+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 33 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Bobby Jon

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by queenb
    How so? Ashlee is Mormon which is a whole lot different from being any other type of Christian, so I figured they would clash badly if they start discussing religion!
    Sure, it's different, but it's not like she's Hindu. I have a very good Mormon friend and I'm Christian. I don't think they'd clash at all and out there if you feel someone's got something in common with you(perhaps no one else is Christian, let's say) then that could be a bonding point. Plus, the comparisons of their 2 forms of religion would be interesting, cuz believe me, it is.

Ah, screw my airtime theory. I'm now getting to rewatch Africa and Silas bearly got any airtime in the first episode. I certainly thought that meant he was going far and until he got switched, he was my pick to win the game, but yeah, gone by the 5th episode. I hope that's not Bobby's fate!

FORT Regular
    He was really passionate on the obstacle course which is a nice way of saying he went over the top. Hope he stays cool in the social part of the game.

When he was told that they should get rid of a strong Romber style alliance his reply was he "didn't see anything wrong with that" (two people forming a tight alliance)

That signals that he is either clueless about the game or allied with the love couple. Latter being very possible since he is very good looking and can feel close to the young pretties.

FORT Fogey
    I think he has an alliance with them and Stephenie. They have to be careful, sure, you can keep Jeff & Kim around, but watch out, for they may become Romber 2.0 but not neccessarily. There may be a tribeswitcheroo that screws it up or possibly say the 4 of them make the merge. Then they'd need to get rid of one ASAP before they get too far into the game to be taken out.

Oh, for that RC thing? That amuzed me. I even said out loud: Boys! I'd probably do something crazy too, especially if I'd fallen off the 1st time through right at the end. I'm very competitive. And did anyone notice that he had cuts on his chest after trying desparately to stay on the rolling barrel? I sort of did but when I was looking at screen caps I noticed it clearly. My first thought was,"Ouch!" He was probably thinking when he made it across the 2nd time: Take that you evil barrel! Maybe not, but eh, it "injured" him so I'd be all pumped up and determined to take it out on something too. Yes, I'm a bit intense.

Quote Originally Posted by Zorbo
    He was really passionate on the obstacle course which is a nice way of saying he went over the top. Hope he stays cool in the social part of the game.
    Another way of putting it is he acted like a baby, which may hurt him if he continues to act this way, and probably will hurt his popularity with the fans, which may count for some of these people looking for endorsement deals, etc. after the show.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp
    Quote Originally Posted by Zorbo

When he was told that they should get rid of a strong Romber style alliance his reply was he "didn't see anything wrong with that" (two people forming a tight alliance)

That signals that he is either clueless about the game or allied with the love couple. Latter being very possible since he is very good looking and can feel close to the young pretties.
    I thought it was funny during the RC. I'd say he's overly competitive, and if his tribe continues to lose challenges (can't quite say they're on a losing streak since they did win one) he might blow. I wonder if his voting strategy will hurt him in the end, because week one, he didn't vote against Jolanda and told Stephenie point blank he wasn't going to. Then he tells her again that he doesn't want to vote for Kim. So he may find himself the odd man out here eventually, especially if Kim/Jeff get split up and they were his original alliance.

My theory of the position BJ has on the Tribe....
    James is the Leader of Ulong. He's the spokesman, he grabbed the flint when it was won.... the Offical Leader.

But BJ seems to be this odd slightly separate person who everyone seems to admire the most. The "Wise Man" of the tribe (suprisingly). Just the way they treated him when deciding the who to boot. He wasn't in a conspiratorial group, he wandering all alone. They approached him, were given his words of wisdom, and then left alone again. As if he was Above it all.

I expect him to go a long way. A least to the Merge, where he might be headhunted.
    (I'll watch the show again, and that might all turn out to be an illusion, but that's my impression)

FORT Fogey
    Yup. If Ulong continues to suck and instead of getting it together like Morgan, they fall more apart like Maraamu, I think he'll be one of the last left from his tribe. I don't have a good feeling about this tribe though, they're such a mess, why can't they get it together? I wish he was on Koror

Hey, Kara, cool, someone else who doesn't think he's pyscho, which seems to be a new consensus around the Survivor fans And you laughed too? I think we are twins

FORT Newbie

Bobby Jon

I almost died when my friend sent me the sneak preview of who was going to be on Survivor, because we know Bobby Jon from high school days. He is a nice guy from what I know of him and he is just kind of a good 'ol boy. I hope he goes far, I am rooting for him, and he made me a Survivor fan for the first time. I am just still cracking up about this, it is even funnier than seeing him in Cosmo or on a huge billboard modeling for Speedo. Also laughing because this is the third guy I know to pop up on a Reality show.

FORT Fogey
    Oh you know him? And he's done some actual modeling? Well, I'd sure love to see any pics of him online

I really think now that all his pre vid stuff about how he was gonna play dirty and whatnot soooo hasn't happened. He is just so awesome and I absolutely adore him. I hope he can at least make the jury, he is very deserving and I'm relieved he wasn't on Vanuatu cuz he'd be gone by now.

I was worried he'd be a butthead and be useless eye candy like Burton and Shawn but he's great! He's one of my fav guys so far of a lot of the recent seasons so hopefully he keeps this up. And, I do believe he's smart, not as dumb as rock like others believe; I don't see that at all Go Bobby!

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp
    The guy is gorgeous. I think I'd be more upset with him being voted off than I was with Brady. Maybe it's me, but he seems a little separated from his tribe. I hope tonight wasn't foreshadowing of things to come for him (being the worker bee of the tribe, and in the past the one who always sticks to his votes and won't be swayed). This has gotten people voted off in the past. Although the tribe seems to sort of want to keep their physical members around (even though they voted off Jolanda and Jeff), so maybe after losing 3 IC they won't dare to vote for him. I wasn't too sure what to think of him at first, because I thought he might become obnoxious and annoying. He still might, but I don't care. I really wish he was on Koror, although Coby might go after him like he did with Jonathan. I loved Kim's reference to him being like Tarzan. And the way he was in the RC, I don't think he likes to lose. If only Ulong could start winning some immunity challenges.
    Last edited by karalott; 03-04-2005 at 12:31 AM.

+ Reply to Thread