+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567

Thread: Wanda

JR.
    She's delusional, it was the singing. And "eliminated unfairly"? Uh, has she watched the show before?

I totally agree, JR.

Now, her idea about a "losers" survivor sounds interesting.....
    "You don't own a TV?!? What's all your furniture pointed at?" Joey Tribianni

It's not who you are underneath, but what you do that defines you.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp
    Has she been living under a rock? This isn't the first time Survivor (or any other reality show) has recruited people, and I'm sure it won't be the last. Plus, they could have gone to a casting call, which isn't the same thing really as being recruited. Regardless of how well she did in the challenges, I still think she would have been gone by the third episode, unless she got really lucky. And I find it funny that they ask her about her singing, yet she goes off on how people were casted by modeling agencies. I don't see what one has to do with the other. Oh, and as for casting eye candy? Personally, I don't want to watch a season full of Coby's, Willard's, and Wanda's. I like the diversity. And I would consider Brady eye candy, and she brought him up.

As for a loser's Survivor, I wouldn't be against it, but she wouldn't be one of my first choices to bring back.

Wanda said "Before that, there was Lil and she was just stupid. I wanted to be both intelligent and strong."

I can agree with her that Lil was stupid. But so was she. If she wanted to be "intelligent and strong" she would've kept her yap shut and not started singing before they even hit the shore. It doesn't matter how attractive the other players are if you can't read them and adapt - notice the look on Willards face, he wants to go upside your head with the oar - you're not going far in the game.
    "There is much pleasure to be gained from useless knowledge." B. Russell

FORT Fogey

Interesting facts about Wanda

http://entertainment.iwon.com/celebg...24_2005_2.html

Survivor's Jolanda Stays Strong
    by Angel Cohn

TV Guide.com: How did you stand out for Survivor's casting folks?
    Jolanda Jones: In all the interviews, Jeff Probst tried to pick fights with me. We always disagreed.

TVG: Were you drawn to Survivor as a fan?
    Jolanda: I'm not a big TV person because I don't have time. I am a single parent and I am self-employed, but if I was at home on a Thursday night, it is a show that I would watch. I used to be really good in track...

TVG: Good? You are too humble. You almost made it to the Olympics.
    Jolanda: I got hurt at the trials, but I was a national champion in 1989. I met my ex-husband [back then] and fell in love with him. He was an abusive man, so I retired at 23 because he forced me to. My son would hear stories about how good I used to be, so I just wanted to compete at something. Plus, I thought it would be the vacation of a lifetime that I didn't have to pay for.

TVG: At least you got a little bit of R and R out of the deal.
    Jolanda: Right, and my kid got to see me win individual immunity.

TVG: Who would you have rather seen voted off instead of you?
    Jolanda: [Nobody, but] if I could have changed places with somebody, I would have let Wanda come in my spot.

TVG: Why Wanda?
    Jolanda: [Tearing up] Because I think she had way more sincere personal reasons for playing the game than I did. For me, it was just a game. For her, it was a way to show people that she was worthy, because her husband left her when she was 50. She had dedicated her entire life to him and her family, and then he left her for another woman. Most women at 50 can't recuperate from that. I would have traded places with her in a second. I offered to give her my buff when I got voted off, because she was so upset that she didn't get to play the game.

TVG: So you weren't that upset about losing?
    Jolanda: It just was not that serious for me. I won the first challenge, but it was a game. It was hard, but for me... I've faced death. I came home from [the Houston] Astrodome and there was a dead body outside of the house. That is serious to me. If this was a way for Wanda to show the world that she wasn't this old person that people didn't think could do anything, then I would have exchanged places with her faster than you can blink your eye. You know, the great thing about Wanda is that she wouldn't take my buff. She refused to take the damned thing. She is my friend for life.

TVG: Advice for future Survivors?
    Jolanda: Have thick skin. Some people will try to define you by what you did on Survivor. I think it is really unfortunate that it might happen. Have a good sense of self. I definitely knew there was a chance I'd get voted off first because I was a threat. People tell me every single solitary day of my life, "Jo, you are just intimidating."

TVG: You previously said you knew you were bossy, but you wouldn't tone down your personality.
    Jolanda: I don't know that I would use "bossy" to describe myself. I would use "confident" to describe myself. But when you look at where I came from, if [I didn't] have my personality, I'd be dead or in prison or a crackhead, like so many people in my family. So given the choices, I much prefer to lead than to follow.

TVG: Are you keeping up your old track-and-field workouts?
    Jolanda: Whatever! I retired in 1989, with the very small exception of coming out of retirement for five months in 1996, so no. I have a real life. I don't have time to be running around no track.

I've never thought Wanda was a bad person- being a teacher and foster mother to so many children (and it looks like she's pretty involved with the school) made me think a lot of her. But had she been picked and lasted long enough to show everyone what she was made of, my opinion still wouldn't have changed. It's part of the game, and if it wasn't her, it would have been someone else. She may have been a more positive person to be around...but the first thing I think of when I think of her is the singing.

I figured she would have thought she was screwed when they announced they were going to do the tribe pick. But watching her insider video (they made those things long enough) she was surprised that she wasn't picked.

Quote Originally Posted by karalott
    insider video (they made those things long enough)
    Speak for yourself, I wish they were HOURS long. But perhaps I'm just an addict...

For once, I'd like to see a season that had ONLY contestants that have a burning desire to play Survivor, like Wanda, Rob Cesternino (Amazon). If it was "just a game" to someone, I want their butt GONE Day 1 (Osten).

*begins searching for the Wanda fan club*

Wanda was annoying. i'm so happy they pick Angie over her.
    If it's 0 degrees and it's going to be twice as cold tommorrow, how cold would it be?

Quote Originally Posted by Healblade
    Speak for yourself, I wish they were HOURS long. But perhaps I'm just an addict...

For once, I'd like to see a season that had ONLY contestants that have a burning desire to play Survivor, like Wanda, Rob Cesternino (Amazon). If it was "just a game" to someone, I want their butt GONE Day 1 (Osten).

*begins searching for the Wanda fan club*
    Don't get me wrong, I'm all for extra footage (that was my biggest gripe with the DVD's) but why not divide it up? For the preview vids for TAR7, they have them separated into 2 videos.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaaam
    She kinda resembles a messed up Alice Brady
    If she does all the cleaning for the tribe then I am going to trip out.
    I think I am watching too much Nick at Nite
    That's who she reminded me of; Alice on The Brady Bunch. You know she also looks like Ruth Buzzi -
    Last edited by BBfan; 02-26-2005 at 07:56 PM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567