+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 65 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192060 ... LastLast

Thread: Stephenie

She's an idiot. If the end result was going to be James leaving, she should have done it in the first place. Since he's gone, she didn't need his trust, but she did need BJ's. If I were BJ or Ib, I wouldn't trust her. I think she has done well in challenges, but she's not thinking when she votes. I am sure that she'll be the next to go, assuming that her tribe doesn't win immunity (and does anyone really think that they will at this point?).
    fka kickstand

Can Ya Dig It?

~FO SCHIZZLE ALL THE WAY~ SwiffyPortillo's Avatar
    I think Stephenie was considering the fact that Jiffy Pop Probst had just brought up the Alabama thing and she thought that maybe Bobby Jon and Ibrehem would end up voting for her and she knew James would vote for Ibrehem, so she did too to protect herself just in case. I'm not really sure though. She's still my favorite, but I'm worried about all of her airtime. That's not a good sign on Survivor (unless you're Rupert).
    "Greg talks into a coconut and thinks it's a phone,"- Colleen Haskell, 'SURVIVOR: BORNEO'.

Quote Originally Posted by Swingsongbird
    I think Steph made a very shrewd move. She knew Ib and BJ were going to vote for James. She had promised James she would vote with him for Ib. She knew that would force a tie and she'd have a chance to vote with BJ and Ib against James. That way, she kept her promise to James ( on the first vote )AND she kept her promise to BJ ( on the second vote ). I hope BJ sees it that way.
    I'm with Swingsongbird on this one; I think Steph did this intentionally, and I think it was a truly great move.

Quote Originally Posted by Shady64
    Why would she care about keeping her word to James?
    The answer, of course, is that she doesn't. But by "keeping her word to James," she 'proves' to Bobby Jon that she is trustworthy (ie: keeping her word that she'll vote for Ibrahem) while still keeping her word to Bobby Jon that she'll vote for James. If she explained to Bobby Jon that she would force a tie and then break it by switching her vote beforehand, then she's extremely clever.

I hope she's extremely clever; it's been a while since we've seen any real strategic talent in Survivor.

I think this was a bad move, but maybe we'll find out what she was thinking next week. She knew Ib and BJ were voting for James, so why force the tie and force a situation where she has to be the deciding vote against James? If he's going anyway, why not just vote for him initially? Who cares if she betrays James; he's not on the jury. She's put herself and her trustworthiness too much in the spotlight in the last two TC's. BJ already had doubts about her and I don't think this helped.

And I don't go along with the logic that she was proving herself to BJ by keeping her word to both him and James since she got to vote twice. I don't think he'll see it that way.

She's still my favorite.

Steph is a terrific athlete - no question about that. However, she isn't the smartest card in the deck. That was a truly STUPID move. It probably made BJ question her truthfulness about the last tribal council.

I'm with swingsongbird on this one. I think she did it so her word would be good. HOWEVER - what she failed to do was change her handwriting, making it look all "girly" so Bobby Jon wouldn't make the connection that she HAD indeed voted for him. (his impression was that is was a guy's handwriting). Bad move, Stephenie. I think BJ might have caught that (hard to read his face, what with the "deer in the headlights" expression he seems to have)
    Love many, trust a few, and always paddle your own canoe

Quote Originally Posted by SwiffyPortillo
    I think Stephenie was considering the fact that Jiffy Pop Probst had just brought up the Alabama thing and she thought that maybe Bobby Jon and Ibrehem would end up voting for her and she knew James would vote for Ibrehem, so she did too to protect herself just in case. I'm not really sure though. She's still my favorite, but I'm worried about all of her airtime. That's not a good sign on Survivor (unless you're Rupert).
    I agree with the above. She needed to "check out" the votes before proceeding. What if BJ and Ib decided to vote against her at TC? James would have voted for Ib, and she for James - which means Steph would be leaving! She needed to force the tie in order to see how the votes went down, once she did that, then she was safe and could vote out James.

I understand this could bite her in the end, but it was a risk worth taking. Now all she needs to do is convince BJ of this and all will be well.

Snoozin' on the beach
    Quote Originally Posted by jimothy21
    I agree with the above. She needed to "check out" the votes before proceeding. What if BJ and Ib decided to vote against her at TC? James would have voted for Ib, and she for James - which means Steph would be leaving! She needed to force the tie in order to see how the votes went down, once she did that, then she was safe and could vote out James.

I understand this could bite her in the end, but it was a risk worth taking. Now all she needs to do is convince BJ of this and all will be well.
    If that was the way it might have happened, and assume BJ and Ibe voted for her, It would now be a tie between steph and Ibe. So she would not have been safe by doing it that way either, her neck would be on the line anyway. BJ and Ibe would vote for her again and all it would take is James to change his vote the 2nd time for steph. Why should he chance the purple rock when his neck is not on the line to begin with? Just join the guys, she goes and he is safe.

She has to convince BOTH Ibe and BJ now, not just BJ. Still 3 left, no tie next tribal council and she's got 2 people pissed at her and not trusting her. BJ may not want Ibe to go with him to the end but Steph just proved she can't be trusted, her word means squat to him. Ibe is now the lesser of 2 evils. BJ may be a little gullible but I think he got wise to her after this TC. I hope he totally plays her and tells her what she wants to hear and then boots her next, to her surprise. She's gonna go, no question about it. Will it be next episode or the following one?

Hiya, byeya, see ya, Stephenie

I was expecting her to go rather than James or one of the other dudes this time around, and though she didn't, her pointing out her threat value after being prompted by Jeff, and her initial vote to oust Ibrehem (which I actively applauded) seals her fate in my mind.

Ibrehem will likely take a page from Bobbie Joan's tit for tat strategerizing prissy handbook for voting and vote for her simply because she made the right call in intially voting to oust him, not because she's the greatest threat to him remaining in his trio or on his tribe.

Bobbie Joan looked better, much better (as a player) at the beginning than he does now. He'll weasel around awhile longer, but he kept his heartless pal Ibrehem around I think because the have so much in common. Which doesn't mean I'm unhappy to see James take a hike. I'd been pulling for Ulong for weeks, but that evaporated when they ousted Angie. Too bad they won reward, I want them to suffer some more, but that feeling applies to most of the crew on Koror as well.

I have a feeling Bobby Jon will still side with Stephenie in the end. He seems to be a person that admires desire and tenacity, and that is just not evident in Ibrehem.

Of course, it would be in BJ's best interest to keep Ib around, if only b/c Steph has proven she won't always side with him (they've voted opposite ways FIVE times out of six at Council, agreeing only on Kim the week she went). BJ and control Ib; will he realize that before it's too late?

+ Reply to Thread