+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Your thoughts on the "Get rid of the Men" strategy?

There was nothing wrong with the "get rid of the men" strategy for Ami, Leann and Julie. They just forgot to carry it out.

If Eliza had been included in the strategy meeting, and the discussion focused on booting Chris, would Eliza still have strayed? I think not, although only she can tell us.

For not carrying out a plan that was destined for success, and for letting their arrogance get the best of them, these women deserve their fate.

Kudos to Twila and Scout. They played it exactly right.

Now, if everyone gets that Eliza is a certain F2 loser, and they all try to bring her to F2, we'll have a satisfying ending.

Ami is a manhater. Don't know or care why, it's evident whenever she's around them.

I have no problem with this strategy, unless it were the other way around.

I'd much rather see them get rid of dead weight or annoying ones, there's always next season!
    "Quotes on the internet may not be accurate." - Abraham Lincoln

I didn't like Chris at first -- I thought he should have been voted out the first week when he fell off that balance beam so many times. The guys screwed themselves by taking out Brook, Brady (I work with his sis!) and the two John's. Those four hunky guys could have won more competitions and possibly propelled the men to the end. Oops.

But I have to admit I was rooting for Chris last Thursday, if only for that fact that it SHOOK THINGS UP! This game is getting seriosuly stale. Time for some reimagining.

Snoozin' on the beach
    getting rid of the men was a good strategy but It didn't occur to me until the merge just how really smart Ami was to want all the men gone. It eliminates strong physical threats to ALL of the women but more importantly, it take out alot of people that would try to sway the other women against her personally. She was definitely thinking down the road on that score by shrinking the pool of choices.

She's been the best player since the get go, unfortunately i don't see her lasting beyond next week. I can just visualize a network exec. wringing his hands in glee with the whole Man hater idea going. Anything to boost ratings eh? I think its funny that everyone wanted her to give up the advantage SHE had, just so they would improve THEIR own chances at the million. It shows just who wants the million the most

People keep saying Ami is a great player. To be honest, I dont see it.
    She had a single simple plan, and it worked for a while despite her complete lack of subtlety, tact, carefullness. She just bulldozed along.

It's like saying Sarge was a great player for booting the pretty boys. It's Easy to do that when you have the numbers.

But it's now that we will see how good a player Ami is. If she can divert people from voting her out next week, then I will be impressed. Great players pull a victory out of a bad situation.

Snoozin' on the beach
    It actually started in the first week. She went to Eliza and Leann and told both they were both targeted by Dolly. By getting them to turn on Dolly, she gave the numbers advantage to the older women of the tribe. When it switch up, it went from old vs. young to men vs. women. Instead of just 4 older women it was 6 women strong

As far as getting rid of the men, I think it helped her more in the long run than the group of women as a whole. It got rid of physical threats (ala Colby) but it also effectively shrunk the pool of outsiders that could turn any of the other women against her and vote her out. Any number of the women could have bucked the plan at anytime and yet they didn't. They stuck with her and she used that. She carried many of them and had alot of influence as far as who to boot. Lisa wasn't a threat to all the women, just Ami. She had the advantage and she maintained it. She'd have continued it to the F2 if Leann's mouth hadn't sunk her.

Snoozin' on the beach
    This is getting scary...i'm getting obsessed with this show

I've been a bad, bad girl Siryn's Avatar
    Getting rid of the men was perfect for Ami as a player, because she dominated the other women - politically, and physically. The men, physically, are Ami's biggest threats.

But for the women who needed to play a more political game, they needed to get rid of Ami. Scout and Twila, for example. They could have used the men when all of them were there to shake up the game and make things "more fair" or rather equalizing the chances a bit for everyone involved to make a play for the end game.

There are too many permutations to count on my tired brain, but you all get the drift.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234