+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Ibrehem

FORT Regular
    Ibrehem bugs me. I think its a combination of a couple things. The first thing is for someone with such a great physique he doesn't do all that great in challenges. Its like his muscles are all for show. The second thing is I really think he has quite a large ego based on how he carries himself, how he answers questions at tribal council, and even his body languarge at times. He would never take the blame for anything or admit to a fault is my feeling based on watching him.

I won't fault him for not willingly going along with being ousted, which he almost certainly would have been without the Koror cavalry riding to his aid wishing to keep Ulong as weak as possible.

Ibrehem's assertion at TC that he'd been all that effective before his personal Waterloo didn't strike me as all that realistic, but the others hadn't been collectively effective either, and what else was he supposed to say in that position, "Help me Mr. Wizard!" or "Calgon, take me away"?

Either than that, I basically agree with you, Toasteroven1973; those that believe Ibrehem's a strong competitor are seeing things I've apparently overlooked.

Is he muslim? He's prayers seems rather muslim

Quote Originally Posted by funkalicious
    Is he muslim? He's prayers seems rather muslim
    yes, ibrehem is muslim. his name is the islamic equivalent of abraham

also, in addition to showing his muslim prayer rituals, they showed his tattoo which is a crescent moon and single star with is the rough equivalent of the crucifix

if memory serves me correctly, he is the first muslim contestant on survivor

FORT Knox
    Ibrahim reminds me of Osten, another black guy who looked strong but was actually quite lazy and did poorly in challenges.

Quote Originally Posted by Slider
    Ibrahim reminds me of Osten, another black guy who looked strong but was actually quite lazy and did poorly in challenges.
    But the difference has been that Ibrehem has not thrown in the towel. In fact, he went to tribal and defended himself and saved himself with his never-say-die attitude.

On the challange that Ib messed up on, Osten would probably quit or needed rescuing.

Quote Originally Posted by Elainica
    On the challange that Ib messed up on, Osten would probably quit or needed rescuing.
    Yep. I can easily picture Osten calling out for the rescue squad even though he was flailing away only feet away from the platform, something Ibrehem didn't do.

Like James undiplomatically pointed out when trying to apply what he probably figured were the final touches on an effective target on Ibrehem's back, it would have been nice if Ibrehem had realized he couldn't complete the task before it took them completely out of the running. But that's easy enough focused on after the fact; things were going too quickly for me to consider him switching off to another at the time the challege was taking place.

I think I'd like Ibrehem a bit more if the never say die attitude you see in him would appear a bit more frequently, and at challenges, not TC. And the same goes for his long lost tribe in general. I don't know of a term that all would agree on, but heart and determination come to my mind. Had Ulong displayed a bit more of the sparkiness that Ibrehem and Angie both unleashed physically and verbally in their second pugilist bout, Ulong probably wouldn't be all but a passing memory at this point in time.

Quote Originally Posted by Leftcoaster
    Yep. I can easily picture Osten calling out for the rescue squad even though he was flailing away only feet away from the platform, something Ibrehem didn't do.

Like James undiplomatically pointed out when trying to apply what he probably figured were the final touches on an effective target on Ibrehem's back, it would have been nice if Ibrehem had realized he couldn't complete the task before it took them completely out of the running. But that's easy enough focused on after the fact; things were going too quickly for me to consider him switching off to another at the time the challege was taking place.

I think I'd like Ibrehem a bit more if the never say die attitude you see in him would appear a bit more frequently, and at challenges, not TC. And the same goes for his long lost tribe in general. I don't know of a term that all would agree on, but heart and determination come to my mind. Had Ulong displayed a bit more of the sparkiness that Ibrehem and Angie both unleashed physically and verbally in their second pugilist bout, Ulong probably wouldn't be all but a passing memory at this point in time.

very well put.

though the individual attitudes shape the overall tribe's abilities, i think that in Ulong's case, their collective losing streak has taken a toll on the individuals' ability to have the 'heart' that is required to turn it all around.

in the event that ibrehem manages to safeguard his place until a merge/tribe redistribution, we will have the chance to see him in different game altogether and perhaps a different side of him will surface.

all part of the intrigue in this microcosm

Quote Originally Posted by Elainica
    And then freak out because a big bad pelican is coming to get him.

FORT Regular
    Boohoo - why do the beautiful have to go so young..

I wanted Ib to stay so much, too bad they made Bobby Jon the brains of the outfit in the IC.

http://www.cbs.com/primetime/survivo...hp?id=10&ep=07

+ Reply to Thread