+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Jennifer Lyon - Palau

Quote Originally Posted by funnygirl422
    She was definitely been hiding her capabilities in Gregg's loin cloth. Who knew that she was such a competitor?
    She was the one who ALMOST had the "first ashore" immunity necklace, until Jolanda got a burst of speed and snatched it out right under her. Would have been a totally different team line up if she'd been picking, probably. I bet she would have chosen Gregg or Tom over Bobby Jon (that is who Jolanda picked).

My gosh, doesn't Ulong seem like a LONG time ago?

Kao
    Quote Originally Posted by Broadway
    Gregg was on our local morning show yesterday, and apparently he and Jenn are still *dating.* He didn't make it sound like anything more than that at this point because, as he pointed out, he lives in Chicago and she's in LA. But he did mention that "at least I got the girl."
    That's interesting because I'm in Chicago and the papers that covered his ouster here made a point of saying that he said they were no longer involved! Hmm...I guess we will find out for sure Sunday.

Jenn will be on the next Party at the Palms episode with Jenny Mcarthy. I think the episode airs on Wednesday at 10PM, I could be wrong though.

Jenn from last season

On The Insider earlier tonight they had a section with Jenn from last season.

Apparently Jenn had breast cancer and had a radical mastectomy. She had noticed a lump prior to going on Survivor but had ignored it due to her age. When she was out on the island she felt another lump... and when she got back she had them tested. She says she's doing well at the moment, but you can tell she is still deservedly freaked out.

And.... she has apparently been dating Brian Smith from TAR 7 for about 5 months now.
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

everything under the sun lopevian's Avatar
    Oh my God, that is really sad news. Thank God they caught it in time. She will have reconstructive surgery, but, as you said she is "deservedly freaked out". I wish her a speedy recovery and hope the cancer never comes back. That is very sad news.

Was Brian one of the two brothers? Either one of those guys would be great for her. There are both so funny, and laughter is the best medicine. My prayers and well wishes are with Jenn, that she will be a true survivor.
    "...Mr. Bluebird on my shoulder..."

Quote Originally Posted by lopevian
    Was Brian one of the two brothers?
    Indeed he was. It's always sad to hear stories like this, especially when they affect someone so young. I wish her the best of luck.

everything under the sun lopevian's Avatar
    Thanks cable, and yes, this is really sad. She has alot of fans to send their well-wishes her way, hope that makes her feel alittle bit better.
    "...Mr. Bluebird on my shoulder..."

if anyone is interested, colby talks about what is going on with jen right now on the survivor blog at the cbs website. he has been with her this past week. breast cancer runs in my family, so i know the horrible effects chemo has first hand. my thoughts are with you jen.

"Coby" not "Colby" talks about it...

Article about Jenn and her battle with breast cancer:

The word "survivor" has taken on a whole new meaning for Jenn Lyon. One of the final four in the CBS TV series, Survivor: Palau, Jenn was diagnosed with stage 3 breast cancer shortly after the series aired.

"It was a total shock," says Lyon, who had been given a clean bill of health in order to be able to compete on the show. "I'd been healthy my whole life. When I went in for the check-up I felt the best ever."

That was in July 2005 and the next year proved to be a real life survivor challenge. Jenn had a double mastectomy followed by chemotherapy and radiation treatment that she completed in April. "No more blond hair," she laments playfully. "It all came out with the treatment and it came back much darker, and curly."

During her ordeal, Jenn made a commitment to use her experience to benefit others and has since become a vocal activist promoting cancer awareness and speaking especially to younger women who don’t always want to confront the risk. She has been featured on "Entertainment Tonight" and "Access Hollywood" and in such magazines as "People," "TV Guide" and most recently in "Coping with Cancer" magazine. And she has been speaking at cancer walks, churches and community organizations. "I'm still not comfortable being a speaker," she says, "but if I can encourage someone by my experience, I know it is what I am supposed to be doing. So many people want to know what it’s like to be dropped off on an island in the middle of the ocean with a bunch of strangers and just the clothes you are wearing. I get to tell them that the entire Survivor experience was endurance training for my breast cancer."

A trained nutritionist, Jenn will sign autographs and share her experiences at the Grand Opening of the new Max Muscle Sports Fitness store in McCormick Ranch on Saturday, November 18 from 1 – 4 p.m. In the morning, she will help kick off the Making Strides Against Breast Cancer Walk at Tempe Beach Park. "Wherever there's someone who needs some encouragement, I'll do my best to be there," she says. "All through my treatment I was blessed with lots of people who had been there before and were willing to share."
    http://www.survivorfever.net/cancer_walk.html

And the picture provided with the article:

I wish her luck on her days to come.

Edit: There are also some videos on YouTube that show her talking about her battle with cancer.
    Last edited by CrossingGuard; 02-12-2007 at 12:02 AM.

+ Reply to Thread