+ Reply to Thread
Page 62 of 65 FirstFirst ... 125253545556575859606162636465 LastLast

Thread: Stephenie

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp
    Quote Originally Posted by Oceansands View Post
    I have my doubts about Burnette. Bringing back former survivors is not a crowd pleaser. Seems Burnette is determined to keep repeating this practice regardless of what viewers want. The producers tend to make the whole show the former whoever show. It gets old. I liked Steph the first go around but find her tiring and boring the second go around. It reminds me of the Rob and Amber show. These people don't seem to realize they are just boring. Certinately not the big stars they think they are.
    And that's the one thing I hate about cross casting or bringing back former's. In contrast, Bobby Jon seemed like a new contestant, considering his airtime vs. Steph's. And Romber was the primary reason that TAR7 is my second to least favorite. It wasn't so much them being cast, but turning it into "Rob/Amber's TAR" (oh, and all these other guys). That, and the whining and moaning from the other contestants about them. Say what you will about them casting BB's Alison, but I doubt TAR5 would have been the Alison show.

But I guess you can say the producers are smart for doing this. Love them or hate them, look at how much attention Steph has gotten for Survivor and Romber for TAR

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by Marleybone View Post
    I'm getting in line behind you Q. This is the first Survivor that I have watched and I still don't like Steph. Every time I look at their pictures at the top of this page I swear that they just put a wig on Blake or maybe the two of them are twins.

OMG you are so right about the wig on Blake.

I'm not a Steph fan but if she pulls out a win, she deserves it.

Quote Originally Posted by Krom View Post
    But short of his hissy fit over Cindy's car choice, he's mostly been far more mature than most of the older ones.
    I don't know...Rafe has made a few comments that make me think he's a bit more manipulative than we're usually shown. Although I think Rafe's initial reaction was his honest one (ie: "it didn't occur to me not to give everyone a car"), I also think he sort of played it up to the others afterwards as a means of justifying giving Cindy the boot. Playing on their own feelings of jelousy and entitlement for his own ends, if you will.

Of course, maybe I'm giving him too much credit; I'm a sucker for smart folk....

Meanwhile, I think Steph made another mistake by getting on board the "dump Cindy" wagon, although without the addition of Lydia's support there wan't much she could do, so maybe it was strictly a political vote. Regardless, she doesn't appear to be playing a very strategic game.

I still like her, though, but I don't think she can win it.
    Last edited by gaebolga; 12-09-2005 at 11:46 AM.

FORT Newbie
    I'm not a Steph fan but if she pulls out a win, she deserves it.
    It would be nothing short of a miracle. She lost this million dollars back in Palau, and realistically was always playing for second. Even Judd seems acutely aware:

TVGuide.com: Do you think you would have had a chance?

Judd: Absolutely. This is her second time playing the game. I'd loved to have gone to the final two with her. I would have done anything to take her to the final two. That, to me, would have been a nice victory.

Ann Markley: my top model Astridr's Avatar
    After this episode I remember why I liked Steph. She shows respect for a good competition and she was the first to clap and be happy for Cindy for winning the car. She encouraged Cindy not to feel bad any more and to "be happy" which is what Steph would have done.
    So though she didnt win it, she wanted Cindy to be happy about it and stuck up for her. Rafe really annoyed me last night and im not psyched about seeing Steph voting out whoever Rafe suggests. Jamie & Judd included

FORT Newbie
    Steph should have worked hard to get rid of Danni or Rafe. I do believe Lydia would have sided with her. Danni and Rafe have a strong bond, and will likely stay together now. Lydia just goes with the bigger group to protect herself, she has no backbone, so if Danni and Rafe make her an offer she will take it, and vote off Steph. Of course Lydia herself will be gone next, barring the miracle of her winning final immunity. Steph has played an amazing game, but made a fatal mistake by voting off Cindy. She also has made too many enemies on the jury, I doubt she will win even if she somehow makes it to the end, which she could by winning the final 2 immunities. No way Judd, Jamie, Cindy, will vote for her right now, since they probably all blame her over all others for their elimination. She would need all of the others votes, and atleast one of Rupert, Gary, and the other two, would cast their vote elsewhere.

From time to time I lose sight of the fact that it's the producers who are creating the characters through editing.

Last time Steph's character was the winner who lost ... so a lot of people liked her, pitied her, felt she didn't get a "fair" chance ... whatever. Last time she seemed, via editing, to have a lot of "heart".

I don't like Steph this time around ... but I do believe it was a production decision to level the field for ALL the viewers by editing her this time as Queen Stephy McNasty.

Yes .. I know that they can't put in something someone didn't say or do ... thus all the previous semantics uproar about her calling Bobby Jon gay and retarded ... but for all we know ... the whole tribe chanted it with her and they left that out.

While I don't like the cast recycling concept ... I think it's a device the producers used to illustrate the difference in the progress of the 2 bring-backs ... but primarily to foster resentment and the perception in the new Survivors as well as the viewing audience that a re-tread is not "worthy" of a win and thus is beatable. It's working.

To her credit, Stephanie has taken strategic advantage of the "odds against her", and NOW, when it's important has managed to step up and win an immunity, complete with what I see as crocodile tears about finally winning something, which she has thus far failed to do. Interesting way to distract from her ability to win in the F3 challenge.

While I do hope Steph is denied her quest for second place money ... I do realize that in real life, she isn't necessarily the person who we see as the Survivor character.
    Last edited by echo226; 12-09-2005 at 05:05 PM.
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

CCL
    Quote Originally Posted by Astridr View Post
    After this episode I remember why I liked Steph. She shows respect for a good competition and she was the first to clap and be happy for Cindy for winning the car. She encouraged Cindy not to feel bad any more and to "be happy" which is what Steph would have done.
    So though she didnt win it, she wanted Cindy to be happy about it and stuck up for her. Rafe really annoyed me last night and im not psyched about seeing Steph voting out whoever Rafe suggests. Jamie & Judd included
    I thought it was nice of Stephenie to be happy for Cindy. Personally, I would have given my tribemates the cars so I understand why Rafe & Danni were thinking that way. But, if I were on the tribe, I wouldn't have held it against Cindy that she chose to keep the car - she won it fair and square and she wasn't obligated to give up her prize.

Before I said that I didn't think that Rafe was duplicitous enough to be pulling Steph's strings. I totally take that back now. It seems like he is the one with the power as evidenced by the vote last night. I thought Stephenie would be calling the shots more than she has been doing.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

PWS
    FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by crazyboy26 View Post
    Steph should have worked hard to get rid of Danni or Rafe. I do believe Lydia would have sided with her. Danni and Rafe have a strong bond, and will likely stay together now. Lydia just goes with the bigger group to protect herself, she has no backbone, so if Danni and Rafe make her an offer she will take it, and vote off Steph. Of course Lydia herself will be gone next, barring the miracle of her winning final immunity. Steph has played an amazing game, but made a fatal mistake by voting off Cindy. She also has made too many enemies on the jury, I doubt she will win even if she somehow makes it to the end, which she could by winning the final 2 immunities. No way Judd, Jamie, Cindy, will vote for her right now, since they probably all blame her over all others for their elimination. She would need all of the others votes, and atleast one of Rupert, Gary, and the other two, would cast their vote elsewhere.
    Rupert's back again??? A 3-peat!

To her credit, Steph seems to realize she is piling up enemies on the jury...but she lets Rafe talk her into adding another one. Maybe she's really playing for 2nd all along and realizes this makes her ever more desirable as a F2 partner?

+ Reply to Thread