+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 33 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Bobby Jon

Snoozin' on the beach
    He's righteous? Oh man, I can see him rubbing people the wrong way. The younger girls will like him though.

Pursuing a modeling career. Hmmm, lots of preening early on and looking good for the camera instead of playing the game. He is great eye candy but looks to have a "pretty boy" attitude

graduated from Charles Henderson High School, where he lettered in football
    "lettered in football"? Does that mean he wrote obscure academic papers on the subject?

I'm a bit disappointed he turned out to be a young hunk. "Bobby Jon Drinkard".... I was hoping for this years Bubba or Big Tom.

They've got 20 people to slaughter, and I reckon he'll be in the first week or two.

FORT Fogey
    emjoi, you don't know what it means to "letter in football" or any sport? It means you were on varsity. Varsity is the top level of competition for high school sports. Seniors get on it by default and talented people get on it at an earlier age.

I love me football players. And WOW he is really gorgious. Best looking one in the cast for sure. I hope hope hope he isn't a jerk and I hope he is a lot like TAR's Brandon, who was, as fellow TAR viewers know, a really religious guy.

Someone said he's a redneck. I don't think so. He got a college degree so he'll speak in correct English. Don't get me started on those people last season who sounded like they hadn't gotten out of 4th grade yet.

Bobby Jon, do NOT be like Shawn and Burton and disappoint me! Be like Silas, who I love.

Sorry Cutie, I'm not from the USA. "Lettered in football" sounded odd to an outsider.
    Reading all your comments, I think we are at polar opposites on who we like. You look like you'll be cheering the Hunks to victory, and I'll be cheering their downfall.

Oh well, we ugly people won last season.

FORT Fogey
    Oh ok. I understand, I wasn't aware you weren't from the US so I'm glad I could be of some assistance. I'm cheering for the athletes to make it to the top because first of all who doesn't enjoy eye candy? 2nd of all, the athletes don't make it far anymore and seeing the weak triumph season after season sucks. I think that's what makes The Amazing Race so much better.

I want to like Bobby Jon because he's religious. There aren't too many reality show contestants who are religious who are evil. Not even Joanna(S6) or Millie(TAR4). They may have been abrasive but they weren't cruel people. I like the nice people so I'm hoping Bobby Jon is like that. I hope he doesn't disappoint!

You have Gregg and Ibrehem in your favs. They're "hunks".

Ibrehem... I know he's built, but he doesn't fit into the standard "Burton" mold. And in the group photo he's standing separate from the rest, as if he doesnt fit in. So I claim him.

Gregg... Ummm, hard to explain. He looks almost TOO much like the Standard White Athlete. Something about him tickles me.

Anyway, it's all just mucking about with photos now. I cant seriously pick a favourite until I hear them and see how they interact. Heck, I was a big supporter of Ethan in All-Stars, mainly because he was in a permanant rotten situation and he handled it bravely.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp
    Well, I found my eye-candy this season. I don't think I've ever heard anyone refer to themselves as righteous. Now hopefully he isn't all high on the mountain and stuck on himself. I wouldn't think so, though. Some of his favorites surprised me, compared to other people in his age range.

His video moment is amusing. Talks about his Christian faith, then flexes his muscle to make the women swoon.

FORT Fogey
    Yeah, I got the feeling it was tongue-in-cheek though. And that he was kind of making fun of himself at the same time showing off what he worked hard to get. Hey, it's HARD to get nice muscles so why not show them off. Oh and he has such a cute accent. You know he's gone within 3 episodes. The eye candy just doesn't go far anymore. *sigh* I think he's gonna be a very sweet guy though...I do definitely get the Brandon from TAR feeling.

Don't get me wrong... he's got alot of charm and character.
    I aint knocking him at all.

PS, after watching the vids, my attitude about some people has changed a bit. There are a good number of people who are pretty, and also have strong characters.
    I'm pretty happy right now with the cast.

+ Reply to Thread