+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Knight Ridder: Survivor Notes

Knight Ridder: Survivor Notes

UPN banking on Tyra, and why `Survivor' went boy/girl
    By CHUCK BARNEY
    Knight Ridder Newspapers

Notes and quotes from television's midseason press tour:

The decision to turn the upcoming sixth edition of "Survivor" into a battle-of-the-sexes format apparently led to some interesting group dynamics, according to host Jeff Probst.

"The way they interacted together was very different," says Probst, whose show returns Feb. 13. "With the males, you had guys who couldn't help themselves from sort of establishing turf -- you know: `I'm stronger. I'm the leader.' Meanwhile, the women just seemed to naturally bond a little better, and how that plays out over the series has a big impact."

Probst also noted that keeping the tribes divided along gender lines intensified the sexual tension.

"It just kept building and building and building," he said. "And when they (the tribes) did get together, it was like a mixer."

"George Oscar Bluth II, aka GOB, featured magician in the best selling videotape, "Girls With Low Self Esteem" invites you to enter his world.
    -- Arrested Development, Season III

I found the Jeffy comments on how the two groups bonded differently to be interesting, and supporting the rumored early bootees over in the spoiler thread.
    "George Oscar Bluth II, aka GOB, featured magician in the best selling videotape, "Girls With Low Self Esteem" invites you to enter his world.
    -- Arrested Development, Season III

I imagine a few of them,both men and women might have been looking to use their looks to form an alliance with certain members of the opposite sex.

I think it'll be interesting to see how the tribes fair when that is taken out of the mix.

I think this is an interesting way to start the show and only wish it hadn't been revealed until the show started.
    "That's Numberwang!"

+ Reply to Thread