+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Jeff Probst in Entertainment Weekly

Jeff Probst in Entertainment Weekly

Haven't seen anyone remarking on this article in the Feb 11th Entertainment Weekly (the one with Green Day on the cover). In it, Jeff rates all the Survivor seasons, from best (season 1, Borneo) to worst (season 5, Thailand). Lots of interesting tidbits in the article. We learn for instance, that though Johnny Fairplay is a favorite villian of Probst's, he also finds him, on a personal level, to be "an absolute jackass" who is "banned from any event" that Probst is at. Jeff also claims to support the Kel smuggling beef jerkey theory, and states that "someone" was caught smuggling "something" in a certain body orifice "prison style". ( I'm gonna guess either the aforementioned Johnny FP, or, I dunno, how about Heidi? What the object was, I can't imagine - your thoughts?). Anyway some interesting reading for the Survivor fan...

Um, that makes me wonder if they are doing body cavity searches . . .

Quote Originally Posted by kungfuhippie
    "someone" was caught smuggling "something" in a certain body orifice "prison style". ( I'm gonna guess either the aforementioned Johnny FP, or, I dunno, how about Heidi? What the object was, I can't imagine - your thoughts?). Anyway some interesting reading for the Survivor fan...
    There was a rumor that during All-Stars, Richard Hatch brought his own matches. Use your imagination!

Quote Originally Posted by Lucy van Pelt
    Um, that makes me wonder if they are doing body cavity searches . . .
    Apparently so...Be warned if you're thinking of applying!

I remember Jeff doing interviews before season 7 Pearl Islands even started, and he was saying how he really hated JFP. I've never seen him diss any other contestant like that - he really despises Fairplay. Yay Jeff!
    "I'm telling you - it's a madhouse out there. I feel like Charlton Heston waking up in the field and seeing the chimp on top of the pony." ~ Dennis Miller

Here's the link;

http://www.ew.com/ew/report/0,6115,1024612_3_0_,00.html

There's 2 parts to his feelings about JFP ...

Initially he says he really likes JFP

It was actually fun to work with Fairplay on the show because he's a producer's dream. When he shows up drunk or flips somebody off, he's bringing you gold every time. I wish we had a Jonny Fairplay every season.

Then he talks about the post party after Vanuatu

Personally, however, he's an absolute jackass whose actions at the Vanuatu finale after-party pissed me off so much that he's banned from any event that I'm at from now on. I'm done with Jonny Fairplay.
    Everyone has a photographic memory. Some just don't have film.- Steven Wright

Quote Originally Posted by kungfuhippie
    We learn for instance, that though Johnny Fairplay is a favorite villian of Probst's, he also finds him, on a personal level, to be "an absolute jackass" who is "banned from any event" that Probst is at.
    I knew I loved Jeff.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

I heard on an interview he did on the Bob and Tom show that Fairplay was the only one Jeff ever wanted to smack in the face as hard as he could. There is no love lost there, and I would pay money to see that happen
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!" -- Steve Parker

Help feed a dog or cat http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/c...s/CTDSites.woa

Quote Originally Posted by Ilikai
    I heard on an interview he did on the Bob and Tom show that Fairplay was the only one Jeff ever wanted to smack in the face as hard as he could. There is no love lost there, and I would pay money to see that happen
    Does anyone know what JFP actually did at the Vanuatu party that makes Jeff hate him so much?

On TES

Said Probst, "Here is the thing with Johnny Fairplay. It becomes personal. On the show, Johnny Fairplay is a home run. I wish we could have that guy on every season. To his credit, he knew what we wanted and he gave it to us.

"Off the show, never cared to see the guy again. That actually is who he is. He is an idiot. You know what? You have to be respectful if you're the host of a show talking about people because they don't have a microphone any more and I do, and I'm aware of that, but with Fairplay. I don't care."
    Everyone has a photographic memory. Some just don't have film.- Steven Wright

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast