+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Jeff Probst and Julie are dating!!

FORT Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by Pomeraniac

I'm obviously in the minority here, but I'm of the opinion that the host of a competetive reality tv show should be barred from dating any of that show's contestants.

Whether she won or not, her involvement as a participant is tainted by the fact that she's involved with the host of the program.

To me, it's a little too much like teachers dating their students -- it's a line that shouldn't be crossed, for the sake of the integrity of the game.

So this development makes me lose a lot of respect for Probst.
    I knew something was making me a little squeamish about the whole thing. It's the power issue. Ala teacher/student.

Not to mention the age difference... ick. It really sounds like some kind of cliched middle aged crisis on his part.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

I'm obviously in the minority here, but I'm of the opinion that the host of a competetive reality tv show should be barred from dating any of that show's contestants.

Whether she won or not, her involvement as a participant is tainted by the fact that she's involved with the host of the program.

To me, it's a little too much like teachers dating their students -- it's a line that shouldn't be crossed, for the sake of the integrity of the game.

So I'm not the only one that feels like that. It's not that I don't want them happy or anything, but something about it just feels weird to me.

If the relationship had been taking place before her participation in the show had ended, I would completely agree with you.

With the relationship happening AFTER filming (and her participation) had finished, I see absolutely nothing wrong with it. He has no *hosting* or power role at this point.

Now if she were to appear on an future allstar show (of which I don't think we'll be seeing again), then all bets are off... she shouldn't be allowed to participate if they are still dating.

You know I love you Pom, (here - I'll prove it: ) but we're going to have to agree to disagree on this one.

Julie's not a contestant for life, only for the duration of the show. Now she's a regular civilian like the rest of us. So I agree with Broadway, as long as the relationship began after the show was finished filming and everyone was back home, I'm OK with it.
    "I'm telling you - it's a madhouse out there. I feel like Charlton Heston waking up in the field and seeing the chimp on top of the pony." ~ Dennis Miller

Jeff's the man. Julie's so hot, what a lucky guy.

would rather be cruising! marybethp's Avatar
    I'm with you Qboots - as long as it was after filming wrapped up, I see nothing wrong with it. But then again, I'm a romantic at heart and I hope it works for them.

As for the person who said they'd rather date Phil Keoghan from TAR, it's a pure toss up. Jeff or Phil. Jeff or Phil. Hmmm....let me fall asleep to dream about it!

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by Qboots
    You know I love you Pom, (here - I'll prove it: ).
    Aw Qboots, I just loooooove it when you kiss me!! Right back at ya!

See, if we can do it, ( ) Jeff & Julie should be allowed to do it.

I see them more as co-workers than as teacher/student. And since Survivor is the best thing that ever happened to Probst, I'd bet my bottom dollar that he ran it by Mark Burnett before he went public with it. I just don't see him doing anything to jeopardize his position in the Survivor empire.
    "I'm telling you - it's a madhouse out there. I feel like Charlton Heston waking up in the field and seeing the chimp on top of the pony." ~ Dennis Miller

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp
    Quote Originally Posted by marybethp
    I'm with you Qboots - as long as it was after filming wrapped up, I see nothing wrong with it. But then again, I'm a romantic at heart and I hope it works for them.

As for the person who said they'd rather date Phil Keoghan from TAR, it's a pure toss up. Jeff or Phil. Jeff or Phil. Hmmm....let me fall asleep to dream about it!
    I'd take Phil over Jeff anyday. Not only do I think he's cuter (although Jeff isn't bad looking by any means) but he also has a better job.

Quote Originally Posted by Shady64
    I'm sure her feelings for him will remain genuine as long as he can continue to open doors for her. Once they dry up, I have no doubt there will be a parting of the ways.

BINGO! I think you just hit the nail on the head! She is a fool to move across country to CA unless she has show business on the brain. Jeff is probably just a stepping stone

+ Reply to Thread