.

Wouldn't it have been easier if Probst had simply brought the Sorting Hat?

Jeff cautions Ulong against Koror attacks involving gossip and hearsay to cause them to doubt one another and their unity as a tribe. Jeff apparently thinks that Survivor takes place in a junior high lunchroom.
    Excelleny job, phat.
    You started the season off in great style

No one likes being called a "son of a bitch" on a first meeting, I can tell you that much. This was a hard-won lesson for me after my first meeting with my future father-in-law.

This is not musical theater. By spontaneously bursting into song and dance during an ordeal of hardship, Wanda will not win the heart of the pirate king or make the flying car come back to life.

Big Boobs and Other Guy Make a Break for It

nekkid wimmins

Wouldn't it have been easier if Probst had simply brought the Sorting Hat?
    Fantastic recap, Phat! You've set a high standard for the rest of the season.
    It's such a fine line between stupid, and clever. -- David St. Hubbins

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123