+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Katie

Quote Originally Posted by deblyn
    Am I the only one who thought Katie really lost it for them in the RC? I do believe if she caught up with the rest of their tribe, they could have won it.
    You're definitely not the only one. She totally lost if for them because they had to wait for her to catch up at each leg of the challenge. And I don't think she's doing poorly in the challenges to show that she doesn't pose a threat. If she is she's doing it incompetently, if she was trying to do poorly on purpose she could have kept up with the slowest other person, posed no threat and not lost them the challenge.

The rest of the tribe doesn't think she poses a threat because she doesn't pose a threat. Not because she's being deceptive.

I was actually impressed with Katie last night. While she still is useless in challenges and would appear to do very little around camp, she's doing what it takes to stay in the game and keep her eyes focused on what needs to be done.

She really did try to take a run at the woman alliance, but with Jenn so closely tied to Gregg, and Caryn having no idea what's best for herself, it was likely doomed to fail. I'm glad that Katie at least took the initiative and tried to strengthen her position in the game. She only abandoned it when Caryn ratted her out.
    If you go through a lot of hammers each month, I don't think it necessarily means you're a hard worker.
    It may just mean that you have a lot to learn about proper hammer maintenance.

JR.
    Quote Originally Posted by Miss Filangi
    She really did try to take a run at the woman alliance, but with Jenn so closely tied to Gregg, and Caryn having no idea what's best for herself, it was likely doomed to fail. I'm glad that Katie at least took the initiative and tried to strengthen her position in the game. She only abandoned it when Caryn ratted her out.
    I don't think Katie was serious about the women's alliance. I get the feeling she doesn't like Steph, and was just saying what she wanted to hear.

I think Katie was serious about the womans alliance. The thing is though.. if the women were smart.. they should have used Ian or Gregg to oust Tom, and told Caryn to go play with Tom.. C'est la vie.. I think Katie is playing a decent game.. if she and Jenn stick together, they could potentially be final 3..

Quote Originally Posted by Miss Filangi
    I was actually impressed with Katie last night. While she still is useless in challenges and would appear to do very little around camp, she's doing what it takes to stay in the game and keep her eyes focused on what needs to be done.

Well said. I was never of a fan of her, but after this week I have finally found a favorite this season. I just think she is smart and gets the game.

PWS
    FORT Fogey
    Just thought I'd bring Katie back to the top of the page with the other surviving Survivors....she was so far down she was almost on page 2, way behind Steph and Gregg who are outta there! Everyone's talking about her but not on her thread.
    I admit I was also looking for a before picture of her to compare, but we probably need to ask Danger Bunny to put together a chronological series of screen caps on her...less posed.

I just finished watching the first part of Gregg's web chat on CBS and he mentioned and so did Jenna M (from Amazon) that what makes Katie so valuable is that she is entertaining. People wonder why Katie and James were kept so long. The answer is that there are long periods of nothing to do (6 hours at a time), the tribe is bored and entertainers are worth their weight in gold to relieve the boredom. In the Amazon it was Rob C., here in Palau it was James for Solong and Katie for Kuror. Gregg also says that this aspect is never shown, I certainly have never seen it, and that being entertained is more important then if that person gathers wood, water or food.

Sorry but who is James? What did he do to become the entertainer?

He was the skinny guy with the redneck accent from Solong. Gregg mentioned that both James and Katie are very entertaining, we are not shown those moments.

Am I just blind or have they decided not to post the chats this season?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast