+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Your thoughts on the "Get rid of the Men" strategy?

Actually I think that Leann benefits the most from this. If things go by her plans it will be:

7. Chris
    6. Scout/Twila
    5. Scout/Twila
    4. Eliza

The Final 3 would be Leann/Ami/Julie. We all know that Julie and Leann have a Final 2 alliance, and it looks like Leann may have one with Ami as well. Game over. Leann beats both of them in the Final 2.
    Shows I'm Watching: The Real World/Road Rules Challenge: Battle of the Sexes 2, Survivor: Vanuatu, The Apprentice 2, The Real World: Philidelphia

Quote Originally Posted by JR.
    But if you're a woman at the bottom of the pecking order it might not be so good.
    That's a good point. I agree that getting rid of all the men is not very good. Taking the bulk of them out, however, is. Jeff was very perceptive last tribal council when he called out the last remaining man as a very important strategic asset for the women at the bottom of the totem pole.
    "The bureaucracy is expanding to meet the needs of an expanding bureaucracy."
    -- Unknown

Snoozin' on the beach
    Actually right now Leann is the biggest threat. She's been UTR and hasn't overtly pissed anyone off. If anyone is thinking of being with her in the F2, they will lose. I can't see Julie sticking with her. Her lie to Twila will cost her chad, Chris,Sarge and Twila's vote. Ami/Leann...Ami has pissed of to many.
    Twila/Leann.. Twila pissed off the guys, even though it was because of Julie's lie
    Eliza/Leann...Eliza is a whinny, lazy bigmouth
    Scout/Leann...Scout didn't stick with the guys and didn't do much in challenges

I'm thinking any of them would want Eliza with them in the F2 in order to win, just because she she was such a PAI.

Quote Originally Posted by fluff
    I think any remote possibility that the women who remained at Yasur would rethink the strategy went out of the window when Bubba uttered his famous "Chris, think of the merge" comment at the challenge.

I agree with Wolf, it really doesn't make for exciting tv, but the game plan itself is solid enough, particularly as, even if someone does come up an alternate plan e.g. Scout last week, they can't get the numbers to go along with it.
    Very good points. Its clear from Bubba's attempts to communicate with Chris that at least some of the men had a similar strategy in mind, ie to vote out the women.
    The game has disappointed some because it has been "boring" or "predictable", but it is job of the survivors to try to win the game. It is the job of the producers to make it interesting.
    I've been saying for a while now that we still don't know who is going to win this, even if we suspect it will be a woman. Even if Chris goes this week, there are 6 left. If Scout and Twila suspect they are at the bottom of the pecking order, they could try to make something happen with Eliza. I say get rid of Chris and lets see a new round of strategizing.
    One more thing - don't bet against a woman on an endurance test. Past seasons show they almost always win .

Caged Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion Maveno's Avatar
    Well, so much for that plan. All this talk was moot.
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

I told myself that I would not be contributing this time around being that I have a newborn baby and FORT is addictive! But, I couldn't help it this time.

Bill has made what I think is THE most observant and key point:

Ami has issues with MEN!

You can see it in her face EVERY time she does a confessional talking about the women's alliance and EVERY time she talks about it with the other women. It's in her face and in her voice. Something is up with her! It seemed to get ugly when the tribes were mixed up.

I am soooooo glad Twila and Scout opened themselves up to other opportunities for advancement and broke free of Ami's spell. Sarge said it perfectly when he described how Ami was like a black widow sitting comfortably in her web and reeling folks in.

I HATE the all-women idea. I also hate having the tribes split by sexes. It is always boring unless there is some kind of mix-up or merge. Plus, I just love the guys and men!
    Ginger Rogers made all of the same dance moves as Fred Astaire- only backwards and in high-heels!

FORT Newbie
    One more thing - don't bet against a woman on an endurance test. Past seasons show they almost always win .
    That's an interesting point. I've always been of the understanding that while, generally, men are stronger, women generally have better balance and endurance. (I read this somewhere a long time ago, so don't shoot me yet. )

If you look back at all the final challenges they nearly always involve both balance and endurance. I do wonder if there isn't some form of gender bias unintentionally (?) inherent in the design of these challenges?

In this sort of challenge the only time I can remember a guy going head to head with a girl and looking like they had a real chance was Rudi vs Jenna way, way back. Rudi who was an ex navy SEAL eventually messed up for other reasons. Those guys are exceptional for their endurance.

FORT Newbie
    Ami has issues with MEN!

You can see it in her face EVERY time she does a confessional talking about the women's alliance and EVERY time she talks about it with the other women. It's in her face and in her voice. Something is up with her! It seemed to get ugly when the tribes were mixed up.

Queenraw, I agree, exactly. Add to that she's a too smug at times and a bit arrogant.

Clearly she's an intelligent person but those personality issues turn me off her.

Ami does have issues with men. It showed big time during the mix up when Lisa wanted to show the guys how to crack a coconut. Ami almost lost it she was so upset that the men were getting "Her" women’s attention.

I don't have a problem with the women sticking together. It is no different from most survivors where Tribes plan on voting together till the end.

Quote Originally Posted by Oculona
    Ami does have issues with men. It showed big time during the mix up when Lisa wanted to show the guys how to crack a coconut. Ami almost lost it she was so upset that the men were getting "Her" women’s attention.

I don't have a problem with the women sticking together. It is no different from most survivors where Tribes plan on voting together till the end.
    Ami's attitude is what I disliked most about the women sticking together, although it's hard for me to explain. I felt that it was more "because you're men" than "because I'm sticking to my alliance which happens to be all female". Besides which wathing Ami herd the women around was really getting old!
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast