+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: Coby

Quote Originally Posted by dawg
    Coby did plan to be deceptful and to turn on tribemates - not a nice guy. But then, have you ever planned to do something nasty to someone and when the moment came you couldn't do it because it's not in you to be that nasty?
    You raise many credible points yourself, dawg. But again, Coby not only planned to be nasty, but when that moment came, he was nasty. He sold out Jenn. He sold out Tom and Ian. He sold out his entire tribe.

And that says nothing about me. I don't sell out my friends.
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

Don't forget he supposedly bonded with Angie, calling them the two outsiders. Not only did he then not select her for his tribe when he had the chance, but when she was eliminated he gave a little shrug as if to say "so what".
    Not only is he nasty, he isn't even clever enough to diguise his feelings.

Snoozin' on the beach
    He just couldn't control his emotions. You know what? Suck it up and pretend to like people or pretend you have an alliance when you plan on screwing them over eventually. It's not the real world and you can't apply real world reasoning when the entire point is to get the money any way you can. For a shot at a million dollars i'd pretend to be friends with Satan's mother-in-law

He really cut off his nose to spite his face by doing everything he could to guarantee he'd get the boot

Quote Originally Posted by Broadway
    You raise many credible points yourself, dawg. But again, Coby not only planned to be nasty, but when that moment came, he was nasty. He sold out Jenn. He sold out Tom and Ian. He sold out his entire tribe.

And that says nothing about me. I don't sell out my friends.

Yup, he did sell out his tribe, and he was nasty - can't disagree. I said earlier that I thought Coby wanted to be a reincarnation of RobC, and as much as I liked RobC, he was deceitful, he backstabbed. And, like you, I don't sell out my friends.

Quote Originally Posted by Shady64
    He really cut off his nose to spite his face by doing everything he could to guarantee he'd get the boot
    I agree with that too. So he did what he had to do to be voted off ... by being nasty. On TES he said he was ready to go, he said he had lost his desire to have fun and became a bitter queen. I am saying, if he recognized that he had become bitter, and he didn't want to be bitter, then he did the right thing by getting himself kicked off. Maybe we could say he quit ... another person that JP was talking about at the reunion of S9.

As far as selling out his team, I understood him to say he wasn't friends with his teammates - it's not all lovey dovey - and saw a chance to create an even playing field for Stephenie by letting her know his opinion of tribal politics. Was he right in saying Jenn hated Stephenie ... I say no ... he doesn't really know what Jenns thoughts and feelings are. He only knows his thoughts and feelings - and only to some degree. I'm sure he didn't know Tom's plans nor Ians plans, nor Katies plans, etc. And then he screwed Gregg out of his plans. Not the thoughts and actions of a sane man. Does the hunger, fatigue, and close proxity to other people reduce a persons ability to think rationally? I say yes.

That said, I would prefer to have beers with Coby over JFP ... but I wouldn't trust him as a friend any more than I would trust JFP. I appreciated his airtime and his comments. But it was time for him to go - in many ways.
    Everyone has a photographic memory. Some just don't have film.- Steven Wright

Interesting statement from Coby that proves that he is still a bitter and nasty person, albeit a self-aware nasty guy.

From eonline.com's Watch With Kristin this week:

From tommylynch: Surprise! Surprise! Stephenie gets to stay on Survivor for at least one more week now that she's become a member of Koror. What was the deal with Coby?
    On Friday here's what Coby had to say: "I obviously realize that my sass probably didn't help me, but what you didn't see at Tribal [council] is that I left with one of our oars. Koror had actually given me one of our oars as a sign of respect. My only regret in the game is that I did not burn Tom's clothes, because at that last fishing trip, I wanted to burn his pants and his shirt when he got back to camp, and I didn't do it! The biggest thing I learned is that I wasn't good at high school the first time and I'm still not any good at it."
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

Leo
    Premium Member
    Anger management, anyone?

I'll admit that I like Coby. Someone earlier compared Coby to Rob C. The difference is, Rob wasn't emotional about the deception. Rob had a clear vision and knew what he was going to do and what it would take. Rob, unlike Coby, managed to find a way to be included in everything and be likeable enough that the tribe wanted him around. Coby pouted when he felt that he was being excluded and broadcast that feeling to the rest of his tribe. In the same way that Coby hates and resents Tom, Rob hated Roger. Rather than throw temper tantrums, Rob just quietly went on about his business and voted him out. Of course, Tom is certainly not as abraisive as Roger, so Rob had a little help.

Coby had all the makings of someone that could have turned the tribe upside down. He had a solid group of friends, he wasn't willing to go along with the majority and crown Tom, king and Ian, prince.

Still, he self-destructed and then seemed surprised when they voted him off. He gave them the perfect excuse.
    If you go through a lot of hammers each month, I don't think it necessarily means you're a hard worker.
    It may just mean that you have a lot to learn about proper hammer maintenance.

JR.
    Quote Originally Posted by Miss Filangi
    Coby had all the makings of someone that could have turned the tribe upside down. He had a solid group of friends, he wasn't willing to go along with the majority and crown Tom, king and Ian, prince.

Still, he self-destructed and then seemed surprised when they voted him off. He gave them the perfect excuse.
    I think he was just all talk. It was easy in the begining, they kept winning and he didn't really have to "play the game". Once the merge came, he realized that he wasn't going to be able to back it up and got frustrated.

Caged Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion Maveno's Avatar
    The biggest thing I learned is that I wasn't good at high school the first time and I'm still not any good at it."
    I find this statement to be REALLY odd. Clearly, he can't "let go" of his high school years... which, I think (how old is he anyway??) at his age he should start growing up about it.
    High school was difficult for you cuz you acted like a smarmy bitch? Well, no wonder nobody wanted to include you in any "reindeer games". :rolleyes
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

Quote Originally Posted by Miss Filangi
    I'll admit that I like Coby. Someone earlier compared Coby to Rob C. The difference is, Rob wasn't emotional about the deception. Rob had a clear vision and knew what he was going to do and what it would take. Rob, unlike Coby, managed to find a way to be included in everything and be likeable enough that the tribe wanted him around. Coby pouted when he felt that he was being excluded and broadcast that feeling to the rest of his tribe. In the same way that Coby hates and resents Tom, Rob hated Roger. Rather than throw temper tantrums, Rob just quietly went on about his business and voted him out. Of course, Tom is certainly not as abraisive as Roger, so Rob had a little help.

Some excellent points, Miss F ... but I wanted to say that I think Coby wanted to be like RobC, but couldn't pull it off - for many reasons you gave. I too liked Coby, but there were some things I didn't like about him. Burning Toms clothes would have been pure vindictiveness, and not an admirable quality.
    Everyone has a photographic memory. Some just don't have film.- Steven Wright

+ Reply to Thread