+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Janu

It really worries me that Janu might be the first to fail at the challenge next week. I really am afraid if she is exiled by herself, she'll just up and die! I suppose by now we would know if someone had a real problem. The "word" would be out. But it's still frightening how BAD she looks. I don't have anything against her, but nothing for her either, except to hope that she doesn't die.

BTW, Jeff says "the first to bail". To me, bail means you deliberately jump/leave/whatever. What about someone who doesn't do it deliberately, but loses their balance (for instance, I don't know what the challenge will be)? We shall see, I guess!

Imagine the lawsuits if CBS allowed a Survivor contestant to die. It's not going to happen.

They might remove her, though....

As Coby said when he voted, Janu is asking people to vote her off now.
    Sooner or later she'll be a quitter.

She was not hiding that she was hacked at not being the one voted off ...
    "Quotes on the internet may not be accurate." - Abraham Lincoln

The thing is she's just become irrelevant to the Game.
    Battles will be fought around her, people will be backstabbed and argued with, and she'll be lying in her hammock quietly whimpering "Please let me go home".

And in a few weeks time, the Final Two will notice to their suprise that they are actually a Final Three. "Is she still here?"

I've lost any respect I ever had for her. If she wants out so badly, what's preventing her from quitting? Is she trying to save face by making it everyone else's responsibility to vote her out? I've got news for you Janu: asking the others to vote you out IS QUITTING! I'm so glad the rest of the Survivors didn't fall for it. They would rather have their vote mean something. In her heart she's already a quitter, I wish she'd just make it official and walk.
    "I'm telling you - it's a madhouse out there. I feel like Charlton Heston waking up in the field and seeing the chimp on top of the pony." ~ Dennis Miller

Quote Originally Posted by emjoi
    The thing is she's just become irrelevant to the Game.
    Battles will be fought around her, people will be backstabbed and argued with, and she'll be lying in her hammock quietly whimpering "Please let me go home".

And in a few weeks time, the Final Two will notice to their suprise that they are actually a Final Three. "Is she still here?"
    Why did a nightmareish image of Lill just jump into my head? I still think Lill was the least deserving of all F2s, but Janu would be an equal.

But I still think she gets stuck with the fork this week.
    Everyone has a photographic memory. Some just don't have film.- Steven Wright

PWS
    FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by Kao
    They probably did give her something, but it takes a few weeks to get over dysentery, and that's with fresh drinking water (which the tribe got recently) lots of bed rest and other things. Living on the island probably wore her down sooner.
    I'm feeling some sympathy for her here if she's got dysentery...you can't eat, food goes right through you, you are dehydrated, have zero energy, can barely move. You feel crapulent (that's a "real" word, mods, meaning just what you think). And yet she has the guts not to quit (see Osten), but asks to be voted off as happened before, even in this game, so that the people who are doing well can stay on. All of which makes her a great final 2 partner...who would vote for her? She was very energetic in the beginning. It's the fluke of the Ulong situation that she's still here, and now she could be here for a long time. I'd find it bizarrely amusing if they have given her some medicine and with the 55 gal of good water and the "bed rest/hammock rest" she's been getting she gradually comes back to life and does well at the very end. A new meaning to "survivor".

Quote Originally Posted by emjoi
    As Coby said when he voted, Janu is asking people to vote her off now.
    That's not what I got from listening to Coby on Survivor Live. Janu thought everyone was going to vote for her and she talked to Coby and asked him not to single himself out by not voting for her. As far as Coby knew she didn't ask anyone else to vote for her, which makes sense if she already thgouht they were going to.

FORT Regular
    I had to say talking about Janu's quitting made one of the most interesting tribal councils ever.

I loved the way she took her faith in her own hands even if Faith (or Jeff) had to push a little. She knew she woudn't win and was kept in the game as a pawn so she left with her head held high and messed with their plans.

A crazy theory came on my mind afterwards:
    What if Janu quit on the deserted island and asked to leave. Producer would come up with a suggestion "I'll tell you what, we'll make you fire and give you food if you stay in the game and don't quit until the tribal council. In exchange for making the show interesting you'll get the good guy editing."

After that we see Janu happier than ever dancing in the moonlight and she looks releaved until she makes her move in the tribal council.

+ Reply to Thread