+ Reply to Thread
Page 33 of 33 FirstFirst ... 2324252627282930313233

Thread: 2/17 Premiere Show Discussion **Spoilers**

FORT Newbie
    She was a strong woman, perhaps too strong.
    I don't know why so many people describe Jolinda's personality as "strong"? To me being overly domineering and bossy in inappropriate circumstances is more likely a sign of some weakness than strength of personality. Over compensating perhaps, in unfamiliar surroundings? People with truly 'strong' personalities I'd suggest don't have to use so much force to get their way.

I think they opted for the new camp thinking that it might have some advantages over the one they knew (trying to double guess what the studio was up to maybe). We perhaps still don't know about this yet.

I think Jonathan got canned just because Willard got saved. There was nothing specifically wrong with him. I was thinking at the time just how unfair it would have been to Willard as the older guy to not have anyone save him just because of his age, what was the point of having him there in the first place? Jonathan cracked me up with his comment about how he thought he would have been picked earlier than this. Reality is harsh.

I am truly indebted and give my thanks to the people who voted Wanda off. Consider it proven, cringe-worthy singing fails as a Survivor strategy.

PS Angie should have replaced one of her piercings with a fish hook. And if she could have just smuggled in some line....

PPS Quote "I am quite good at swimming". Priviously jumped into water and breast stroked in attempt to beat boat.....

Quote Originally Posted by Dirk
    I don't know why so many people describe Jolinda's personality as "strong"? To me being overly domineering and bossy in inappropriate circumstances is more likely a sign of some weakness than strength of personality. Over compensating perhaps, in unfamiliar surroundings? People with truly 'strong' personalities I'd suggest don't have to use so much force to get their way.
    I don't think they mean strong in the same way you are describing. Usually when somebody talks about a contestant having a strong personality, they mean somebody who talks loud, tries to take over the team and make decisions, just imposing his/her personality onto the others. Basically strong means somebody we notice on TV because that person can be yelling and/or bossy.
    Wrigleys Doublemint Gum....double your pleasure, double your fun!

Coby/Angie situation

I was thinking about why Coby didn't pick Angie during the tribal selections and realized it may be a brilliant move. One guy and one girl were going to get booted, Coby had to think Wanda was not going to get picked (that's certainly what I thought -- did anyone think Wanda was going to get picked?) which means Angie was safe. By having the two of them on different tribes gives them both the best chance to fly under the radar and not get voted out prior to the tribes being merged. If they were both on one tribe there's less chance that both of them would survive to that point.

+ Reply to Thread