+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 65 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819202161 ... LastLast

Thread: Stephenie

~FO SCHIZZLE ALL THE WAY~ SwiffyPortillo's Avatar
    Well, actually IIRC I think she and Bobby Jon agreed to make it a tie vote the first round and then both vote for James in round two so Stephenie really didn't break any promises.
    "Greg talks into a coconut and thinks it's a phone,"- Colleen Haskell, 'SURVIVOR: BORNEO'.

Snoozin' on the beach
    Quote Originally Posted by SwiffyPortillo
    Well, actually IIRC I think she and Bobby Jon agreed to make it a tie vote the first round and then both vote for James in round two so Stephenie really didn't break any promises.
    I really don't care if she kept her word or not, its part of the game to lie and break your word. Doesn't bother me in the least. To me, it makes no sense at all to vote that way and is actually pretty stupid. Logically, what purpose does it serve to even agree before hand to cause a tie? The one thing, ONE THING everyone who has ever watched the show knows for sure is you are NEVER safe, ever. People lie, side deal, backstab and whatnot. No matter which 2 of the 4 Ulong left that made a side deal, should be agreeing to vote for the SAME person the first time. How does BJ know Ibe isn't playing him and might turn around and vote for him? James could vote for BJ too (or both for steph). BJ and Steph "splitting the votes" is such a huge, huge, huge risk for both of them. They better hope and pray that at least Ibe or James (or both) is keeping his word. That's a pretty big risk and unnecessary, just to keep your word to some guy you met 12 days ago and is trying to outfox you out of a million dollars. He's on his way out the door anyway, who cares?Its not playing smart at all. This is exactly why people lose. They do dumb things like try to be fair or keep their word in a game where anything goes and it always comes back to bite them in the butt.

Perfect example is Ami and Leann from last season. Totally believed Twilas "word" on her son and ultimately that was their downfall. Only 2 more to go before we get to the jury, Either BJ or steph will make it to the jury but not both of them (IMO BJ will get to the jury).

your are so right shady

Quote Originally Posted by Shady64
    I really don't care if she kept her word or not, its part of the game to lie and break your word.... This is exactly why people lose. They do dumb things like try to be fair or keep their word in a game where anything goes and it always comes back to bite them in the butt.
    While it's certainly true that lying is an integral part of Survivor, being able to convince others that you're not lying is just as important. In the service of that second goal, Steph's tie vote could be seen as a fairly good move.

Obviously, we'll be finding out in the weeks to come if a) that was her plan and b) if so, how well it worked.

FORT Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by gaebolga
    While it's certainly true that lying is an integral part of Survivor, being able to convince others that you're not lying is just as important.
    Insightful comment.

Really glad that Stephanie is staying on in this game. Together with Bobby Jon. Only if Angie was still here though

From the editing tonight, I really thought that Stephanie will be going. Luckily it was not so. Go on Stephanie! Win some immunity challenges to keep yourself in the game!

~FO SCHIZZLE ALL THE WAY~ SwiffyPortillo's Avatar
    I would have been so pissed off if Stephenie had been booted last night. Unless she can convince some of the Koror's to keep her after the merge, then she's toast.
    "Greg talks into a coconut and thinks it's a phone,"- Colleen Haskell, 'SURVIVOR: BORNEO'.

Not sure if she will but I'd like to see her win. One of the strongest left for sure. I thought she was gonna go last week, glad I was wrong....if she had it would have been a mistake.

I hope there is enough friction in Koror that someone, anyone, decides to use the remaining members of Ulong to their advantage. It's a numbers game and two people can mean alot.

Of course, I don't think it's going to play out like that, but I sure wish it would.
    If you go through a lot of hammers each month, I don't think it necessarily means you're a hard worker.
    It may just mean that you have a lot to learn about proper hammer maintenance.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack_Bauer
    Not sure if she will but I'd like to see her win. One of the strongest left for sure. I thought she was gonna go last week, glad I was wrong....if she had it would have been a mistake.
    I think she may be the strongest female since Kelli went on that win streak in the first Survivor. The only thing she can't do is will her tribe to a win. She has outperformed every male on her tribe on almost everything. I would like to see her win, but she is going to up against a huge number disadvantage if they merge this week.

Steph, in the end, is the deserving Survivor on her tribe.
    The best Player in the conspiring part, the best fighter in the challenges.

If there is a merge next week (surely...) BJ would be easy pickings... an obvious challenge threat to the Koror Guys... and not that smart with the conspiring.

Steph can to the shmoosing, however. She'd hook up with Coby in a second and be accepted with loving arms.

+ Reply to Thread