+ Reply to Thread
Page 57 of 65 FirstFirst ... 747484950515253545556575859606162636465 LastLast

Thread: Stephenie

FORT Regular
    I have about had it with Stephanie after the last episode. Putting aside the fact that it is totally unfair to other contestants that she got another chance to be on Survivor as far as I am concerend she turned out to be nothing more then a garden variety bully last episode. That little tirade she went on about the people smashing her pot was flat out sad. What was she going to do beat somebody up? Lol Lady this isnt gradeschool. I would have been rolling my eyes like crazy at that ridiculous tantrum. She is a prime example of an attractive, successful person that has no self awareness and who always believes they are in the right because most people have kissed there behinds there entire life. I am not knocking attractive successful people because of course not everyone is like that. But I think we all know the type I am referring to that let all the compliments they have recieved over the years get to there heads to the point where they are just the greatest thing to ever come down the pike as far as they are concerned.
    Last edited by Toasteroven1973; 11-28-2005 at 03:26 PM.

I am really surprised at the people on this board that don't like Stephenie, she is still the most" popular" on the CBS wedsite. She did take about a 3 point hit recently.
    Stephenie 29.53%
    Gary 19.14%
    Bobby Jon 17.04%

Stephenie still has a pretty big lead. I'm pretty sure everyone is watching the same show......
    Can't help it, I like her.

Quote Originally Posted by Noreen View Post
    Stephenie still has a pretty big lead. I'm pretty sure everyone is watching the same show......
    Small typo error...I think you hit the "l" key instead of the "h" key
    Stephanie still has a pretty big head
    leave the gun...take the canolis - The Godfather

I am really surprised at the people on this board that don't like Stephenie, she is still the most" popular" on the CBS wedsite. She did take about a 3 point hit recently.
    Stephenie 29.53%
    Gary 19.14%
    Bobby Jon 17.04%

Yeah, we're all watching the same show. Her popularity went from 45% to 25%. That's a huge drop. She lost half her support. And Bobby John has been ahead of her in popularity for the last 2 episodes. Not sure where you got your numbers.

And really, it says more about the lameness of the other contestants than about her likeablity. With only 7 left 3 can't even get higher than 2.5%. Heck, Brandon who was booted long ago is more popular than 2 of the final 6.

I wonder what her results would be if they were rated rather than just who is most popular. I'd guess she'd be much lower.

I got the numbers from the top three poll results on the site, a few minutes before I posted. (when I looked fri. she was at 32%)
    Yes, I know she is sliding downhill, her behavior has been a little cocky lately.

ETA: Zaaam, that was funny.....

Quote Originally Posted by Zaaam View Post
    Small typo error...I think you hit the "l" key instead of the "h" key
    Stephanie still has a pretty big head

Too funny! But SOOOOOOOOOOO true!

I got the numbers from the top three poll results on the site, a few minutes before I posted. (when I looked fri. she was at 32%)
    Yes, I know she is sliding downhill, her behavior has been a little cocky lately.
    Ah, I see it now. Interesting that she starts out big and then slides down. I wonder if this is typical or if she really will go up this week. Find it hard to believe that last week's episode made her more popular.

FORT Fogey
    Steph's drop in popularity on the poll is not necessarily suggesting anything negative. When the show began, there was really no other option, since we didn't know anyone else (except Bobby Jon, who only got brought back thanks to Steph). Now as people have gotten to know others, they've dug into her lead. I was surprised Bobby Jon got so popular after being such a jackass with Jamie, but considering how hated Jamie is, maybe it's not so surprising. With Bobby Jon and Gary both out, she may start to go up rather than down now, though.

Snoozin' on the beach
    CBS website is notoriously unreliable, any interenet poll is for that matter. Anyone can vote as many times as they want. My 3 nieces voted for her 25 times each Thansgiving morning and they are only casual fans. Plus alot of people don't even go to that website or even vote.

It wasn't an accurate reflection when she was high and it wasn't an accurate reflection when it was BJ, Danni and Gary as the top 3 a day before Thanksgiving. Looking at 3 or 4 Survivor forums around the net will tell you all you need to know how so many people dislike her now

FORT Fogey
    The polls while not an exact representation are generally a good measurement. The only exception I can think of would be in the event where the people online know something the general audience doesn't, such as Big Brother with the live feeds.

CBS is able to track who voted when. Anyone voting multiple times is just wasting their time.

For every person on message boards that hates Steph, there's still someone who loves her... or at least likes her best of this lot. Granted, the tendency on message boards is when people feel strongly about something (good and especially bad), they get overzealous and say it over and over and over again and feed off each other, thus making message boards an unreliable gauge.

+ Reply to Thread