+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Janu

I think Janu handled a difficult situation with grace and dignity. I loved how she stood her ground with Katie ( what a cow ) about Katie talking about her behind her back. Katie is way more of a freak on her best day than Janu on her worst. Obviously Janu has been very ill for quite some time, yet managed to participate in the reward challenge. I loved her happy dance on her solo island too.. What a classy woman.

Great exit, no matter what she had the last say by quitting. If she stayed she was a pawn for the others to decide her fate.

What else was this women really supposed to do. I think she was possibly the unhealthiest survivor we have ever seen. She was skin and bones and could not even keep any food down when it was given to her. Then you have fat ass Katie hoarding the food and making fun of you behind your back. She was physically not going to make it much farther. Not to mention the mental anquish her body was probably putting her through being that sick. Anyway I think she did a noble thing and she no longer let them play her as a pawn. Good for her!

There is great irony that Janu's biggest impact on the game was made by quitting. She had zero influence while in the game, but could potentially shape the outcome by voluntarily leaving. Now the rest of the tribe is left with the threat of Stephanie. I love when a power group's plans get derailed like that (just like when Ib. was given immunity by Koror).

FORT Regular

Janu quitting - what we didn't see...

Discuss.

http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=stor...ll&sid=8443955

Tornell Quits 'Survivor'; Still on Jury

1 hour, 33 minutes ago Television - AP

By DERRIK J. LANG, Associated Press Writer

NEW YORK - Quitters never win, but if they make it far enough on "Survivor," they get to be on the jury. Janu Tornell, 39, became the fourth person in "Survivor" history to quit the competition, but she'll still help decide the winner of the $1 million prize as a member of the nine-person jury a heated issue the tribal council cameras didn't capture.

"It wasn't to save Stephenie (LaGrossa) in the game," Tornell told The Associated Press Friday. "It ended up like that. At the same time, it was almost like a power play because I threw a wrench into their game."

The former Las Vegas showgirl said host Jeff Probst didn't coerce her into departing "Survivor: Palau," although it may have seemed otherwise.

"He aided me," said Tornell. "I was at the point where I thought, `I want to go, but I don't want to jeopardize being part of the jury.' I was still battling with `quitter.' I hate that word. But I did it. I laid down my torch. No regrets whatsoever."

Viewers didn't see Tornell's concern about whether she would be on the jury if she quit the CBS reality show. After going back and forth for several hours, Tornell said Probst asked for a break in the filming.

"The cameras stopped," said Tornell. "Tribal council got really heated. You guys didn't even get any part of that. (Probst) goes, `This is off the record. What's going on, Janu? What are you worried about?' And I said, `Basically, I don't want to lose my place in the jury. I don't know where this takes me."

Tornell said Probst left the tribal council area and consulted with producers. (The three players who quit "Survivor" in previous seasons departed before juries were formed.)

"It was all a new drama situation for everybody involved," said Tornell.

Probst returned and assured Tornell that she wouldn't forfeit her place on the jury by quitting. The cameras started back up, and Tornell did just that.

Now, as a jury member, she'll be on the lookout for the player "who I thought played the game the best."

Wow, several hours?

FORT Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by superfly
    Wow, several hours?
    Yeah, I guess we didn't see A LOT.

COMBAT MISSIONS junkie! BravoFan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by owlie
    There is great irony that Janu's biggest impact on the game was made by quitting.
    Definitely! I was thinking the same thing last night. Janu had to be one of the most worthless players in Survivor history, imo, during the game. Her power play pulling herself out of the game was just incredible. For the first time, I actually liked her.

You could almost see her mind churning during TC. She knew she wasn't liked. She knew she hated being with the others at camp. She knew she wouldn't last much longer physically. If you can't make a game changing impact while in the game, take yourself out and screw it up for everyone that way.
    "They can only edit what you give them. They cannot manufacture a fictional character out of thin air." (Bill Rancic - 4/04)
    Regarding editing reality TV: "You can't edit IN a bad personality." ("Cali"-11/02)
    BB8 - A "conveyor belt of human garbage." ("Pono" - 9/07)

Silent all these years... caragwapa's Avatar
    I usually dont like quitters but somehow I cant make myself hate Janu maybe beacause she has such a proud demeanor... i dunno

just above the horizon, but below the ozone
    Quote Originally Posted by superfly
    Wow, several hours?

man i do hate a quitter

yeah, someone a long time ago posted stuff you don't see on survivor. like on some of them they got rides to tribal counsil cause it was so far away and stuff like that, they stated that tribal council can go on for 2-3 hours.
    Last edited by joeguy; 04-23-2005 at 04:25 AM.

+ Reply to Thread