+ Reply to Thread
Page 28 of 33 FirstFirst ... 18192021222324252627282930313233 LastLast

Thread: Bobby Jon

JR.
    Quote Originally Posted by cable101
    No, but congrats on managing to take a portion of my post out of context to support such a claim. As I have said, the primary focus of Survivor is the social game. Wilderness survival, challenge strength, and other aspects all factor into the equation, but, ultimately, the game comes down to a vote, a true measure of one's social skills. Each individual has the opputunity to manipulate the vote so that they are not the one booted. Bobby Jon did not have that opputunity, and that is why his departure is unfair. If challenge strength was the sole determinant of who wins a million dollars each season, then many of our past winners would never have made it as far as they did. Every one of them instead made it to the end based on their ability to manipulate the vote to their will. Bobby Jon was denied the chance to do that, and I categorize that as unfair.
    How did I take that out of context? YOU don't like the way he left the game. That doesn't change the fact that he lost a fair competition. I never said strength was the major focus, and BJ did have an opportunity to "manipulate the vote" - win the challenge.

pyramid

You know Cable when that fire challenge started and I saw Steph making her sticks stick up like a pyramid and reach the rope faster and then looked at BJ's and he seemed to be just concerned with getting his fire started first....I think all of us knew what the outcome was going to be. When she started her fire.....of course it would reach the rope first.

You just saw it coming. She outsmarted him in the end. Your favorite didn't win that night.....but hopefully this season your favorite will do well.
    Frankly Jamie we don't give a damn.

I thought he got short-changed at the time it happened, but at least they made it up to him by bringing him back. I'm waiting with bated breath for him to clock Jamie.

Cable101, I get what you're saying. It doesn't seem "fair" to me either when the whole point of Survivor seems to be the "vote". But at least he's got his chance now, for all the good it will do him. *sigh* Steph on the other hand (as much as it galls me) has managed to put herself in a very good position.

It goes back to when them voted out Blake. It has been a downward spiral ever since. The outcome could have been a hole lot more interesting if they had thought that through.

Quote Originally Posted by lopevian
    Indeed! Hot, thy name is Bobby Jon. He was aqua-manimal! Ofcourse it was disgusting, but it was the only time I've ever wanted to watch someone feed fish, so there you have it.

These votes he's getting at TC are working a number on my nerves though, especially after hearing what making the jury would mean to him. *sigh*
    Yay! I'm not the only one who thinks he's gorgeous!

I'm glad some of us have good tastes!

Declare Your Independence Passepartout's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Violetgirl
    I thought he got short-changed at the time it happened, but at least they made it up to him by bringing him back. I'm waiting with bated breath for him to clock Jamie.

Wouldn't it be funny if he were to be voted out and then turn right around and decked out Jamie! What a way to go out with a bang.

I don't care for Bobby Jon, although I do like him better than Jamie. It is ass clowns like these that cause other to see the south unfavorably. They are somewhat decent looking, but dumb as bricks and brutish. Neither one is a gentleman.

I'd take Brandon any day.
    fka kickstand

Can Ya Dig It?

Yes

Quote Originally Posted by Lolls
    I don't care for Bobby Jon, although I do like him better than Jamie. It is ass clowns like these that cause other to see the south unfavorably. They are somewhat decent looking, but dumb as bricks and brutish. Neither one is a gentleman.

I'd take Brandon any day.

I agree Lolls I hate the way they come up with the Southern men and women who cannot put 2 sentences together with perfect grammer.

I just don't understand why he talks so dumb when he is an educated man with a degree. Come on I know English was a basic course.

Quote Originally Posted by JR.
    How did I take that out of context? YOU don't like the way he left the game. That doesn't change the fact that he lost a fair competition. I never said strength was the major focus, and BJ did have an opportunity to "manipulate the vote" - win the challenge.
    You're right; I don't like the way he left the game. But the reason it was unfair is not because I didn't like it. It was an unfair departure because it went against every boot that we have ever seen in Survivor. I didn't like that Brian was voted out this season, but it was certainly fair. The sole reason BJ's boot was unfair was because it was not executed with the same method that every boot has ever been executed with, and, because of that, defies the very core of what Survivor focuses on. Regardless of personal feelings, Bobby Jon's only chance to save himself was to win a fire-making challenge. He did not have the luxury of attempting to alter a vote that every past Survivor has had. A challenge is not a vote. Bobby Jon is the only person to leave Survivor without the oppurtunity to manipulate a vote in an effort to save himself. No one had an unfair advantage in the challenge, but the fact that the challenge was the sole determinant of who went home that night is unfair in itself.
    Survivor is not a fair game, and neither was that tribal council.

Quote Originally Posted by ScarlettO
    You just saw it coming. She outsmarted him in the end. Your favorite didn't win that night.
    I don't like Bobby Jon, and I was rooting for Stephenie to win that fire-making challenge.

+ Reply to Thread