+ Reply to Thread
Page 64 of 65 FirstFirst ... 14545556575859606162636465 LastLast
Results 631 to 640 of 649

Thread: Stephenie

  1. #631
    Snoozin' on the beach
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    3,918

    interview

    Steph Oh So Close
    by Tara Merrin
    Calgary Sun Interview- 12.15.05


    The former Survivor Palau cast-off, who was given a second chance at $1 million US on Survivor Guatemala, got all the way to the final two this season, making her the longest playing Survivor in the game’s history.

    On Sunday, she was awarded $100,000 US after coming in second behind winner Danni Boatwright.

    While LaGrossa says she’s not surprised she lost, she is shocked only one of her former teammates (Rafe Judkins) voted for her.

    “There were only two people on the jury who really backstabbed by me, so I figured I (ticked) two people off, but, at the same time, there’s five other people,” says LaGrossa, who believes her enemies on the jury turned the rest against her.

    “When I was on the jury in Palau, I didn’t have a conversation with anyone nor did I know who anyone else was voting for. This time I think they all talked about it … and one bad seed can spoil the bunch.”

    Whatever went down behind the scenes, LaGrossa says CBS has confirmed this season’s jury was one of the most hostile.

    “People I’ve talked to who work on the show said they haven’t seen such a bitter jury since All Stars and I believe it. They were really mad.”

    Although LaGrossa admits she did turn on a few of her former friends in order to get further in the game, she’s still the nice person Survivor fans grew to love on Survivor Palau, she says.

    “I’m still that girl.

    “They just have to edit it, I think, for the place you come in.”

    And, despite how it looked on TV, she says there are no hard feeling between her and her former ally Judd Sergeant.

    “We’re fine. He knows it’s a game. And I did apologize to him because I did feel bad for voting him off.”
    Of course the season she loses, the jury had to have talked , but not in palua. She is really reaching to rationalize being bested by Danni, and with her own storyline from palua of being outnumbered. Judd and jamie were resentful and not voting for her but to say they influenced everyone elses vote is an insult to the other jury members. Steph, the others can think and see for themselves who played the better game, and it wasn't you. Just read the red carpet interviews to know why Gary and BJ voted Danni and it had nothing to with resentment. Neither did Lydia, she tells exactly why she voted Danni in another interview and in SL interview.

    She is a legend in her own mind and is now making a bigger ass of herself than Judd did in her interviews. She really is bitter that she lost fair and square and is trying to make it look like some kind of conspiracy.

  2. #632
    FORT Fogey Tigerusty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Greater Los Angeles
    Age
    53
    Posts
    2,438
    Quote Originally Posted by Shady64 View Post
    Of course the season she loses, the jury had to have talked , but not in palua. She is really reaching to rationalize being bested by Danni, and with her own storyline from palua of being outnumbered. Judd and jamie were resentful and not voting for her but to say they influenced everyone elses vote is an insult to the other jury members. Steph, the others can think and see for themselves who played the better game, and it wasn't you. Just read the red carpet interviews to know why Gary and BJ voted Danni and it had nothing to with resentment. Neither did Lydia, she tells exactly why she voted Danni in another interview and in SL interview.

    She is a legend in her own mind and is now making a bigger ass of herself than Judd did in her interviews. She really is bitter that she lost fair and square and is trying to make it look like some kind of conspiracy.
    It seemed to me that the interview was about why she only got 1 vote when she expected more (I personally thought she would at least get Cindy's and Lydia's) not why she lost. It didn't come off to me as her being bitter at all just her trying to explain what might have happened for her not to get those votes.
    "So, what is fame? It's lightening that strikes some people. It's lightening that some people seek." Jewel

  3. #633
    FORT Fan julitta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    kissing frogs at legend lake
    Posts
    254
    Quote Originally Posted by Tigerusty View Post
    It seemed to me that the interview was about why she only got 1 vote when she expected more (I personally thought she would at least get Cindy's and Lydia's) not why she lost. It didn't come off to me as her being bitter at all just her trying to explain what might have happened for her not to get those votes.
    i totally agree. i see nothing bitter in that interview either. and judd and rafe both have said they wanted to take steph to f2 because they figured they could beat her due to resentment of this being her second shot, and because she was a power player in that alliance. lydia also says she would have taken steph for the same reason in the survivor live interview. and on the subject of lydia, although she gives good reasons for voting for danni, she also said she wouldn't have voted for rafe if he had been in the f2, because she had been loyal to him and steph the whole game, and they booted her. sounds like she's admitting to being a bit bitter. i don't know if steph would have won if the jury had not been bitter, but i don't think it would have been the blow out that it was. i think if cbs, jeff probst, and some of the survivors themselves are saying it was a bitter jury, it was a bitter jury. they would know better then us, don't ya think? they are not saying danni should not have won, she played a great game. they are just saying steph didn't have a prayer even though she also played a great game. i think the steph hate is making some as delusional as judd.

  4. #634
    Snoozin' on the beach
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    3,918
    it's just more of the same MO Steph has been using for 2 seasons. My tribe sucks, they don't know what a pick was, I was outnumbered etc. latch onto any excuse, no matter how ridiculous. She's played the blame game way too many times. Judd and jamie were bitter, there's not doubt about it, but the others? No way was BJ and Gary bitter at all. I have no idea about Cindy, there haven't been any interviews with her. I didn't see the specific part of the SL with Lydia mentioning what you said. Her other interview she goes on and on with how impressed she was with Danni. If there was any resentment of being booted from her, it would play a small part in her decision. Of course Stephs answer to Lydia in Final TC was absolutly stupid. If she was ever on the fence (and I don't think she was) being basically told by Steph that she was useless in FTC would have been the final push.

    She's bitter all right, can't even give Danni her due.
    Last edited by Shady64; 12-15-2005 at 02:57 PM.

  5. #635
    FORT Fan julitta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    kissing frogs at legend lake
    Posts
    254
    Quote Originally Posted by Shady64 View Post
    it's just more of the same MO Steph has been using for 2 seasons. My tribe sucks, they don't know what a pick was, I was outnumbered etc. latch onto any excuse, no matter how ridiculous. She's played the blame game way too many times. Judd and jamie were bitter, there's not doubt about it, but the others? No way was BJ and Gary bitter at all. I have no idea about Cindy, there haven't been any interviews with her. I didn't see the specific part of the SL with Lydia mentioning what you said. Her other interview she goes on and on with how impressed she was with Danni. If there was any resentment of being booted from her, it would play a small part in her decision. Of course Stephs answer to Lydia in Final TC was absolutly stupid. If she was ever on the fence (and I don't think she was) being basically told by Steph that she was useless in FTC would have been the final push.

    She's bitter all right, can't even give Danni her due.
    i have seen two interviews now where she does give danni her due. she says danni played a great game, and was a tough competitor. and danni says the same about her. they also say they are good friends, and talk to each other often. i don't think danni would be friends with her if steph was running around saying she didn't deserve to win. and i think thats what you are taking the wrong way. steph is not saying she should have won over danni, she is saying why she thinks she only got one vote. can you give steph her due? and admit although they had two different strategies, they were both good players? and if the jury hadn't been bitter it might have been a much closer vote? (with danni still winning of course)

  6. #636
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Austin, Texas
    Posts
    1,868
    If Steph is confused about losing 6-1 all she has to do is look back to her alliance of 6. They sat around smugly talking about taking out the other players until they were the final 6 while at the same time making inner alliances within the group about who to get rid of after that. Other than with Lydia they all seemed to have little deals with each other about final 4, final 3 and final 2. A setup for disaster.

  7. #637
    Crystal Allen
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Posts
    520

    Steph and jury

    Hasn't it been reported a couple of places that the jury is not permitted to discuss voting?

    Steph is such a sore loser, she has every manner of excuse for why she lost. She forgets that the whole premise of Survivor is TWOFOLD. Part one is voting others off, and part two is getting jury votes. Saying that she could only get to F2 but could not get votes means she didn't play a good game. If they other suvivors' problems with her were that she'd played before, she would have been voted out earlier. She can't say that she had a target on her back yet somehow made it all the way to F2, and THEN didn't get jury votes because she'd played before and by they way, they were all jealous of her and weren't as awesome as she was.

    What i hate the most is that everything always comes back to the greatness of Steph. She didn't not get votes because nobody liked her, but rather because they hated how strong she was.

  8. #638
    FORT Fogey Tigerusty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Greater Los Angeles
    Age
    53
    Posts
    2,438
    In every interview I've read and seen she seemed pretty gracious in defeat to me and talks about how Danni played a good and that they are good friends.
    "So, what is fame? It's lightening that strikes some people. It's lightening that some people seek." Jewel

  9. #639
    Easter Bunnies! Passepartout's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Loving, Godly Person!
    Age
    39
    Posts
    478
    Quote Originally Posted by Tigerusty View Post
    In every interview I've read and seen she seemed pretty gracious in defeat to me and talks about how Danni played a good and that they are good friends.
    Yeah she seems that way to me too!
    I couldn't agree with you more!

  10. #640
    FORT Newbie
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    14
    I think Steph should have won. Danni played a great game, but Steph was even better. She was more persuasive and took more initiative. However even if she lost it should have been closer than it was, a 4-3 loss, or atleast a 5-2. I see her reasoning, they were bitter. However it is possably not due to what Jamie and Judd told the others. She did mislead Cindy, Lydia, and to an extent Bobby Jon(remember her telling him they were voting somebody else off with certainty, and before that telling him they were voting off somebody other than Brandon with certainty). Gary is the only who didnt vote for her, who she did not screw over somewhat.
    You have to do that to succeed in the game, but it is a risk, there is no way to play a game without putting yourself at risk in some way, there is no easy or certain path to winning this game, even if you do everything arguably right.

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.